Matsi

Need More Cs Staff

so... today I joined the CSGO JB server and played with the ~20 people on there... no staff at all.... the 30-45 minutes I stayed consisted of about 4 or 5 people spamming soundboards and freekilling all over the place. This of course after so much time without any staff joining and no access to any sort of votekick/voteban cause the server pop to die to about 5 people and I assume eventually 0, I left when it got done to 5 and STILL had the mass freekillers on CT...

I attempted to find every CSGO staff I could and asked them to come help with the server, out of the 3 people I found 2 ignored me and the third said he was in the middle of something....

I think xG needs to get rid of staff that aren't going to actively play on the servers or that refuse to come help during something as shitfesty as a bunch of mass freekilling that has gone on for half an hour... I get that you might be busy but shit... at least try to help or help find someone that can get on....

Also, I think we need to promote more people so that there's most oftenly staff on the CSGO server(s)

The only staff I can even think of that exist for the div are cristo, jubens, bleed, and megarobin?

You all complain that this clan is tf2 oriented but it doesnt seem like anyone is bothering to try and help the CSGO div be less shity.... there's some good people who have made mod apps for CSGO and it's like the DLs aren't replying or promoting anyone? The server has been up for a couple months and there haven't been any promo/demos for the div.... get your shit together please.... make CSGO good again....

@Bleed @Chrono @Rhododendron

Weve had a few legit submissions in the past two weeks that im sure will help the staff roster grow. The CS JB server is a work in progress and we are trying to address issues the best we can.

I expect a few new staff members within the next two Promo/Demos!

at least try to help or help find someone that can get on....

There is nobody. Bleed, chrono and penguin are MIA, only playing rocket league when they have time to ever get on. Except penguin. He's just straight up playing league/rocket league all day. When he's not at a waterpark, though.

I attempted to find every CSGO staff I could and asked them to come help with the server, out of the 3 people I found 2 ignored me and the third said he was in the middle of something....

When was this? last i remembered I did get on, otherwise I was inside of some game like the Insurgency tutorial or league one for all

The only staff I can even think of that exist for the div are cristo, jubens, bleed, and megarobin?

me, cristo (who is not on very often, tbh,) snackbar and lithium, not counting the DM+

just get more staff. the only ones we have all play the same games together, minus me. but I could also be off busy doing my own things.

p.s. RECORD! ITS NOT HARD

Matsi, you can have one or the other, but you can't have both.

At one time you're claiming that there are people who shouldn't be Staff, or who don't deserve it; and at another time you're claiming that there isn't enough Staff and that more should be recruited as soon as possible. It's a vicious cycle, because if you want immediate Staff, chances are CS:GO Higher-Ups will be scrambling for people that might be responsible enough for that sort of role (they don't have enough time to ássess these applicants, or haven't had the chance to) and then when that particular Staff Member doesn't do their job well, you'll call them out on it.

I get that you want to help out, but you're doing more damage than you think you are. Pressuring Staff into doing it isn't the right way to go, because as soon as you make a hobby a full-time job, people are less likely to enjoy doing it and are then less likely to show up, especially when they're doing it out of sheer.. Loyalty, for a lack of better words. With that said, I'm not saying they should neglect and shirk their duties in the slightest, just that you merely cut them some slack from time to time. Staff, I don't mean to demean y'all, but seriously, get your shiz together. You applied for the role because you wanted to better the Servers, so don't just shrug off a request for help. Busy (ássuming its with a game) or not, it literally takes you one or two minutes of your time to get on, issue a ban, and then leave. If you can't do just that, then why did you apply to be a Staff member in the first place.

More Staff is definitely a good suggestion, just keep in mind that they have to be ássessed properly for the "job" at hand and the Higher-Ups shouldn't just let anyone in because of their relations with others (it does happen regardless, which is unfortunate, but is a whole 'nother matter). You're one of the more sensible players who will actually capture evidence against rule breakers, so just keep doing that (seriously, good job) when Staff can't be on.

/end rant :coffee:

Hes not really wrong though forest, there really are only around 4 of us who actively staff the server. The other do mostly behind the scenes stuff. That said there ARE quite a few people who make great candidates for staff here and I feel as a few more would be a huge help

Staff, I don't mean to demean y'all, but seriously, get your shiz together. You applied for the role because you wanted to better the Servers, so don't just shrug off a request for help. Busy (ássuming its with a game) or not, it literally takes you one or two minutes of your time to get on, issue a ban, and then leave. If you can't do just that, then why did you apply to be a Staff member in the first place.

Pardon me but before today, if I were to simply start up CSGO and join a server with anything else besides teamspeak open, it would lag the living hell out of me. The game and my pc. Also, you've played league before, Forest. You know, unlike parents, that you cannot simply pause the multiplayer game to go eat dinner.

