Division:

Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

Gsquared300

Steam ID:

Ban Type:

Server Ban

Information:

The admin who banned me (whose Steam name is Nutty, if I remember correctly) claims that I used an Aimbot, even though he provides no evidence to that claim. I have never used an aimbot in my years of playing TF2 and I remember constantly missing the people I was shooting at before I got banned.

You were banned on October 8, 2016. Here is the ban for anyone who is curious: Xeno Gamers

@mrnutty12 is the one who banned you.

claims that I used an Aimbot, even though he provides no evidence to that claim

What is he going to do, just ask you if you're using an aimbot? No, he won't. Nutty seemed to go off of his judgement.

He will respond with his reasoning soon.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Hmm, I don't just ban people for no reason, especially when it comes to aimbots. However, I don't keep a video log of literally everyone I ban (lord knows how much memory that would take) so it is hard to produce video evidence, but I am usually pretty darn sure people are not playing legit when I ban them for aimbot.

Now, before I ban someone I look for common tropes of aimbots, and I watch until I witness something that would be most telling that the player has something fishy going on. So if I did ban you for it I must have seen something quite obvious to myself as illegitimate playing, however I don't have the demo files on hand to re-verify so my vote remains neutral on unbanning.

EDIT: Seems like I need to take an ol' trip down to the admin handbook...

Edited by mrnutty12 (see edit history)

Xeno Gamers[/url]

@mrnutty12 is the one who banned you.

What is he going to do, just ask you if you're using an aimbot? No, he won't. Nutty seemed to go off of his judgement.

He will respond with his reasoning soon.

Hmm, I don't just ban people for no reason, especially when it comes to aimbots. However, I don't keep a video log of literally everyone I ban (lord knows how much memory that would take) so it is hard to produce video evidence, but I am usually pretty darn sure people are not playing legit when I ban them for aimbot.

Now, before I ban someone I look for common tropes of aimbots, and I watch until I witness something that would be most telling that the player has something fishy going on. So if I did ban you for it I must have seen something quite obvious to myself as illegitimate playing, however I don't have the demo files on hand to re-verify so my vote remains neutral on unbanning.

Cheating and Hacking

You can only ban a hacker if evidence (demos, screenshots of malicious activity, etc) is included and substantiated AND two other admins agree with you. If the evidence is substantiated and the two admins agree, it is a PERMANENT ban. Anything above or below is breaking the rules.

Just throwing this out there since it's becoming increasingly common for Staff to ban players for hacks without any evidence toward it (both in CS:GO and TF2). Not sure if this is due to a lack of knowledge (in regards to the Admin Handbook) or failure to uphold the proper guidelines when dealing with bans of any sort.

Not calling the Staff Member in question out or anything so much as I am making it aware that unless there was some change or alteration to how Staff should be carrying out bans, things have been slipping quite a bit. Mind you, this is all from the perspective of a Member, and as such if there were changes then I apologize in advance.

Nutty failed to take a demo (not calling him out or anything, but he did).

There's no evidence against @Gsquared300 and his account looks pretty legit as well from what I could gather.

I'd say unban him.

I made an oops. Sorry about that, but yeah I think it would be fair to unban him as well considering we don't have anything in terms of vids/demos (sorry 'bout that again).