Forest

Christmas Server(s)?

This kind of christmas server? Steam Workshop :: xmas_nipperhouse

Pretty much. Unless there are other Servers out there that demonstrate some holiday spirit. This is also assuming we have the Server space to do something like this. Also, would it be possible it introduce other plugins such as snowfall and even character models or somethin' for this (only during the time that this Server is up)?

If this does go ahead, I can mention it in an upcoming announcement from the Steam Group (which will consist of feedback and other new content people would like to see in the new year) + chip in some money toward prizes and the like for an event.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

NIPPPPPPPPPPPPPER HOUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Holy shit that map was fantastic on source, make it happen big papa lith, 24/7 nipper, I'll get the old fags to play it, billy,triff,ben,mad,king,ege,bees,etc.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Its already a thing actually- wed just have to open up the server to you guys.

Totally up to you Higher-Ups. As previously mentioned, if it is made open for the next couple of weeks, I'll look into hosting a festive event with randomly distributed prizes throughout a certain day (or days, but limited prizes for each day).

I'm thinking a sort of event that would be in the following format:

"14 Days of Festivities"

One prize (or 5 prizes, 4 of which being low-price while the 5th is the "jackpot") will be distributed daily at random during the duration of this event. Prizes can vary heavily from credits on the forums, Riot Points, or other redeemable game currency. Prizes will also include CS:GO specific skins/crates with varying rarities. Winners can choose to receive any monetary prizes through PayPal to be spent on anything they desire should they choose to do so.

This would occur during a set time window (possibly two to three hours) each day to allow an easier time to moderate and determine winners.

Mind you I would need the help and co-ordination from CS:GO Higher-Ups as it wouldn't be possible for me to be on every day. I'll also need help with providing prizes to distribute, otherwise this may cost me quite a bit.

Edited by Forest (see edit history)

That all being said, this is all short notice and as such can be bumped to next year if needbe. I just think that XenoGamers should get back into the habit of hosting these seasonal festivities yearly to promote more activity in the community.

Would really like the opinion or support of the CS:GO Division to determine whether this can be achieved this season. Better sooner than later so that I can broadcast an announcement via Steam Group to stir the pot and gain more notice for this event.

Alright so, since the Xmas Server is now up and running, I can proceed to phase 2 of the xgmas event, namely the week (or so) of daily prizes and general fun:

"7 Days of xGmas"

5 [random] prizes, 4 of which will be moderately priced while the 5th is the 'jackpot', will be distributed daily through Holiday Trivia during the duration of this event. Prizes will include CS:GO specific skins/crates with varying rarities.

Now, in order for this event to succeed it'll require two major things:

1. Staff Members who can monitor the Server during the "Giveathon" hours of this event. For easier moderating, I think it would be best to have a window of around 3 hours during each day when the event's giveaway prizes will be awarded (one prize every 30 minutes) . The time for these 'Giveathon' hours are still being considered, I'll need feedback from Members of the community for this. If I'm not around, the Staff will also need to take down Steam IDs of the players who won. It would be easier for Staff to co-ordinate this as I do not have the ability to use Admin (all) Chat.

2. People who can donate prizes toward this event. They don't have to be anything substantial as the prizes will include 4 mediocre skins and 1 good skin (probably worth 2-3$). Reason I ask for support is that there will be a total of 35 prizes given away and that could be a big hole in my pocket. The only rule is that there cannot be any duplicate skins given away. That being said, if at all possible, keep the condition of the skins to at least field-tested/minimal wear.

Any and all support is greatly appreciated as this is a pretty big event to hold, especially given that I am just a Member and don't hold much power or rank in the Server. I'll post again (or just post a new thread for less clutter) with more details later if enough volunteers have been found. @Snackbar @Chrono @Lithium @Duke @PlaysWithSquirrels @OtherCS:GOPeople

If this cannot be done this year, it will be planned for next year, but mark my words: at one point or another, there's going to be an xGmas event.

*Note: This is a reminder that this is to promote XenoGamers by having a good time, so with that in mind Staff Members who volunteer to help in this event will not be allowed to answer the trivia questions for prizes.

Edited by Forest (see edit history)

especially given that I am just a Member and don't hold much power or rank in the Server.

*insert obligatory "shutup forest u r co-leader furever !!11" comment here*

i still don't get the joke behind that

@Bleed @Chrono @Snackbar @Lithium Hey guys, just wanted to thank you for temporarily giving me access to general Moderator commands on CS:GO for the duration of the xGmas event.

It was great to see a large chunk of players to support it, though I am a little disheartened that I did not have the time to check daily for giving out prizes and the like. Hopefully next year this will be a much bigger event with a larger assortment of prizes. That all being said, I'm requesting that you remove my powers as they are no longer necessary.

I'd also like to mention that I will be distributing the prizes to the winners of the Holiday Trivia some time this week (hopefully) so don't worry, you lucky group of winners have not been forgotten.