Counter-Strike

In-Game Name:

BullseyeX

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:49080993

Ban Type:

Team Ban

Information:

I got warden i told T's to take one step out face the back THEN guncheck freeze i then got CT banned forever even tho i have seen many admins/mods who have done the same and have told me aswell. and if you see saying look at the back of cell and also saying THEN guncheck wich is look away from cell unless specified it should mean look at the back THEN look away from cell. plz take in consideration my situation

Division:

Counter-Strike

In-Game Name:

BullseyeX

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:49080993

Ban Type:

Team Ban

Information:

I got warden i told T's to take one step out face the back THEN guncheck freeze i then got CT banned forever even tho i have seen many admins/mods who have done the same and have told me aswell. and if you see saying look at the back of cell and also saying THEN guncheck wich is look away from cell unless specified it should mean look at the back THEN look away from cell. plz take in consideration my situation

While the ruling for "Guncheck Freeze" is that you are to be facing away, this does not over-rule the fact that you told Ts to face cells beforehand. Unless you specified a direction before the initial order, the Ts are to face the direction you gave.

To clarify, if Ts are given a Guncheck Freeze order, then they are to be facing away from cells unless a direction was specified; in which case they are to be facing the direction that was specified (in this case, facing cells).

The reason we don't allow this sort of thing is because it would be considered tarping (giving an order that contradicts itself) which is only to be done after 3 minutes have passed. That being said, seeing as this was an accidental case of misunderstanding the rules, I think the Higher-Ups should consider a shortened ban from permanent and that the rule be updated with the whole "unless a direction has been specified" since this isn't the first occurrence of this.

While the ruling for "Guncheck Freeze" is that you are to be facing away, this does not over-rule the fact that you told Ts to face cells beforehand. Unless you specified a direction before the initial order, the Ts are to face the direction you gave.

To clarify, if Ts are given a Guncheck Freeze order, then they are to be facing away from cells unless a direction was specified; in which case they are to be facing the direction that was specified (in this case, facing cells).

The reason we don't allow this sort of thing is because it would be considered tarping (giving an order that contradicts itself) which is only to be done after 3 minutes have passed. That being said, seeing as this was an accidental case of misunderstanding the rules, I think the Higher-Ups should consider a shortened ban from permanent and that the rule be updated with the whole "unless a direction has been specified" since this isn't the first occurrence of this.

If I may though I said then which in "normal" english mean stop and do this thing now, but I understand what you'r saying and i'm just wondering why I was'nt given more info on this , like it said nothing of that in the rules and I also was'nt informed before I was banned but thanks

From Jailbreak Rules, last updated Wednesday at 12:18 AM. This doesn't necessarily mean that this was the revision that was made Wednesday.

• Gun Check Freeze - This is an AFK freeze performed directly outside your cell, facing away from your cell (unless another direction is specified).

It definitely says unless another direction is specified.

Like I've said before, I'm fine with accidental masses being a week ban. Unless anyone else says otherwise, I'm going to change it to a week tomorrow.

@Chrono @Lithium @Snackbar

From Jailbreak Rules, last updated Wednesday at 12:18 AM. This doesn't necessarily mean that this was the revision that was made Wednesday.

It definitely says unless another direction is specified.

Like I've said before, I'm fine with accidental masses being a week ban. Unless anyone else says otherwise, I'm going to change it to a week tomorrow.

@Chrono @Lithium @Snackbar

Im looking at the guide rules tho so idk where you got those from

If I may though I said then which in "normal" english mean stop and do this thing now, but I understand what you'r saying and i'm just wondering why I was'nt given more info on this , like it said nothing of that in the rules and I also was'nt informed before I was banned but thanks

It's more of 'do this action followed by this action', but in this instance if it's included in the sentence like "Face cells and then Gun Check freeze" it'll be treated the same as "Face cells and Gun Check freeze".

It's also a very recent edit in regards to the whole "unless a direction is specified" rule, however the CS:GO Jailbreak rules are loosely based off of the late-CS:S Jailbreak rules in which a Gun Check freeze was written in the same particular way that it is now.

That being said, I don't know how familiar the offending user is with the rules, but I feel that given that because the Guncheck rule was a little vague and has recently been edited to reflect the legitimate ruling, it does seem a little unfair to be punishing for up to a week. Though that's just my opinion.

I always face my cell then turn around and never been killed... as opposed to saying "gun check freeze facing your cells" which would mean to face cells afk... I too have seen a lot of people do this very thing... I should face my cell then even when they say it like he did?