Jesp

Xerses: Lamb Of God - Team Fortress 2

7:38 PM - xxx: Hey.

7:39 PM - xxx: I just checked the thread and can kind've confirm that no where did it say that spawncamping on a map with a teleporter wasn't okay.

7:39 PM - xxx: Infact the prompt window said "Spawncamping is allowed".

7:40 PM - xxx: Infact, to my knowledge, the entirity of the server thought that was the case. LOL

7:41 PM - xxx: So you might want to tell Scootaloo that before he/she starts throwing out bans for the blue team.

It's not on the trade rules, but I just added the clarification. @metalslug53

1. I was refering to in the game i.e ` key and type kill in console. i do dont condon suicide and would never tell someone to commit suicide irl. he needed tgo back to spawn as he was bodyblocking and being very rude. Sorry if it sounded otherwise

I also told him to back to spawn and to stop camping (im aware its against the rules) again all of which were refering to ingame not real life. There is no evidence supporting that comment was made refering to real life. I play daily, I wouldnt tell someone to do something so horrible after witnessing people get banned for it first hand (i.e COREY). No staff was on at the time and the person who was mainly bodyblocking made the request (I am assuming) after I asked them to stop as it is against xG's rule set.

Considering Xerxes was on the server when I perm'd Corey, things just simply do not add up. -1 from me. I believe Xerxes, and I know he's a good dude.

I feel Bello, Flareon, and a few others have had issues with him in the past and are trying to gang up on him? Idk. Just a thought.

You guys should watch the video. Even though I saw you today, Xerses, you seems pretty serious on the video. At this point I don't really know what was going on. No one really knew the rules and this seems like a giant clusterfuck.

You guys should watch the video. Even though I saw you today, Xerses, you seems pretty serious on the video. At this point I don't really know what was going on. No one really knew the rules and this seems like a giant clusterfuck.

A mod should have been on. nobody knows what happened for sure. this is a huge clusterfuck. I'm voting -1 and lets make the rules clearer next time. I honestly do buy Xerses story. he saw corey banned for this, he knew better to a point where I doubt he would. plus the instigation and rampant rule breaking everywhere, let's just clarify warn and move on.

I watched it. I do agree it sounded pretty serious, but Xerses to me sounds a LOT like Moosty. tl;dr always high. They always have chill voices and you cant tell if they're joking or not. There was certainly instigation but I simply don't believe Xerses meant it.

If he didn't mean it, it all comes down to the guy who was being spoken to, who was also throwing out shots. It ended up being a shit show in which neither side was offended. In my opinion, that's the key. If either side is offended, that's an issue. Ace nor Xerses seemed to be hurt by each other's words and just seemed to get buttmad about the spawncamping. I feel it's enough for a warning. Certainly not a ban.

I also don't like how he denied how he didn't say "kill yourself". That was kind of fishy.

1. I was refering to in the game i.e ` key and type kill in console. i do dont condon sedoku and would never tell someone to commit sedoku irl. he needed tgo back to spawn as he was bodyblocking and being very rude. Sorry if it sounded otherwise

Later on during your "it was a joke" justification you said things like "I do not condone suicide" and "nobody should kill themselves", which seems to imply otherwise.

I also told him to back to spawn and to stop camping (im aware its against the rules) again all of which were refering to ingame not real life. There is no evidence supporting that comment was made refering to real life. I play daily, I wouldnt tell someone to do something so horrible after witnessing people get banned for it first hand (i.e COREY). No staff was on at the time and the person who was mainly bodyblocking made the request (I am buttuming) after I asked them to stop as it is against xG's rule set.

Prior to the incident in the video people on the server - both teams - acknowledged that it was allowed multiple times. Spawncamping situations had happened before (and after for that matter) and they lasted for a bit, then a player on the camped team rolled godmode or something like that and broke free, easy peasy. There's also spawnprotection, which several camped players (you included several times!) made good use of and broke previous spawncamping attempts.

The player in question did not building/bodyblock either. Other players on the spawncamping team might have caught people coming out of the teleport, but it did not seem to be on purpose. There was no building blocking either.

There might be no evidence regarding your comments intentions, but considering the context and the way you said it I would imagine you would quickly specify you meant the kill command if that was the case. Or hope so, anyway.

And the player in question being rude? He did not say a single word until the incident happened.

