ItsAaron

ItsAaron - Counter-Strike: Source

No no, what I'm saying is that John had said it had to be 100% in agreement for Hella to use the command (which it wasn't[?]). I'm defending what John had said, but Hella is still in the wrong for doing it as it wasn't 100% in agreement.

So then why was Aaron demoted while Hellafun wasn't? Aaron had never really had a problem with abusing powers in the past and apparently this instance was the only time at which Aaron could be confirmed to have used !ban @all. Hellafun on the other hand had received a warning as a result of his previous abuse thread (where he used !teamswap to get himself onto CT team even though there was no justifiable reason to do so) and we know he used the !cash @all 30000 command several times in that day alone (courtesy of some fine detective work from Matsi), yet he was once again given just a warning. Why are we only giving warnings to some people while straight up demoting other people who both abused in very similar ways?

Why are we only giving warnings to some people while straight up demoting other people who both abused in very similar ways?

Ban @ all was strictly forbidden and was never to be used under any circumstances, as it has been for a long time (correct me if I'm wrong). Cash @ all was something that was recently put out, and was never completely determined it's "terms of use" so to speak.

No no, what I'm saying is that John had said it had to be 100% in agreement for Hella to use the command (which it wasn't[?]). I'm defending what John had said, but Hella is still in the wrong for doing it as it wasn't 100% in agreement.

Back to the point, with ban @all you effectively remove knives from all players. CTs still get guns etc from the extras in armory, and Ts MUST escape and rebel to find a gun. imo ban @all does not have a large effect on the flow of the game other than 1 round of it being a bit rough for the Ts to rebel which again imo, is perfectly fine. this is jailbreak, the idea is that it should be rough for Ts to rebel etc, and yet over the years there have been rules added here and there making it 9999999999999999x easier for the Ts (note: now it is rare to see more than 1-2 rounds won by the CTs, and few rounds get to LR. typically all CTs die.) The game mode itself is designed specifically for the CTs to have numerous advantages so that it is a rough spot for the Ts, and they have effectively been removed. So really, I have no clue whatsoever what darkwolf's issue was in the first place with the 1 round of it being slightly harder for the Ts to rebel and win, that was voted for and approved by most of the server. (71% of 7 votes is 5/7) and this truly only affected 1 round.

As opposed to the other case where cash was given to all players in the form of 30k (a large bomb) which unless it was done the very last round before map change (which it wasn't) affected every round afterwards.

Why are we only giving warnings to some people while straight up demoting other people who both abused in very similar ways?

I completely agree here.

Ban @ all was strictly forbidden and was never to be used under any circumstances, as it has been for a long time (correct me if I'm wrong). Cash @ all was something that was recently put out, and was never completely determined it's "terms of use" so to speak.

I'm not quite sure it actually is "forbidden" as it used to be a joke that we would ban @all (when gay boy was around) and he would tell us no balls since you can't actually ban @all, as far as I remember there was never actually a time where it was said "ban @all is a forbidden command, and nobody is allowed to use it whatsoever for any reason at all." and if that were the case, then how come silence or darkwolf never gave it a though to add it in as an override that the phrase "sm_ban @all" could only be accessed by people with flag "z"? Where as with the case of cash you actually did say "it is not allowed at all" granted it wasn't communicated very well, there is still the case of it actually being said.

Back to the point, with ban @all you effectively remove knives from all players. CTs still get guns etc from the extras in armory, and Ts MUST escape and rebel to find a gun. imo ban @all does not have a large effect on the flow of the game other than 1 round of it being a bit rough for the Ts to rebel which again imo, is perfectly fine. this is jailbreak, the idea is that it should be rough for Ts to rebel etc, and yet over the years there have been rules added here and there making it 9999999999999999x easier for the Ts (note: now it is rare to see more than 1-2 rounds won by the CTs, and few rounds get to LR. typically all CTs die.) The game mode itself is designed specifically for the CTs to have numerous advantages so that it is a rough spot for the Ts, and they have effectively been removed. So really, I have no clue whatsoever what darkwolf's issue was in the first place with the 1 round of it being slightly harder for the Ts to rebel and win, that was voted for and approved by most of the server. (71% of 7 votes is 5/7) and this truly only affected 1 round.

As opposed to the other case where cash was given to all players in the form of 30k (a large bomb) which unless it was done the very last round before map change (which it wasn't) affected every round afterwards.

I completely agree here.

I'm not quite sure it actually is "forbidden" as it used to be a joke that we would ban @all (when gay boy was around) and he would tell us no balls since you can't actually ban @all, as far as I remember there was never actually a time where it was said "ban @all is a forbidden command, and nobody is allowed to use it whatsoever for any reason at all." and if that were the case, then how come silence or darkwolf never gave it a though to add it in as an override that the phrase "sm_ban @all" could only be accessed by people with flag "z"? Where as with the case of cash you actually did say "it is not allowed at all" granted it wasn't communicated very well, there is still the case of it actually being said.

