james8470

Hub Shop Icons

Hello xG!

I noticed earlier that the Hub doesn't have any shop icons.

I might be able to design some icons for each item, but first I'd like to ask permission to do so.

I think visual images representing the item someone wishes to buy makes them feel 200% better about purchasing it, it feels more like a real peak you're getting.

I've actually done something similar a few years back when I made my Minecraft server.

[spoiler=Link]http://time4events.enjin.com/shop

So, those kind of icons are what I'm talking about.

However, I might not even be the best person for the job.

I don't have much experience in digital design, and while I'm sure I could make something, maybe there are others out there who would be interested in this project?

Therefore, I'm just tossing the idea out there for now.

Maybe someone's even already working on it?

Here's a quick draft I whipped up to show what I envision in my mind:

Some things to note:

- This would be resized to 192x192 to match the current "?" icons

- This would be polished and look a lot cleaner in the final version

- I guess this would be for the "Bump Post" item, the one costing 100 credits :confused:

[spoiler=Image]ai.gyazo.com_14522a488b7971aefb50b11c2862458f.png.1f72cc1daaa087fd6ceb203b0cac0561.png

It would be great if you do make them, if we do like them I'm more than happy to pay you for your time :) Feel free to start a convo with me if you have any questions or want feedback

I wouldn't mind taking a whack at it with the program I use to make the trailers and such. I have the fonts needed and already have a icon pack downloaded.

Will look into it tommorow as well :)

It would be great if you do make them, if we do like them I'm more than happy to pay you for your time :) Feel free to start a convo with me if you have any questions or want feedback

Aegean, I'm sorry, I didn't have time like I thought I would to converse with you like I said I would.

I'm really not a great computer designer, and it's not something I would like to be paid for anyways, I just wanted this to be a fun community project to improve xG.

I wouldn't mind taking a whack at it with the program I use to make the trailers and such. I have the fonts needed and already have a icon pack downloaded.

Will look into it tommorow as well :)

Patriot, it would be great if you took a stab at this.

I'd be willing to help as well if I could, I have time, just not experience. :unsure: :S

So, like I said at the beginning of the thread,

this is just an idea, an idea that's open to everyone!

best of luck if anyone is interested in continuing this!

Alright, here are the Hub Category Icons

Still working on more :p

[ATTACH]28308[/ATTACH]

*I am aware the server shop icon background color doesn’t match, I will fix it.

@Rhododendron @Aegean @james8470

Thank you so much for this, Patriot!

I thought this idea would go straight to the graveyard, but you actually did it!

Just wondering, which program did you use to design them?

Thank you so much for this, Patriot!

I thought this idea would go straight to the graveyard, but you actually did it!

Just wondering, which program did you use to design them?

^_^

The icons I didn't create however, I added some effects to make them pop. I used Keynote.

I'm not an artist so custom icons may not be my thing, I will of course give it a shot eventually but for now, whatever icons that looks fancy :3

More to come soon ;)