John

CT bans.

In light of recent events. This is for discussion for the CS:S community. I want all of your input.

We currently CT ban permanently for 3 freekills. However, I think permanently banning people who UNINTENTIONALLY mass freekill is a waste of a perfectly good CT. Most of us have made a mistake and been ct banned before. You know how it feels to be CT banned for messing up.

I propose that we change the length of an UNINTENTIONAL mass freekill to 2-3 weeks. This would save us the trouble of having to just unban the people who mess up.

Whether you +/-1, give a reason. Give your opinion. If you think it should work some other way tell me.

I do believe untentional freekills should not resort to a CT ban. As you said, we all understand how it is to slip up once; there's no need to have a drastic punishment to it. I place trust in the warden's, moderators, and admin's hands to make the difference between the an actual unintentional FK(s) and the intentional FK(s). +1

In light of recent events. This is for discussion for the CS:S community. I want all of your input.

We currently CT ban permanently for 3 freekills. However, I think permanently banning people who UNINTENTIONALLY mass freekill is a waste of a perfectly good CT. Most of us have made a mistake and been ct banned before. You know how it feels to be CT banned for messing up.

I propose that we change the length of an UNINTENTIONAL mass freekill to 2-3 weeks. This would save us the trouble of having to just unban the people who mess up.

Whether you +/-1, give a reason. Give your opinion. If you think it should work some other way tell me.

I already only ban people for 1 week when they unintentionally freekill more than 2 people because I'm not stupid and I have that thing called common sense... you should try and get some :)

I already only ban people for 1 week when they unintentionally freekill more than 2 people because I'm not stupid and I have that thing called common sense... you should try and get some :)

Freekilling 2 people should normally only amount to a day ban, especially if it's unintentional.

I'd suggest simply having it where a Moderator/Administrator gauges the pros/cons of a CT's actions, and then acts accordingly; but I get the feeling a large portion of our Staff would give either too little a punishment or too much. To be quite honest, I don't see the need to add another time for Staff to remember for a certain situation.

If a CT mass freekills (unintentionally) and is perm'd from CT, they are completely welcome to post a Ban Protest; and almost 99.99% of the time their ban is pushed through to a reduced amount and all is well. Albeit the only downfall for this is the CT having to protest their ban as well as wait out the amount of time it takes for the Ban Protest to go through (on top of the punishment).

Along with what john said, Forest really summed it up for what i was gonna say:

I'd suggest simply having it where a Moderator/Administrator gauges the pros/cons of a CT's actions, and then acts accordingly

If a CT mass freekills (unintentionally) and is perm'd from CT, they are completely welcome to post a Ban Protest; and almost 99.99% of the time their ban is pushed through to a reduced amount and all is well.

I don't see much of a problem with reducing unintentional mass freekills to around 2-4 weeks because that's just what it's reduced to when their ban protest gets accepted. Half of the CTs who get perm'd for such things are usually regular active players on the server. Others are just newbies who never learned the rules and their ban may get reduced if they are mature enough.

We just need to find a way to tell if someone honestly did it unintentionally and out of complete accident, or in similar situations..

+1

We just need to find a way to tell if someone honestly did it unintentionally and out of complete accident, or in similar situations..

Another one of the reasons why it should remain how it is though. In some situations, it is extremely hard to determine whether or not something was intentional or unintentional. This is why we have Ban Protests, to weed them out. The offending CT can plead their case as to why they did what they did, and then Staff can determine whether or not to reduce the ban or keep it as is.

Matsi that's called abuse. We have set times we are required to ban them for. That's not exactly common sense. Freekilling 3 t's is a mass freekill and is a permanent CT ban. No less.

@@Hidingmaster @@DarkWolf6052 @@Gkoo

Another one of the reasons why it should remain how it is though. In some situations, it is extremely hard to determine whether or not something was intentional or unintentional. This is why we have Ban Protests, to weed them out. The offending CT can plead their case as to why they did what they did, and then Staff can determine whether or not to reduce the ban or keep it as is.

Alright then perhaps we could make it a flat 2 week CT ban if proven accidental in their ban protest?

Matsi that's called abuse. We have set times we are required to ban them for. That's not exactly common sense. Freekilling 3 t's is a mass freekill and is a permanent CT ban. No less.

How is not banning someone for the maximum ban length allowed abuse? are you really being serious or just downs?

How is not banning someone for the maximum ban length allowed abuse? are you really being serious or just downs?

Funny you're saying he has downs when he's right. You HAVE to ban them perm if they mass, NO MATTER WHAT, whether it be the circumstance, or the person, must be perm. They can protest it and get it shortened, but they must be originally perm or it is abuse. If you don't like the admin handbook's rules, dont be a mod, because you have to follow it's rules, and ban lengths.

Funny you're saying he has downs when he's right. You HAVE to ban them perm if they mass, NO MATTER WHAT, whether it be the circumstance, or the person, must be perm. They can protest it and get it shortened, but they must be originally perm or it is abuse. If you don't like the admin handbook's rules, dont be a mod, because you have to follow it's rules, and ban lengths.

There's NOTHING in the admin handbook that says you HAVE to ban someone perm for mass freekills... the only thing it says it a list of the ONLY THINGS you ARE ALLOWED to perm someone for.... so maybe YOU should read it before you try and reply to my posts again. :)

There's NOTHING in the admin handbook that says you HAVE to ban someone perm for mass freekills... the only thing it says it a list of the ONLY THINGS you ARE ALLOWED to perm someone for.... so maybe YOU should read it before you try and reply to my posts again. :)

Lol, either way all the admins know (or should know, if they dont then I dont know what rock they were living under) that you have to perm if they mass, It has been discussed MANY times before, you know they are supposed to be permd for it, yet you INTENTIONALLY dont perm them.

If a CT mass freekills (unintentionally) and is perm'd from CT, they are completely welcome to post a Ban Protest

^ This, They are meant to be permd, they can protest that perm.