Hey, what is up guys? It's ya boy, stiffy in a jiffy.

Alright, enough of that-

I was clearing out unused files from my desktop and found my collection of dusty hammer projects, finding this map as a result, something I've forgotten about these past few months considering I don't work with the program anymore.

Therefor, I ask:

Does anyone use/like this map anymore?

I believe around 2 months ago I had planned on releasing another beta build adding the Global Terminal and the Pokémon Daycare + addressing feedback, but as I said, I ended up forgetting about it.

I haven't been a part of the community for 2 years now; therefor, I used Giggle to search results on this map's relevancy with current servers, it seems to be nonexistent at this point.

If there is still some light in this map, I may push out the _b1d build in the near future; otherwise, it will (continue to?) recede into oblivion.

As for Enju City, that map was a big mistake in my opinion. Yes, I've read the critiques and criticisms about it - even if I addressed them, the map just doesn't feel right. I only made it as a paired reboot/replacement for pkmn_ecruteakcity_v4f, but shortly after releasing it, I realised it wasn't all that good (sounds familiar, no?).

** I understand if there is no desire for whatever shovesh-t I've made in hammer considering having mapmaking as a hobby is something I no longer really desire. Just thought I'd ask.

P.S.

Although I haven't expressed it as much as I should have, I am thankful to those who put up and dealt with my map shenanigans in the past as far as consultation and server maintenance goes. @kbraszzz @Rejects @Nomulous @Rhododendron @Bello @Scootaloo @Vector @Moosty @Shwoos @anyoneelseimayhaveforgottengivemesomeslackitsbeentwoyears.txt

Yeah the server is still populated and we were thinking of a conversion to CS:GO and making a trading server there based on this map so it can be alive on another game :)

Yeah the server is still populated and we were thinking of a conversion to CS:GO and making a trading server there based on this map so it can be alive on another game :)

Out of curiosity, which one?

The retro(Gen II) one or the new(Gen IV) one?

If its the former, it'd be a good idea to replace the displacements with generic brushes to cut down on polygons. One of the more foolish decisions I've ever made just so I would have an excuse to use the WorldVertexTransition shader for smoother edges with the paint-alpha tool.

Granted Mediafire didn't purge the download, the map pack posted in this thread contains the necessary source vmf files (I believe(?)) to make the necessary modifications to prep for a CS:GO map. If you do, go crazy. Maybe Nomulous can have that disco room he wanted, complete with a Bosnian sex toy.

Just occurred to me this thread was dormant for months. It would probably be best to lock it to prevent further grave digging. It served its purpose, I suppose.

Hey, what is up guys? It's ya boy, stiffy in a jiffy.

Alright, enough of that-

I was clearing out unused files from my desktop and found my collection of dusty hammer projects, finding this map as a result, something I've forgotten about these past few months considering I don't work with the program anymore.

Therefor, I ask:

Does anyone use/like this map anymore?

I believe around 2 months ago I had planned on releasing another beta build adding the Global Terminal and the Pokémon Daycare + addressing feedback, but as I said, I ended up forgetting about it.

I haven't been a part of the community for 2 years now; therefor, I used Giggle to search results on this map's relevancy with current servers, it seems to be nonexistent at this point.

If there is still some light in this map, I may push out the _b1d build in the near future; otherwise, it will (continue to?) recede into oblivion.

As for Enju City, that map was a big mistake in my opinion. Yes, I've read the critiques and criticisms about it - even if I addressed them, the map just doesn't feel right. I only made it as a paired reboot/replacement for pkmn_ecruteakcity_v4f, but shortly after releasing it, I realised it wasn't all that good (sounds familiar, no?).

** I understand if there is no desire for whatever shovesh-t I've made in hammer considering having mapmaking as a hobby is something I no longer really desire. Just thought I'd ask.

P.S.

Although I haven't expressed it as much as I should have, I am thankful to those who put up and dealt with my map shenanigans in the past as far as consultation and server maintenance goes. @kbraszzz @Rejects @Nomulous @Rhododendron @Bello @Scootaloo @Vector @Moosty @Shwoos @anyoneelseimayhaveforgottengivemesomeslackitsbeentwoyears.txt

and we are thankful for so much you have done. The fact xG knows a reliable map maker that can make maps that generate reaction and popularity is hard to come by. It also helps that the guy who makes them is awesome, regardless of whether or not it works out, it's still amazing you do this and just adds to your credentials. I hope to see you on the servers (if you are i'm sorry i hardly play cause i got other games to play but i'm trying to boost activity).

Out of curiosity, which one?

The retro(Gen II) one or the new(Gen IV) one?

If its the former, it'd be a good idea to replace the displacements with generic brushes to cut down on polygons. One of the more foolish decisions I've ever made just so I would have an excuse to use the WorldVertexTransition shader for smoother edges with the paint-alpha tool.

Granted Mediafire didn't purge the download, the map pack posted in this thread contains the necessary source vmf files (I believe(?)) to make the necessary modifications to prep for a CS:GO map. If you do, go crazy. Maybe Nomulous can have that disco room he wanted, complete with a Bosnian sex toy.

Just occurred to me this thread was dormant for months. It would probably be best to lock it to prevent further grave digging. It served its purpose, I suppose.

It's the latter.

-one month later-

trade_koganecity_b2.7z

(If that link doesn't work for whatever reason, here's one with a different structure to the same file: trade_koganecity_b2.7z)

What's new:

Interiors added for the Global Terminal & Daycare.

Some songs were reimplemented and reduced to cut back on redundancy and to decrease the size of the bsp file.

Some changes to the overworld aesthetic.

Once again, the source vmf has been provided should anyone want to edit/configure it to their expectations. Use GCFScape for extracting resources and Pakrat for packing new/modified resources.

Have fun?

Not sure if Valve killed TF2 or Overwatch. Why not both?

-one month later-

trade_koganecity_b2.7z

(If that link doesn't work for whatever reason, here's one with a different structure to the same file: trade_koganecity_b2.7z)

What's new:

Interiors added for the Global Terminal & Daycare.

Some songs were reimplemented and reduced to cut back on redundancy and to decrease the size of the bsp file.

Some changes to the overworld aesthetic.

Once again, the source vmf has been provided should anyone want to edit/configure it to their expectations. Use GCFScape for extracting resources and Pakrat for packing new/modified resources.

Have fun?

Not sure if Valve killed TF2 or Overwatch. Why not both?

ColdEndeavour nails it again. Come play on the servers bro, add my new account. You will always be welcomed. Thank you.

Steam Community :: [xG:M] Randy Moss

Come play on the servers bro, add my new account.

I was planning on coming back in early 2017, but as of this (technically yesterday) morning my computer sh*t the bed. I lost everything. 3 years of work - gone.

Worst part is that I was working on Veilstone City from Pokémon Diamond/Pearl - I only had to add the interiors. Would've been a great addition to the current maps in circulation.

I think I'll drink myself to sleep.

I was planning on coming back in early 2017, but as of this (technically yesterday) morning my computer sh*t the bed. I lost everything. 3 years of work - gone.

Worst part is that I was working on Veilstone City from Pokémon Diamond/Pearl - I only had to add the interiors. Would've been a great addition to the current maps in circulation.

Why wouldn’t you have a backup drive! D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc

Seriously though, the work you've done is more than amazing. It's really fucking impressing and I wanna thank you for your maps.

Shit happens man, hopefully you get your shit back together, just think about playing sometimes. You were a fun guy regardless of maps anyway.