Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

[xG] jerseydevil(dead)

Identity:

STEAM_0:0:143607166

Ban Type:

Server Ban

Information:

i was randomly banned when i was playing for no reason i wasnt warned or anything, i reported a hacker maybe the admin though it was a troll report but idk.

His previous bans. It seems @Tekage banned you for a day for calladmin abuse.

The blurb on calladmin abuse from the staff guide.

HOW TO MAKE A PROPER PUNISHMENT

Warn, then slay/mute (sometimes optional), then kick, then ban [WSKB]

When you get to the point where you have to ban them, make sure to use your common sense for how long the ban should last. Don't permanently ban a guy for mic spamming. Mute him and if he continues ban him for a few hours. However, using the WSKB approach isn't always required.

For certain situations you can instantly ban for situations like:

• Abusing !calladmin (A day ban)

• Majorly intending to troll the entire server (A day ban)

• Hacking (Permanent)

• Mass freekilling (Permanent CT ban)

• Mass freekilling then leaving the game (Permanent)

Important: Following protocol for punishments are important (Standard: Warn > Mute/Gag > Kick > Ban)! You should follow these steps as it is the best way to handle issues. However there is times that you can skip a few steps. For example: If a player is breaking multiple rules (ex: exploting and spamming), then you are able to jump to kicking the player from the server. If the user returns to the server and resumes doing what he was doing to get kicked for, then you should follow up with a ban.

If you were not using the calladmin plugin for its intended purpose I think a day ban was justified.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I was called onto the server due to a different calladmin command, regarding a spamming issue. This was sorted out and I began to play on the server as per usual, until I saw Jerseydevil use the calladmin command to report @Valyrihme for Aimbot. I am aware that this was a joke and it did not go through the calladmin bot due to a staff member already being on the server. However, I consulted with @mrnutty12 regarding the issue and came to the conclusion that we should follow protocol and do the standard day ban for using the calladmin command for no reason. I understand that this was all just a joke, but unfortunately, this is the conclusion we came to.

I was called onto the server due to a different calladmin command, regarding a spamming issue. This was sorted out and I began to play on the server as per usual, until I saw Jerseydevil use the calladmin command to report @Valyrihme for Aimbot. I am aware that this was a joke and it did not go through the calladmin bot due to a staff member already being on the server. However, I consulted with @mrnutty12 regarding the issue and came to the conclusion that we should follow protocol and do the standard day ban for using the calladmin command for no reason. I understand that this was all just a joke, but unfortunately, this is the conclusion we came to.

Furthermore, a warning was issued before consulting about the ban and @Valyrihme is an extremely active member of Pokemon Trade and you being a regular and a member would imply that this is a joke and abuse of the calladmin command. However, in the chance that this is not the case, I sincerely apologize.

it was not a joke

it was not a joke

You are not to use the calladmin or voteban commands whilst a staff member is in the server.

If a staff member is on the server and you believe someone is breaking the rules, please use @ [message] to contact them (the staff member) privately.

Honestly, users should always type !staff before calling an admin to prevent this. We should make a note of that in the MOTD.

This is the most effective way and is not seen as abuse.

@Tekage what made you believe the report was a joke though? Sure, people who are familiar with each other do pretend to use the plugin as such but an actual report is practically never filled, as to avoid this exact situation.

Looking through chat, it would seem no one was implying such unless it was done over mic. Which, correct me if I am wrong, Jerseydevil either does not have or does not use.

If a staff member is on the server and you believe someone is breaking the rules, please use @ [message] to contact them (the staff member) privately.

Despite the chat messages directing players to the usage of admin chat, the calladmin plugin is just a much more well known fix to any solution for those that play the game, be it on these servers or others. We can try to shove information in their faces as much as we desire, but using a calladmin will always be the go to solution for many by default. When someone has a legitimate concern, there is little reason for a staff member to treat the in game messages received from the bot any differently from messages sent to admin chat.

Now I do find it unlikely Jeresydevil has not ran into val before due to how often he has played the server, or that he was unaware that staff were on. Were this the case or not though, it doesn't change that he very well could have believed that val was hacking and so far there is nothing proving otherwise beyond assumption. So, far now i'll give this a +1 for an unban.

I'm pretty sure its fine if someone does !calladmin when a staff member is on because it doesn't send the message to the bot(At least thats my opinion). Unless they're actually abusing it to troll or something then, of course, you're going to have to punish the person doing that. Also if someone were to report a member then you should still take it seriously as a regular report, being in-game or just recieving the report from the bot because there have been those cases where a xg member would actually hack. +1 for unban.

+1 for unban though

I get what you mean @Elcark but sometimes it is hard to determine if it’s a troll or not,

I’ve had quite a few people use calladmin while I have been on the server with my tag (Server Admin) or (Server Mod) blaitently visible. And 80% of those were false calls. So figuring that out is a bit of a challenge.

I never said that they couldn’t, but that’s just the rule set we have had, I understand mistakes happen and people panic and want to find the best way to take care of the issue and I fully respect it. (I mean some of the rules for things like that were kind of the unwritten rules at a point so)

In short, it’s sometimes difficult to tell if troll call or not when it’s done in game, but sometimes they are legit and that’s good. I just find it to be a bit of a challenge at times that’s all.

You are not to use the calladmin or voteban commands whilst a staff member is in the server.

Honestly, users should always type !staff before calling an admin to prevent this. We should make a note of that in the MOTD.

This is the most effective way and is not seen as aboose.

You're forgetting three things here, Supreme. One, some players are new and don't know the rules and haven't read the MOTD yet. Two, !staff isn't a well known command so I doubt anyone would think to use it. And three, staff can sometimes be on without tags, so anyone who doesn't know about the !staff command is oblivious to the fact that anyone is on.

You're forgetting three things here, Supreme. One, some players are new and don't know the rules and haven't read the MOTD yet. Two, !staff isn't a well known command so I doubt anyone would think to use it. And three, staff can sometimes be on without tags, so anyone who doesn't know about the !staff command is oblivious to the fact that anyone is on.

Not taking sides, but the person in question was wearing the xG tags so is clearly a regular and I was wearing my tags on the server.

Eh I gotta go with them on +1 for unban, going off what eclark said staff really needs to take in consideration that not everyone knows the commands for !staff or rules since most servers are different than ours with commands and the such, also the fact that every five minutes a little notification comes up sometimes saying these tips but that really isn't an excuse. All in all what I'm saying is not everyone know's the rules and they don't always know if someone's hacking or not especially if they are good at aiming so you shouldn't jump to instant ban and ask them what it was about first, especially if you are on the server when they calladmin