Charles

Inactive Staff

This thread is about all of the active moderators on our Counter-Strike division. Some of them haven't been active for weeks/months. And those who have come on in the past month, have been on once or twice for about 15-30~ mins.

@roflmao61 - He has been quite inactive as of recent. At the beginning of the year, it seemed to be fine. But as of recent months (February/March) he has been quite inactive. Here is a thread of him abusing. Rofllmao61 - Counter-strike

GameME: Xeno Gamers - Player Sessions History

ai.imgur.com_acS7Sxu.thumb.png.5a7a69f6db264e11dafe7983c2609c30.png

@SoloMofo - He was transferred over from CSS (I think) and played for acouple of months. But his activity has to be the worst of them all. Having not been on for nearly a month is atrocious.

GameMe: Xeno Gamers - Player Sessions History

ai.imgur.com_BBjd3N6.thumb.png.a29bd5f96380abfb9eba39ff21ee5e3d.png

@SyrJirk - This old-xG moderator was quite active when he first got promoted. But since 2016 it appears he has died down in activity.

ai.imgur.com_TMSviAa.png.9a4a7c08fd07bbf80ccc64fecfde94bf.png

@Snackbar - As far as activity is concerned, he's not the worst. But as a DL that doesn't do anything involving server-side upgrades/fixes, there's no reason for him to be a DL. Moderating the servers/forums is all he really does. And he's not nearly as active as he should be for that job. I don't completely understand why he got DL in the first place, I get that he helped with getting the server back up on its feet. But he really hasn't done anything useful towards it recently (2016).

ai.imgur.com_HqYYSXU.png.aca1ff458d2e418127ea2bd4f6b6452f.png

@Hidingmaster @Scootaloo @kbraszzz @Nomulous @Rhododendron

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

yea, I've made this argument myself. staff are only on there if they need to be asked to come because a problem is already happening. A moderators job is to moderate obviously right? You cant exactly moderate something if you're never there. they shouldnt have to be asked because a problem happened, they should be there to PREVENT the problem from happening in the first place. that is their job.....

It bothers me, because I do actually play kind of a lot.. its chaotic when there are no staff on (which is always. maybe an hour a day there's staff)

3/16/2016 35 23345 1,637 0d 01:51h 45 23346

03/15/2016 204 23345 1,594 0d 09:59h 154 23347

03/14/2016 165 23345 1,372 0d 06:25h 111 23348

03/13/2016 181 23345 1,185 0d 05:37h 116 23349

when I'm on that much, and there are no mods to stop people from being stupid, its annoying. I wish they were there so they could actually do something.. players wouldnt need to present evidence if the staff actually observed what was going on in their own server............

Well, I mean...

If your servers aren't ever hurting, and never really need any sort of maintenance or work, doesn't that show that Snackbar is very efficient at his job, and not the opposite?

DLs responsibilities aren't exactly tethered to activity on servers. If the server is running without a hitch, that only shows competence. I would understand the complaints if there were jobs requiring a DL that aren't getting done, but I've heard no such complaint from CS:GO about it. >.>

(I don't want to sound like a dick here, and if I did, I apologize.)

Well, I mean...

If your servers aren't ever hurting, and never really need any sort of maintenance or work, doesn't that show that Snackbar is very efficient at his job, and not the opposite?

DLs responsibilities aren't exactly tethered to activity on servers. If the server is running without a hitch, that only shows competence. I would understand the complaints if there were jobs requiring a DL that aren't getting done, but I've heard no such complaint from CS:GO about it. >.>

(I don't want to sound like a dirk here, and if I did, I apologize.)

No, that shows that the other DLs and staff members are. Theres no reason for h ok m to be in that position. And I do understand what youre saying. Bleed and lithium handle all of the seever shit, and Snackbar is just kind of there. The only thing he should be able to do is moderate the servers as a DL. He's also abused before Ive heard.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I'm there when i'm either called on or when i'm bored and just want to have fun. If i'm busy I try to get another mod on if not RIP server. If anything i would try to stay on as long as possible before my dad kicks me off. C:

This is unfortunate but I feel we need new staff members to help with CS:GO, and I really hope some members who are active in these servers step up so we can promote them :)

I'll try to be more active in JB as well.

Thats not necessarily the point im trying to get across. I think that more mods would be good, but demoting all the inactive staff should take priority.

Well, if the CS:GO Higher-Ups wanted to (and I mean really wanted to) they could look into setting up a schedule/timetable for Staff. Now, I know that this already sounds like a terrible idea since this isn't exactly a job and no one's being paid for it, but hear me out:

This obviously wouldn't be some mandatory timetable like you would see for work. It would merely be a schedule to refer to that highlights the hours in which Staff activity is at its lowest or its highest. After the schedule itself has been established, then Staff can determine the problem areas (or in this case, problem hours) where Staff activity is most needed. Simply put, check with all CS:GO Staff and determine what days/hours they [roughly] can regularly hop on Servers and compile it into a nice schedule or something.

At this point, it's just a matter of a capable Staff member to take up the torch at that time to do some moderating during their own time for that particular period. The only times in which this wouldn't really apply would be during downtime (Server activity) or late at night.

i like how the most inactive staff member(me) isnt mentioned, but when i get back, i forgot a part cause i wasnt thinking, the server will be watched by me more then most other staff like it was before my laptop crapped out. also getting more active staff takes higher priority over demoting inactive staff, better to make sure server is being taken care of before worrying about the staff that isnt active and they should be talked to before demoting give them a chance to become active again. But i like @Forest idea.

i like how the most inactive staff member(me) isnt mentioned, but when i get back, i forgot a part cause i wasnt thinking, the server will be watched by me more then most other staff like it was before my laptop crapped out. also getting more active staff takes higher priority over demoting inactive staff, better to make sure server is being taken care of before worrying about the staff that isnt active and they should be talked to before demoting give them a chance to become active again. But i like @Forest idea.

Reason I'd like to demo the inactive ones is so we can keep our current number of mods. We don't need more than what we have, I'd imagine.

Yeah but you're inactive for a reason, others still get on csgo and stuff like that and just avoid going on xG servers. It's one thing of you HAVE to be inactive, but it's another thing if you CHOOSE to be inactive.

For the record im in the middle of a major job switch as well as a major move. Higher ups were informed that my activity will resume after the first.

Also, I got the job because I busted my fucking ass getting this place up and in good running shape when the csgo division came back to life in august. I did TONS of work getting it to the point where it runs itself pretty smoothly.

Im never far, if anything needs done all you need to do is steam message me.