Skeletal

Rule Suggestion

I understand why sniping from spawn is a rule on surf, but why is it just snipers? Any class can kill from spawn, why does staff immediately take action when it's a sniper, but when it's any other class, when it happens, it goes generally untreated? For example, in snow arena, there was a Tomislav heavy shooting from spawn and nothing was done about it, i mean he didnt get a kill, but he still did damage. The person doing it has the same intention of killing from spawn. I think you should take action when anyone is trying to kill from spawn, not just snipers. It's not fair towards snipers and people who get shot while trying to surf on arena maps. I think you should take action or make it a rule that nobody can shoot from spawn when anyone is trying to kill from spawn, not just snipers.

@Bello @Egossi @BlankuChan @mrnutty12 @Rejects @Aegean @Rhododendron @TheSupremePatriot @Vacindak

I understand why sniping from spawn is a rule on surf, but why is it just snipers? Any class can kill from spawn, why does staff immediately take action when it's a sniper, but when it's any other class, when it happens, it goes generally untreated? For example, in snow arena, there was a Tomislav heavy shooting from spawn and nothing was done about it, i mean he didnt get a kill, but he still did damage. The person doing it has the same intention of killing from spawn. I think you should take action when anyone is trying to kill from spawn, not just snipers. It's not fair towards snipers and people who get shot while trying to surf on arena maps. I think you should take action or make it a rule that nobody can shoot from spawn when anyone is trying to kill from spawn, not just snipers.

@Bello @Egossi @BlankuChan @mrnutty12 @Rejects @Aegean @Rhododendron @TheSupremePatriot @Vacindak

We enforce it for every class. Sniping is just dominant.

Just wanna put this here, I told Skeletal to tag the higher ups, so if that wasn't a good idea blame me not him. He just wanted to put his opinion out there.

I believe we discriminate against snipers specifically here is because they benefit the most from spawn sniping due to their lack of damage falloff which every other class has to deal with. They also are very vulnerable while sniping because tunnel vision, so the no spawnkilling rule helps them out because nobody can shoot them back. I would be cool with including every class in the rules, I just thought I would try to explain why snipers in particular are so commonly seen doing this.

Snipers are just easier to notice.

The staff have to watch over quite a lot of people so if the staff don’t see something and you saw it and want to report it; thats when you take a replay or demo and show a staff member so action can be taken.

+1 to no attacking from spawn

Edited by Guest (see edit history)