I never shrug off the requests, and do help when I have the time. Not so much randomly getting on, though. Can't use any excuse other than the hobby part. It really turns out to be a chore, unless I get on at my own time to moderate.

There are two types of players to me:

Ones who play and complain to staff about freekillers, whining "DID YOU NOT SEE THAT?!?!?!?," this is especially worse when they message you over and over on steam and I tell them when I'm busy to start recording. They do nothing. I don't remember Matsi ever recording and coming to me with it.

And ones who play, have powers to deal with rulebreakers but usually do not enjoy being on too much because of people constantly yelling at you. (look above)

-oh and i need to reinstall CSGO because new computer and all. riperoni in pepperonis

Also, you've played league before, Forest. You know, unlike parents, that you cannot simply pause the multiplayer game to go eat dinner.

I never shrug off the requests, and do help when I have the time. Not so much randomly getting on, though. Can't use any excuse other than the hobby part. It really turns out to be a chore, unless I get on at my own time to moderate.

Yeah, no, I'm aware of that dilemma. What I said really only applied to those who had the capability of doing so. For those who are running a terribad PC that can't run two separate games (IE. LoL and CS:GO) then they're obviously exempt. It was all just meant to be taken with a cup of tea, so to speak. If you (those in general) are able to, then it won't kill you to check it out real quick. It's only important that this happens sooner than later because of the short amount of Staff to answer the call. Obviously this won't happen as often in the future with more Staff members on hand, but in the mean time you sort of just have to make due.

For the record, I apologize if I came off as a judgemental wad with what I said; just wanted to get the point across that Staff should try to make an effort to answer a call or request as that is what they got the position for.

If you (those in general) are able to, then it won't kill you to check it out real quick. It's only important that this happens sooner than later because of the short amount of Staff to answer the call.

Oh, I know. I do as often as possible.

Matsi, you can have one or the other, but you can't have both.

At one time you're claiming that there are people who shouldn't be Staff, or who don't deserve it; and at another time you're claiming that there isn't enough Staff and that more should be recruited as soon as possible. It's a vicious cycle, because if you want immediate Staff, chances are CS:GO Higher-Ups will be scrambling for people that might be responsible enough for that sort of role (they don't have enough time to ássess these applicants, or haven't had the chance to) and then when that particular Staff Member doesn't do their job well, you'll call them out on it.

I get that you want to help out, but you're doing more damage than you think you are. Pressuring Staff into doing it isn't the right way to go, because as soon as you make a hobby a full-time job, people are less likely to enjoy doing it and are then less likely to show up, especially when they're doing it out of sheer.. Loyalty, for a lack of better words. With that said, I'm not saying they should neglect and shirk their duties in the slightest, just that you merely cut them some slack from time to time. Staff, I don't mean to demean y'all, but seriously, get your shiz together. You applied for the role because you wanted to better the Servers, so don't just shrug off a request for help. Busy (ássuming its with a game) or not, it literally takes you one or two minutes of your time to get on, issue a ban, and then leave. If you can't do just that, then why did you apply to be a Staff member in the first place.

More Staff is definitely a good suggestion, just keep in mind that they have to be ássessed properly for the "job" at hand and the Higher-Ups shouldn't just let anyone in because of their relations with others (it does happen regardless, which is unfortunate, but is a whole 'nother matter). You're one of the more sensible players who will actually capture evidence against rule breakers, so just keep doing that (seriously, good job) when Staff can't be on.

/end ran:coffee:t

You can certainly have it both ways.... I understand that there are times when a staff member can't come help instantly but I tried for almost an hour to get the same people to come help.... and as a result of noone coming, the server population died.... from ~20 players to 0

I also think that if the leadership of this division aren't even going to play in the division for over a month like... @Bleed then they should be demoted! I would get demoted if I just stopped playing TF2 for 2 weeks, bleed hasn't even launched the game since Sept 7 according to his profile.... that's just ONE example that I bothered to look up.

Then there's the fact that for the passed 4 promo/demos the only CSGO promotion has been Snackbar.... it looks to me like the csgo leaders aren't even bothered to play on the servers to see who would be a good staff.

These guys were able to keep global DM/DL powers for years without there EVEN BEING A SERVER.... now that bleed finally got a server up, they don't fucking play on it or anything... HELL my ban request got solved by a fucking moderator! find someone like snackbar to be the DL and get this div off its feet with someone who's actually going to play in it and shit.

Plus if the reason there aren't mods for CSGO is that there's not enough people to choose from, make some of the TF2 staff...staff... so that there are at least people that can be called in to help when needed.