Forest

Admin What-now?

Personally I see pros and cons to both, if the originally ban is not a severe enough punishment that deserves a perm, I don't think ban evasion deserves a perm in response to it. Maybe a slightly longer ban but as of now I think just giving him an equal punishment on the alt is punishment enough as perm is a little excessive.

Right, things like if they were spawn killing, micspamming, or just minor things... yeah, that definitely wouldn’t get them banned, but more heavy rule-breakings yeah.

Trolling, advertising probably would be extended, But things like harassing and hacking, those probably would(should) get a perm if evaded.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Right, things like if they were spawn killing yeah, that definitely wouldn’t get them banned, but yeah big(ger) things.

Trolling, advertising probably would be extended, But things like harassing and hacking, those probably would(should) get a perm if evaded.

Well hacking and advertising are already perms as far as we did things, trolling and harrassing would have to be case by case basis. Regardless, I'll try to go through the rules and see what I can work out that makes sense for everyone

Well hacking and advertising are already perms as far as we did things

Yeah, I was debating on putting that in my response, so I just put it... :derp:

trolling and harrassing would have to be case by case basis

By harassing, I meant like the higher level of harassing not like teasing or calling someone a fig or something like that. More on lines of sexually harassing or like extreme cases of bullying....(we had a really persistent person in a situation regarding harrasmant of the sort.... was not fun ).

Im not trying to correct you or anything, I fully agree with what you said... I just am trying to clear up what I meant. I didn’t explain well on my first response.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

If you get arrested, and get put in for say 5 years... You “break out” and they get you, your not gonna just be in jail for 5 years after breaking out. Its gonna be a hell of a lot longer.

Yes, thats real life and this is a online gaming community, but still evading a punishment shouldn’t just keep the same duration, in my opinion perm is totally fair for evading. You are evading a punishment, just giving the same duration doesn't do any good as they already broke a rule to not evade, thus the punishment should be extended sternly.

I don't understand why you think I'm against the idea of perming ban evaders, I just said I was permanent banned when that's not even anywhere in the rules

I think making universal rules for all our servers for all the possible scenarios would be unneccesary. I think just having general rules to base things off of would be enough, and the Admin Handbook could get simplified alongside our general rules in our guides already written.

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting that an indepth look into each and every scenario be written out, more-so of the latter of which you proposed. That is, the major offenses that typically occur across all Divisions like Freekilling, Mass Freekilling, Mic Spam, Chat Spam, Hacking, etc; literally just the handful of punishments that are already covered in the Admin Handbook.

Either way, it's entirely up to the Staff and Higher-Ups. I just figured that having a basic set of universal rules that carry over across all Divisions would be easier on Staff (IE. revisioned Admin Handbook), especially if someone wanted to transition from a Staff position in say, CS:GO to TF2. Frankly I'm just glad to see that the whole thing is being discussed because I won't lie, seeing outdated Stickied threads really irks me when it comes to rules/guidelines/etc because it certainly doesn't make it easy on new Staff when they're looking for something to refer to.

Though, on the topic of Admin-related things, I still think that Staff should specify their reasons when dealing mass freekill bans for clarification. It can really help out down the line if someone is protesting a Ban Protest where instead of the ban saying "mass freekill" it said something like "intentional mass freekill" or "accidental mass freekill" (or alternatively; "int mfk" / "acc mfk"). Again, just a suggestion to make your guys' lives easier when vouching for/against a Ban Protest.