TippedOver

Going away for a long time....

No clue, i was playing tf2 and BOOM, tf2 crashed and i was locked out of my account, the weird part is how the hell did he get in when i got the steam mobile authenticator app

Its not possible at all, it must be someone you know that has access to your phone in the past. Or if you got rid of a phone previously that had that authenticator, then that could be an issue.

Man, that fucking sucks. :/

You would think that but no, i never let go of my phone and i don't ever lend it to people.

Woah, wonder how he got in your account then?

Maybe someone jacked your phone for a couple minutes at work or something then put it back once they used to mobile auth to log in as you? That's the only thing I can think of.

It is literally impossible for them to login unless they stole your sim card/number and somehow got your password and steam name along with that, it is very much likely that someone you know irl stole your account by accessing your phone and watching you type your account details in

I have never heard of a case where a hacker could actually both steal the account name, password AND the authenticator code all at the same time, and frankly i dont believe its possible, my advice is for you to be very cautious of your surroundings when typing in your password

Edited by Egossi (see edit history)

Steam mobile authenticator is only unique to yourself since it contains a recovery code which is used to recover hacked accounts or have the power to lock it easily. The only possible way they can hack you is having no steam authenticator, not changing your password every few months or so, and also a change of email address. I suggest find that recovery code if you have it if not, you're shit out of luck unless you do however have some kind of billing, credit card, paypal that was used in steam which shows steam that you are the rightful owner of the account. Steam support usually get back in a few days if not weeks depending on how the volume of tickets they receive.

Edited by PiNoYPsYcHo (see edit history)

Steam mobile authenticator is only unique to yourself since it contains a recovery code which is used to recover hacked accounts or have the power to lock it easily. The only possible way they can hack you is having no steam authenticator, not changing your password every few months or so, and also a change of email address. I suggest find that recovery code if you have it if not, you're fudge out of luck unless you do however have some kind of billing, credit card, paypal that was used in steam which shows steam that you are the rightful owner of the account. Steam support usually get back in a few days if not weeks depending on how the volume of tickets they receive.

Would a receipt of a steam wallet fund fall into the category?

When I transferred my data from my old phone to new phone; it kept all the settings; authenticator was still enabled even though it was a new phone.

If you got rid of that phone and one of your friends some how got ahold of it, thats the only logical explination.

Be careful what you do on the internet my dude.

Would a receipt of a steam wallet fund fall into the category?

Yes as long as you have proof you added that steam funds. If it was a gift of some sort and no actual proof you bought the funds, then it doesn't fall into that category.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)