Amymaniac

[deathrun Staff Psa] Dr_dungeon_beta Map Exploit.

hey guys this is just a quick note for staff to know if you are moderating deathrun.

The map dr_dungeon_beta is a fantastic map, no doubt about that and I don't want to see it removed and neither does anyone else. But there is a map exploit which allows players to bypass 2 traps without giving the death a chance to kill them. I don't believe this is intended from the map designer and therefore players should not be doing this.

The exploit occurs in the area outside after the lift down. To do the exploit players much crouch jump onto the wall and if done correctly they will be on an invisible ledge which allows the players to run through the entire outside zone of the map without risk of traps. This is undoubtedly unfair to the death and the players playing fairly that players are able to do this bypass.

Now I'm not going to support the map being removed as its such a great map and everyone enjoys it, however I am putting out this message for our staff to take note of and to be wary during this part of the map for any players attempting the exploit and to punish them accordingly.

we shouldn't let one or two bad apples spoil the bunch.

here is a screenshot showing the area and the exploit.

ai.imgur.com_uQYHvQh.thumb.jpg.752a4d2994537a4a755db007a36a1f3d.jpg

Well amy the staff knows this and the only thing that we can do it just tell to not do it. :| (When there is no mod on the server) This is a map glitch and the map won't update for a long time. So ya.

Thanks for reporting it, but...

Wouldn't it have been better to PM staff with this? I mean, now we all know how to do it even if many knew how to before anyways.

I personally wouldn't be too concerned about people who frequent the site suddenly learning this and attempting to exploit it themselves now as, well, that'd be incredibly stupid. I'm pretty sure most people here a smart enough to not go and exploit a map simply because they know how now.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a more general consensus on this though. It's kinda obviously exploiting and thus shouldn't be allowed from what I see, but I've seen this actually called both ways by different staff before.

@Vexx already told me this wasnt allowed a long time ago so it would be nice if it was in the motd. @mrnutty12 @Sesh

tbh I just would put this under the part that says don't break the map part already in the rules.

Though further down on the DR rules guide under the general rules there is a specific don't exploit rule already so...

Edited by Guest (see edit history)