Matsi

Need More Cs Staff

You can certainly have it both ways.... I understand that there are times when a staff member can't come help instantly but I tried for almost an hour to get the same people to come help.... and as a result of noone coming, the server population died.... from ~20 players to 0

I also think that if the leadership of this division aren't even going to play in the division for over a month like... @Bleed then they should be demoted! I would get demoted if I just stopped playing TF2 for 2 weeks, bleed hasn't even launched the game since Sept 7 according to his profile.... that's just ONE example that I bothered to look up.

Then there's the fact that for the passed 4 promo/demos the only CSGO promotion has been Snackbar.... it looks to me like the csgo leaders aren't even bothered to play on the servers to see who would be a good staff.

These guys were able to keep global DM/DL powers for years without there EVEN BEING A SERVER.... now that bleed finally got a server up, they don't fricking play on it or anything... HELL my ban request got solved by a fricking moderator! find someone like snackbar to be the DL and get this div off its feet with someone who's actually going to play in it and fudge.

Plus if the reason there aren't mods for CSGO is that there's not enough people to choose from, make some of the TF2 staff...staff... so that there are at least people that can be called in to help when needed.

You can't have it both ways. People complain about bad admins, so we remove them. Now we have less staff, and people complain that they can't find staff. We haven't been getting reliable new members, so who are we supposed to promote?

When you come to lithium and I when we're in the middle of a competitive game, we can't tab out to look at the chat, and we can't just leave the game. Yes, the game did take about an hour, that happens. Its competitive.

I'm sorry if I can't get on during peak hours. I haven't been using my main account to play CS:GO. I've been using my alts. I've also been testing things out on a personal server before putting it on our server. I still won't be too active until after midterms. I probably should have posted that in hellos/goodbyes, but oh well.

The only thing that means is that we didn't feel that anyone else deserved it at the time.

The server went up multiple times, just to be emptied every time we populated it, and then it would usually follow with valve breaking something major. I'm sorry that I couldn't respond to the ban request within 20 minutes before a mod got to it.

I'd rather not make people that have never played CS jailbreak moderator on CSGO.

So much arguing going on, how about we just put our trust in Bleed? I'm sure that Bleed of all people knows what he is doing, no reason to have these petty little arguments about something so stupid. The CS:GO servers are just getting more attention now it seems. Let it build itself back up.

You can't have it both ways. People complain about bad admins, so we remove them. Now we have less staff, and people complain that they can't find staff. We haven't been getting reliable new members, so who are we supposed to promote?

I'm not complaining about BAD admins... I'm complaining about INACTIVE admins or admins that wont come save the population of the server in an hours time... TBH the comment someone said that you should ban me from the channel for trying to get someone's attention was really the lamest thing.

I'd rather not make people that have never played CS jailbreak moderator on CSGO.

Why not? At least for major things like massing and all that kind of stuff that's no different from TF2...

There's some people like myself that have years of experience in both divs...

So much arguing going on, how about we just put our trust in Bleed? I'm sure that Bleed of all people knows what he is doing, no reason to have these petty little arguments about something so stupid. The CS:GO servers are just getting more attention now it seems. Let it build itself back up.

What the hell are you talking about... "petty little arguments"??? How is this stupid?

I'm not complaining about BAD admins... I'm complaining about INACTIVE admins or admins that wont come save the population of the server in an hours time... TBH the comment someone said that you should ban me from the channel for trying to get someone's attention was really the lamest thing.

Why not? At least for major things like massing and all that kind of stuff that's no different from TF2...

There's some people like myself that have years of experience in both divs...

What the hell are you talking about... "petty little arguments"??? How is this stupid?

Maybe I used the wrong words here, but honestly to me it seems that you got mad again over something that wasn't even that big, and now it's changing to this big thing because people were busy doing other things. Tf2 staff get busy too doing things. And csgo does have way less staff, so maybe they do in fact need more, but isn't there a better way to approach this? It's just a lot of sass and uneeded negativity. Bleed is right here they don't have a lot of canidates , are they just supposed to promote people who could potentially be future problems? Wait until they get the people and are known, for now just let it be.