And on the topic of this particular flavor of spawncamping being illegal - it was not specified in the rules, and not everyone reads the forums - so obviously people will see "spawncamping is allowed" and roll with that. Doesn't seem fair to punish someone for breaking a rule they had no way of being aware of.

And on the topic of this particular flavor of spawncamping being illegal - it was not specified in the rules, and not everyone reads the forums - so obviously people will see "spawncamping is allowed" and roll with that. Doesn't seem fair to punish someone for breaking a rule they had no way of being aware of.

it's on the server now so no more confusion

After the demo I clairified what I meant as I did in my previous posts. There was no malicious intent in the comment and it was refering entirely to spawncamping and bodyblocking. The evidence of abscence in not the abscence of evidence. Meaning just because the explaination is not in the demo (how convienent) does not mean I did not clairify my meaning afterwards. Also if you have ever heard me speak for a length off time, I speak in a monotone voice. I was not angry, trying to be hostile, nor trying to start shit. If you decide to ban me thats your decision xG and I respect that, however all the evidence was not given in that video and no staff was on to give insight into the matter.

I really don't like the video as evidence, it's only 45 seconds long and there was obviously interaction before and after. Its honestly kind of shady that the ONLY thing the video covers is this (unless it was edited down in which case post the entire thing). Xerses was baited into retaliating, poor choice of words yes, but we have no idea what was said by either party before or after. the video is fishy evidence at best.

Do what you guys want with this. I personally think we should drop it here because neither side really understand what was going on. At least according to what was said.

I also told him to back to spawn and to stop camping (im aware its against the rules) again all of which were refering to ingame not real life. There is no evidence supporting that comment was made refering to real life. I play daily, I wouldnt tell someone to do something so horrible after witnessing people get banned for it first hand (i.e COREY). No staff was on at the time and the person who was mainly bodyblocking made the request (I am buttuming) after I asked them to stop as it is against xG's rule set.

If you meant from the start to kill himself in-game, why did you say it was a joke instead of simlpy saying that you were referring to in-game?

+1 for ban.

Alright, it's 1:00am and these comments have me all pissed off when I should be asleep, as I have to be up in five hours.

First off, I'm pretty damn sure that when the DMs put a rule into place, it's put into place and everyone abides by it. Spawncamping has always been a touchy issue in our servers, but the rule about teleporting spawn camps was established quite a while ago when we had an issue with one of our mods breaking a camp without permission. We ironed out a lot of the details behind the rules when that happened. How it didn't make its way to the MOTD is beyond me, but that doesn't give everyone the green light to ignore the new rules.

That being said, I'm fully aware of the incoming "I didn't know it was a rule" claims that are about to be made, and because of the mess ups on our behalf, you're gonna skate by on this one. But HENCEFORTH, I have personally made sure the rules on spawncamping have been clarified in the MOTD, and EVERYONE will abide by them.

Also henceforth, if members have complaints or are needed to give input on a situation, there will be no more anonymous nonsense going on. You have problems to solve? Log in and handle them. I'm tired of the "keep me out of it" nonsense. No, if you're going to be part of this community, you're going to discuss things like a big boy.

Xerses, after reviewing the video again, even if you're intentions were not ill-conceived, you seriously set off a bad vibe to the point where someone escalated a complaint against you. I'd highly suggest you be more careful with your choice of words. I'll discuss this further with the other DMs and post our conclusion when we have time to deliberate.

Until now, nobody is getting the axe. We will reopen the thread when a decision is made.

~Thread closed. (Temporarily)

We have deliberated and a verdict has been made.

Baited into it or not, he crossed a line, and Xerses will be banned for a week.

The people in the video who are being rude and trolling in chat are receiving a warning. They will be closely monitored, and if the behavior continues action will be taken.

The clarification of the spawncamping rule, which does not allow spawncamping on maps that have teleporters as spawn access (mostly nimbusland, hyrule, and Jolly Roger Bay) has been added to the motd to hopefully avoid future confusion.

Starting now, proven death threats and suicide threats are a instaperm. But if you fail to provide evidence, or if your evidence is obviously one sided and doesn't tell the whole story, we will throw it out. the burden of proof is on the reporter. Video or demo evidence is ideal. Chat logs should involve both parties. Any permeable offense is going to need as much proof as we need for hacking claims. A perm is a severe punishment, we don't want to make that decision uninformed.

I hope this clears a lot of things up

#stillclosed