Hidingmaster

Late Night Jailbreak - Suggestions/Comments/Feedback

Same. It was nothing like the first time we had it. I didn't really handle myself well.

I was hoping for people to come up with creative ways to break the rules.

Ex. Warday in Vents. or Warday in an area with no entrances.

I just didn't like how after someone got annoyed from the passing. They wouldn't stop.

However, the server got heavily populated. Very populated. There were no complaints that I heard of. But it was still eh-eh.

Sorry btw. I didn't really have any creative idea's myself.

Suggestion: Remove it

Says the 2 people that werent there, one of them for less than 5 minutes.

Server population at 1am EST: ~10 normally, last night 21. Keeps the server populated, worth keeping.

There was nothing community about it. If youre going to have a community night there needs to be something somewhat organized. Not a bunch of people freekilling, spamming !csay and allchat. These nights could be fun if someone could warden for 10 seconds without it getting passed on them or "warday in cells" which leads to everyone getting "freekilled". Try doing things like wardening with absurd rules, or have in cell orders like, "all t's get on sinks and face pool" or some shit like that. Having lax rules doesnt mean freekill everyone it means giving orders that you normally wouldnt be able to give during reg hours like having Duck Hunt or Fish In a Barrel. Opinionated days are also really fun when you ask something thats a touchy subject, let the T's be creative. Running around spamming all the admin commands youre too afraid to use during regular server hours isnt entertaining.

There was nothing community about it. If youre going to have a community night there needs to be something somewhat organized. Not a bunch of people freekilling, spamming !csay and allchat. These nights could be fun if someone could warden for 10 seconds without it getting passed on them or "warday in cells" which leads to everyone getting "freekilled". Try doing things like wardening with absurd rules, or have in cell orders like, "all t's get on sinks and face pool" or some shit like that. Having lax rules doesnt mean freekill everyone it means giving orders that you normally wouldnt be able to give during reg hours like having Duck Hunt or Fish In a Barrel. Opinionated days are also really fun when you ask something thats a touchy subject, let the T's be creative. Running around spamming all the admin commands youre too afraid to use during regular server hours isnt entertaining.

Its not at all fun, and thats what I was attempting to get people to stop doing. Without a DM though I'm pretty much powerless. As I said, its gonna change a lot. I think it was still a marginally fun night, but people took it too far and refused to stop.

You're an admin, how are you powerless?

As in asking them to stop freekilling and for them to control it. For the most part they did, but Im not going to go hand out bans to everyone. In part it is my fault that it got that way. It was both me and Jordo warning them to stop, and yes it did get to the point that they were threatened with a ban if they didnt stop freekilling (which did stop it for the most part).

You're an admin, how are you powerless?

As in asking them to stop freekilling and for them to control it. For the most part they did, but Im not going to go hand out bans to everyone. In part it is my fault that it got that way. It was both me and Jordo warning them to stop, and yes it did get to the point that they were threatened with a ban if they didnt stop freekilling (which did stop it for the most part).

What im trying to say is that there should be a point to the night. A theme or something. Good servers arent good because they allow shitshows to happen, there fun because they have exciting community nights with events and new ideas to try (or plugins but thats a different story). If theres no point to the night then youre just gonna have repeats of last night where every mod who wants to can spam admin commands and screw up the whole round. Admins job is the administrate the server, regardless of a community night with "no rules" its still youre (all mods/admins/others) to regulate the server and its the DM/DL's job, even though it shouldnt be (we should have a community organizer for each division) to create fun community nights the whole clan and random players can take part in equally, not one that favors administrators to randoms.

this is what i envisioned late night jailbreak to be more like, not so much the admin abuse and constant freekilling from what ive been hearing lately

this is what i envisioned late night jailbreak to be more like, not so much the admin abuse and constant freekilling from what ive been hearing lately

This is what i wanted as well. But, everyone just went on and did many mass freekills. A lot of abuse from admins and mods. There was no real theme. I was disappointed about this night. I might not come back to it.