Mr_RagingTurtle

Complaining like the kid i am

Why does putting xG in your name have to be so strict?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Why does putting xG in your name have to be so strict?

• People should be allowed to put xG in their name
    • We should keep making people make member submissions to put the tag in their name

Ok, so I would like to join xG, right? But apparently I have to be 14 years or older to become a member, but why does it have to be so strict? I can join the steam group, I can play on the servers, etc. But why can't I put xG in my name? I've been playing xG for 1/6 of my life. So I think I should be able to at least put xG in my name. I would like to know, why does it have to be so strict?

Sorry for complaining.

so strict? Just don't wear the tags. it's not hard jesus christ. You can't join because you didn't join xG, we can't deny people joining the server and the xG steam group is for all to join and be apart of the servers. Also, when is being 14 year old requirement strict? just wait a year, even then i don't think you would want to join xG especially for what it's turned into. but that is up to you honestly. I'm sure if you play on the servers more and get people to know you, i'm sure you'll get in. just don't worry about it.

Why do people want to wear the tag so badly?

I really don't get it, is there a secret hidden super special power that the tag gives you which I haven't been informed of?

I really don't get it, is there a secret hidden super special power that the tag gives you which I haven't been informed of?

Yes,

It grants you the power of wet-dreams that result in you waking up in the morning with your groin glued to the mattress.

Does no one advertise the xG-rep thing? That should be mandatory to say if someone applies but is too young. Just like "Sorry, you don't meet the age requirement, but feel free to wear xG-rep if you would like." Not just "Too young"

Wearing the xG tags means you are representing the community as a member of the clan. The tags should only be worn by members. The age rule is there because usually with age comes maturity, and xG needs some higher maturity levels then what we have shown in the past and even now. Now there are exceptions to the age = maturity rule, but in general it is accurate. This is why you cant wear the tags if you're not a member and why there is an age restriction.

Wearing the xG tags means you are representing the community as a member of the clan. The tags should only be worn by members. The age rule is there because usually with age comes maturity, and xG needs some higher maturity levels then what we have shown in the past and even now. Now there are exceptions to the age = maturity rule, but in general it is accurate. This is why you cant wear the tags if you're not a member and why there is an age restriction.

But for the most part the age restriction at 16 has not helped. The forums are just as toxic, people are not interested forums so don't vouch much (proven when only 10 people have been accepted since it's start and 2 got in because they were former staff), immaturity is not decreasing, and people are becoming less interested in us and go to other clans and donate. The restriction at 16 is a good idea but is hurting us. How many of us joined when we were 14? Probably a lot of us. We need to kick out toxic people in order to become more mature and not restrict people from joining. It should be back to 14 years of age to join xG dye to these reasons and stay 16 to become staff. There are much more immature 16+ people then immature regulars on our servers. I made a thread in the admin discussion not long ago but not many people responded. We gave it 4 months and it has proven that it does not work.

Tl; Dr the rule is good on paper but sucks and does not work. Change it back before it hurts us more.

But for the most part the age restriction at 16 has not helped. The forums are just as toxic, people are not interested forums so don't vouch much (proven when only 10 people have been accepted since it's start and 2 got in because they were former staff), immaturity is not decreasing, and people are becoming less interested in us and go to other clans and donate. The restriction at 16 is a good idea but is hurting us. How many of us joined when we were 14? Probably a lot of us. We need to kick out toxic people in order to become more mature and not restrict people from joining. It should be back to 14 years of age to join xG dye to these reasons and stay 16 to become staff. There are much more immature 16+ people then immature regulars on our servers. I made a thread in the admin discussion not long ago but not many people responded. We gave it 4 months and it has proven that it does not work.

Tl; Dr the rule is good on paper but sucks and does not work. Change it back before it hurts us more.

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID BEFORE. I knew this would happen. Age still doesn't justify maturity. c:

Dethman is literally one of the last sane people in xG

Yes,

It grants you the power of wet-dreams that result in you waking up in the morning with your groin glued to the mattress.

Does no one advertise the xG-rep thing? That should be mandatory to say if someone applies but is too young. Just like "Sorry, you don't meet the age requirement, but feel free to wear xG-rep if you would like." Not just "Too young"

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID BEFORE. I knew this would happen. Age still doesn't justify maturity. c:

Dethman is literally one of the last sane people in xG

nice grave dig kiddos

nice grave dig kiddos

I knew it was grave dig but it is a problem being ignored. I made a thread in the admin discussion and only silence, hiding, scoot, and I think diabeetus responded and no clear conversation was being made.

Also why make another thread when we are now actively discussing here

Maturity is not directly linked to age, but it is a fair indicator for most things. A majority of younger people are immature, and I don't see how that can be argued against. There may be exceptions for someone being very immature and being older than 17, and there are probably many under 16 and are mature for their age. But since we as a clan are setting a standard age limit for submissions, it'll be argued for and against no matter what age we put - whether that is 16, 14, 12, or 18. Staff should stay at 16, member I don't know.

16 years old is already a requirement to get staff, 14 is just to be a guy who wears the xG tag and post on forums to represent us. We still have people who are adults legally who act like 12 year olds. Because of them we make a requirement to restrict people younger then them from getting in? The rule is hurting and it does not work. The thing is people get in because of the vouches getting them in. We will always get immature people in if we keep this anyways. The staff age limit should stay at 16 but for member 14 is a lot better since 90% of our server population are between 14-17 and most actually act mature. Like the saying goes, it takes 1 bad apple to ruin the barrel. And that 1 immature person ruined a bunch of really good potential members.