A command such as "ban @ all" should be a no-brainer that you shouldn't use it. I mean, just the command name itself should warrant a "not touching that with a 10 ft pool" reaction, which is why it was never actually established back then.

I'm not arguing that the cash @ all affects the Server far worse than a ban @ all, I'm just pointing out that one has been never used before (excluding the few times you described) whereas a "new" command hasn't had the time to be properly discussed. On top of that, it was established that Staff caught using ban @ all were to be immediately demoted to Member by Silence during the "ban @ all fiasco". The reason that it wasn't broadcasted to the public was so that the culprit would be caught, should they choose to do it again (same as an announcement of a plugin to track it's use). It was covert for the sole purpose of catching whoever did it.

Cash @ all was deemed inappropriate to use by myself ingame, and again, I do admit that I should have posted it globally for all Staff to know via forums, which is why I am taking responsibility for both John and Hella's actions (more-so John).

If you want to discuss this further, let me know and I'll PM you (or if you prefer it can be made global via a thread in General) but for the time being I'd like the thread to remain a Moderator Submission at this point. It's getting too messy up in here, n'ah mean.

A command such as "ban @ all" should be a no-brainer that you shouldn't use it. I mean, just the command name itself should warrant a "not touching that with a 10 ft pool" reaction, which is why it was never actually established back then.

I'm not arguing that the cash @ all affects the Server far worse than a ban @ all, I'm just pointing out that one has been never used before (excluding the few times you described) whereas a "new" command hasn't had the time to be properly discussed. On top of that, it was established that Staff caught using ban @ all were to be immediately demoted to Member by Silence during the "ban @ all fiasco". The reason that it wasn't broadcasted to the public was so that the culprit would be caught, should they choose to do it again (same as an announcement of a plugin to track it's use). It was covert for the sole purpose of catching whoever did it.

Cash @ all was deemed inappropriate to use by myself ingame, and again, I do admit that I should have posted it globally for all Staff to know via forums, which is why I am taking responsibility for both John and Hella's actions (more-so John).

If you want to discuss this further, let me know and I'll PM you (or if you prefer it can be made global via a thread in General) but for the time being I'd like the thread to remain a Moderator Submission at this point. It's getting too messy up in here, n'ah mean.

All in all, just give him back admin. he was one of the best admins, and you (the "higher ups") demoted him for something the server in whole agreed to.

Obviously I'm not gonna abuse again. And at the time I didn't even think this would be an issue. All I remember is a few times that a good few of us, including @@DarkWolf6052 were experimenting with the !ban command, from using it to just remove our own weapons, to just one team and even @all. I was never told at any point that a line had suddenly been drawn that we were not allowed to use it under any circumstances. If I had been told, I wouldn't have used it. It's as simple as that.

Ban @all in the past has been stated for us not to use it(If it wasn't obvious before), im not searching for the place or time it was said, but it has been discussed before.

ALSO- I have a good idea. How about everyone stop arguing about something that has nothing to do with Aaron's mod app(talking about everyone bringing up hella), If you have a problem with what hella did before, make a report abuse on it, but seeing as the last one didn't get him demoted I doubt the next one would.

Ban @all in the past has been stated for us not to use it(If it wasn't obvious before), im not searching for the place or time it was said, but it has been discussed before.

ALSO- I have a good idea. How about everyone stop arguing about something that has nothing to do with Aaron's mod app(talking about everyone bringing up hella), If you have a problem with what hella did before, make a report abuse on it, but seeing as the last one didn't get him demoted I doubt the next one would.

that's the point. it didn't get him demoted, and it was something said specifically to be a nono, and in many of our minds cash @all 30k effects the game more than 1 round of ban @all. and they both did a vote on it.

ban all was used dozens of times during Late night JB... noone ever got punished for it then even tho it was "strictly forbidden" and "'NEVER' should be used"

He shouldn't get punished for doing something that made one round interesting after doing a vote, at least not any more than someone doing a vote to do something that affects the rest of the map, it's kinda common sense there...

A command such as "!cash @all 30000" should be a no-brainer that you shouldn't use it.

^ Fixed

ban all was used dozens of times during Late night JB... noone ever got punished for it then even tho it was "strictly forbidden" and "'NEVER' should be used"

He shouldn't get punished for doing something that made one round interesting after doing a vote, at least not any more than someone doing a vote to do something that affects the rest of the map, it's kinda common sense there...

^ Fixed

Late night JB (Even though i dont agree with it, since it is downright retarded since people dont like getting slayed every 5 seconds) is supposed to be a time when people CAN do that stuff, this was during a normal day so it has no relation to Late night JB

-1 even if you used ban@all in the video I recorded of, you abused all chat, and unmuting yourself.

Um. I know quite a few who do that. Just saying. Me included. But usually only at night when no one gives a fuck. So if that's a valid reason for not having mod I know a ton of people in need of demoting. But I don't think it is.

Um. I know quite a few who do that. Just saying. Me included. But usually only at night when no one gives a fuck. So if that's a valid reason for not having mod I know a ton of people in need of demoting. But I don't think it is.

I know, thats why we have a lot of shit staff -.-