Plus if the reason there aren't mods for CSGO is that there's not enough people to choose from, make some of the TF2 staff...staff... so that there are at least people that can be called in to help when needed.

While this looks good on paper, you and I both know that rules and guidelines may differ heavily from Division to Division. Staff will most likely be unfamiliar with the rules set in place on a different Division (I know I would going from CS:GO to TF2) and it could result in potential cases of "abuse" that Players might call out when it's just a mistake.

The only exception which comes to mind that could make this work is if they were temporary Staff Members for CS:GO with minimal jurisdiction of only being able to punish blatant rule breakers such as those who mass freekill or freekill in general. But even then that's a risky move; simply because of placing a rank, so to speak, on a short leash.

Things will get worse before they get better, but I honestly feel like it hasn't deteriorated to the point that this sort of drastic action needs to be taken. The Staff roster will increase eventually, but just keep in mind that @Chrono and @Bleed (correct me if I'm wrong) prefer quality over quantity, as should most Higher-Ups.

Lets close this thread, promo demo is going up today and the issues brought up in this thread have been addressed. lets avoid a shitstorm and keep things to civil suggestions. were all friends here @Rhododendron @Bleed @Chrono

IMO when it comes to choosing staff, you want quality over quantity like forest said, i'd rather have 5 really good staff members that can be on when they can, as opposed to 25 really shitty staff that are always on. you need to project a positive image from the staff by having them be great people, yes while we may not always be on the servers we do also still do a lot of behind the scenes stuff. bleed for instance works on the servers whenever he has a chance via local server to test plugins that he creates from scratch/edits in major ways, but he is also in his first year of college and life is always first before xg/games. if he wants to play comp in that ~45-1:30 he has before bed time or before the meal hall opens for dinner, then by all means he should play comp especially if the server seems fine at the time.

myself I work long hours and have a very active life outside of xg, and I prefer to keep it that way, while i've made some great friends here that I can always talk to, I also have great friends in my real life that I actually see every day at work etc. all the while I spend my time taking care of the servers in ways besides policing them such as providing advice to other staff or members who have questions or concerns and browsing the forums, replying when i see a reply is necessary. while it may not seem like we do anything, you probably are only considering policing the servers to be doing something. and that in itself is your mistake

Alternatively... could you guys add vote kick, votemute, and vote ban to the server? That way the players can at least do something when something like mass fk happens instead of us having to sit through it until someone finally gets on or the server dies.... and please don't give me that whole it gets abused thing... if that happens people can report it and you can ban abusers

Maybe a votectban?

Heres the thing Matsi, today we made a huge step, we added two very active players to the mod roster, and we will continue to promote (hopefully as we have member growth) each promo demo week. We are constantly assesing the issue at hand. I feel that with the new additions, it will be rare to have time on the server now where NOBODY is available to help out with general policing. Make sure you check out the updated thread of our staff stickied here:

Updated Csgo Staff Roster 10/5/15

Those are the current staff members, if you dont have someone on that list add them and we will be willing to assist.

If I am on, dont hesitate to shoot me a message.

This is still a devoloping server, and suggestions are ENCOURAGED, and I am always 100% all ears when it comes to implementing things to benefit the server and the community. If you have any ideas, send em off to me.

As far as votekick / voteslay, unfortunately these will be MASS abused by the general public and will be more of a hindrance than anything else, especially people who waited in a queue for CT. It would be too hard to find a work around where mods/ admins would be immune to it.

Lastly, I say give it a week with our new staff additions, and if things still feel ajar then message me with your concerns. Id like to point out that we do have a stickied suggestion thread as well that is often unused. Ill be checking it often.

To prevent any further bickering I'm closing this thread, nothing personal to any party involed. Feel free to message me.

~Snackbar