Should we get rid of Admin Abuse Day?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get rid of Admin Abuse Day?

• Yes
    • No

Thing is, though, Muselk didn't really advertise for us. He didn't give out our IP or any identifying information, just a few seconds of us doing dumb stuff for fun. There wasn't anything to worry about until someone commented on the video saying "Hey, that's us!". Even then, we didn't have to make a big deal of it. To the viewers, we could have said something like, "Hey guys, we have a Jailbreak server, we like to get a little crazy sometimes but it's all in good fun, just join our server at xxx to have a good time." Instead, some were tripping over themselves saying, "Sorry everyone had to see that, this isn't what we're about, but you should join our server anyway because we're cool except for that part!" See the difference? Don't apologize for yours or others' actions if it looks like someone might enjoy that kind of entertainment; instead, have a laugh at yourselves and make it out like we were just being silly and our servers are actually quite fun because of (rather than in spite of) the occasional silliness. Not chiding anyone, just a bit of advice for the future. :)

How about this? You may only do it ONCE per map, and it must have a vote with 70% or more. If you want to have it as a warden, or for lr, you must ask if there was one previously on the map. If there was, no beans.

That's dumb... maps last a very long time... how about we don't fuck with something that isn't a problem apart from people not overdoing it and crashing the server... I've learned where this happens and avoid doing too much all at once... but there was nothing bad about the day that happened in the youtube. :)

Thing is, though, Muselk didn't really advertise for us. He didn't give out our IP or any identifying information, just a few seconds of us doing dumb stuff for fun. There wasn't anything to worry about until someone commented on the video saying "Hey, that's us!". Even then, we didn't have to make a big deal of it. To the viewers, we could have said something like, "Hey guys, we have a Jailbreak server, we like to get a little crazy sometimes but it's all in good fun, just join our server at xxx to have a good time." Instead, some were tripping over themselves saying, "Sorry everyone had to see that, this isn't what we're about, but you should join our server anyway because we're cool except for that part!" See the difference? Don't apologize for yours or others' actions if it looks like someone might enjoy that kind of entertainment; instead, have a laugh at yourselves and make it out like we were just being silly and our servers are actually quite fun because of (rather than in spite of) the occasional silliness. Not chiding anyone, just a bit of advice for the future. :)

TLDR: DO NOT DO THIS

ai.gyazo.com_ae2275a7d3ee489b0d8c90eb1a772ca3.png.82a56035697190fa8fa555b847b04668.png

If it's going to be kept, it has to be pretty strictly regulated, especially if there's a problem with staff going too far. We did something similar on CS:S called Late Nite Jailbreak, and in my opinion it was pretty successful. It was fun for pretty much everyone, CT's and T's broke tons of rules, admins abused a lot (not too overboard, no one was slaying @all every single day, it was mostly somewhat innocent) and it allowed for staff to let off some much-needed steam. I would suggest emulating this as megarobin suggested. Schedule a specific day and time for it to happen (I would suggest a Friday or Saturday night), let everyone know that it's happening and see what people's opinions are, and for a couple of hours just let loose. If people don't like it, then it should probably be scrapped. If everyone is having a fun time and people seem to be enjoying it, keep it around and we can have them as a regularly scheduled event. However, I don't think that it should remain as a choice for last request. Occasional abuse can be fun, but having it too frequently can turn people off to the server. This isn't something that should be happening every day.

This is not a good idea, there are europoors in this clan who really enjoy jailbreak. *cough*

Ok, how about just a vote restriction? I'm pretty sure that would also work out pretty well.

sm_vote "Admin Abuse Day tomorrow" "No" "Yes"

if yes votes passes 70/75%, its valid. otherwise lr has to be changed/considered invalid

Ok, how about just a vote restriction? I'm pretty sure that would also work out pretty well.

sm_vote "Admin Abuse Day tomorrow" "No" "Yes"

if yes votes passes 70/75%, its valid. otherwise lr has to be changed/considered invalid

I thought this was already the case?

That's dumb... maps last a very long time... how about we don't frick with something that isn't a problem apart from people not overdoing it and crashing the server... I've learned where this happens and avoid doing too much all at once... but there was nothing bad about the day that happened in the youtube. :)

Or, you know, it would get people to change the maps more often because I always hear whining about staying on certain maps forever. Clearly since people go overboard with it and actually crash the server, there needs to be some level of control. (Don't think I don't know. I get emails everytime the server crashes.)

I don't see why its been here for this long, and now just because some youtuber came in on it happening people think it should be removed? That's sure what it sounds like to me, I'm staying neutral on this for now, I don't see how simply some guy joining a server can effect this.

Who gives a fudge about some friendggot youtube "let's player" that overreacts to EVERY-frickING-THING he sees while he plays a game to be "entertaining".

We do what the frick we want.

you just summed up every youtuber ever

Who gives a fudge about some friendggot youtube "let's player" that overreacts to EVERY-frickING-THING he sees while he plays a game to be "entertaining".

We do what the frick we want.

Not talking about his opinion. It seemed like he had fun. I'm talking about the 30 emails a day I get from server crashes. Not all of that is plugins or maps.

Ahem:

[attach=full]22296[/attach]

[attach=full]22297[/attach] [attach=full]22298[/attach]

Alright. Didn't switch page until after that comment, but i stand at what i said: If it happens as often as you make it sound like it does, why hasn't it been removed or even CHANGED to fit in nicely?

Also i'm not sure if goblin is talking to you..

Or, you know, it would get people to change the maps more often because I always hear whining about staying on certain maps forever. Clearly since people go overboard with it and actually crash the server, there needs to be some level of control. (Don't think I don't know. I get emails everytime the server crashes.)

I have not seen the server crash during my admin abusing in over two months.... and that was when i spawned a ton of bosses....which i don't do anymore.... so.... ya.... :)