The_Unlit_Torch

How To Deal With Being Frozen In Ff2.

Most of us know that freezing and unfreezing a player makes them unstuck.

So why don't we just give everyone access to that command? These is nothing to lose. In fact, we only benefit from it since first-timers will just look for a different FF2 server if they find one with bugs.

The only reason I play on this server across the damn sea is because I'm part of this clan, otherwise I'd just play on Lethalzone for less bugs and better ping, which is what I was doing earlier.

+1 There has been a couple cases where people would have to explain why the player was stuck at spawn pretty much every round(switching class at last second) and it resulted in a bunch of frustrated players. I don't exactly see a down side to give them the command either

LOL.

Let's give everyone a command that is easily abusable! Yay!

-1. Just make the console !freeze @all 1 at the beginning of the map switch. lol.

Well you're smarter than me. +1

How is it abusable though?

Why not just FIX the thing making people get stuck... I believe it's whatever was added to keep hyper heavies and 520 scouts from leaving during the countdown....

I've noticed the problem occurs a lot more often if you decide to change classes just before the round starts, didn't know if anyone else noticed it so I thought I'd bring that out. I think only on a few occasions have I actually gotten stuck without a last second class change. But my idea was maybe perhaps the current plugin is replaced with the base Sourcemod freeze command that freezes before the round then unfreezes as soon as it starts. Not sure if it's possible or if there would still be a class change issue even with that, but just putting in my 2 sments

Why not just FIX the thing making people get stuck... I believe it's whatever was added to keep hyper heavies and 520 scouts from leaving during the countdown....

Metsiiiiiiii. I hope you realize that Rhodo and Nom's to-do list is like 10 miles long. They have NO TIME AT ALLLLLLLL.

LOL.

Let's give everyone a command that is easily abusable! Yay!

-1. Just make the console !freeze @all 1 at the beginning of the map switch. lol.

Easier said than done. If I knew a file/command to use, I would have done it by now. The autoexec.cfg only executes the commands inside it on a restart/map change, not every round.