Snackbar

Racism In Server

I think we need to take some action with this. Blatant and severe racist remarks should be dealt with a zero tolerance policy- with harsh punishments.

24 hour server ban would be nice.

Im looking at you @Hexx in particular- start watching your mouth or were gonna have problems.

As a community that not only has members of all race and creed treated as equals, and an image to maintain of that in itself, I am honestly surprised by how much of this just slips by.

That was skullkings attempt at humor.

In all seriousness, my girlfriend doesnt need to be sitting here with me while people scream ni--er in the server.

Nor should anyone have to hear anything racially derogatory. I get were not a PG rate server, but certain lines shouldnt be crossed.

You wanna be a shallow ignorant scumbag have at it, but we shouldnt have to hear it.

Seems hexx's posts were deleted.

Im out till this is resolved.

If this community is going to turn its back on this then im not putting the time and effort into this place that ive been recently. Ill play somewhere else.

@Hidingmaster Nope, but @Tsuchikure @Bonk @judgebunny @SkullKing and a few others, i think @Cristo and a few others were all present. @Tsuchikure even issued a verbal warning to both Hexx and Haxx

He posted in this thread as well but his posts are gone, even signed it as NIGG-ER.

Anyone with forum powers should be able to see the posts he made in this thread before they were deleted. Theres your proof.

i probably should've posted something faster after tagging it as african but im playing jb lol lol

There's a difference between just screaming "I HATE BLACK PPL" and etc on mic like some people do in the server and making (funny or not, usually not just blatant racism tho..) jokes. A rule where mods give a warning would be nice, zero tolerance will get pretty bad to deal with.

i probably should've posted something faster after tagging it as african but im playing jb lol lol

There's a difference between just screaming "I HATE BLACK PPL" and etc on mic like some people do in the server and making (funny or not, usually not just blatant racism tho..) jokes. A rule where mods give a warning would be nice, zero tolerance will get pretty bad to deal with.

Totally agree, a clear warning prior is more than fair.

@Duke

Hexx was the worst about it, I wouldn't worry much about Haxx since if he knows there's a rule in place he generally won't break it. Hexx though was a little bit too over the line. There's a thin line between a joke and being outright offensive. 1 warning, kick, then ban should work in this case I think.

Er, if it was so over-the-top, was something done about it?

I can't vouch for anything as I wasn't there, but if the guy was blatantly using racial slurs and was warned, why wasn't he kicked/banned (assuming it got to that point) for the appropriate amount of time?

11. Racism and sexism is frowned upon in our servers' date=' using it excessively or in an insulting manner is not allowed at all. IF a mod or higher warn you to stop (by gagging, muting or simply messaging you) , you must stop. This is the first and only warning you get and it must be in this manner. If you do say something racist or sexist, it must be very minimal and not in an offensive way and if not stopped after a warning, you will be punished severely. The person these comments are directed too and any staff member can at any time state that these are offensive and you must stop immediately.[/quote']

Keep in mind that we shouldn't tolerate racism in general, not just racial slurs. This applies to comments or statements that are over-the-top (minimal comments not so much), which really is up to the Staff to determine whether it's something that should/shouldn't be said.

Personally, I just think there shouldn't be any sort of racism allowed at all. After all, it is supposed to be a PG- 13 environment (hah) and putting a punishment on something that is subjective never ends well as it varies from person to person in terms of what is deemed racist and what isn't.

Er, if it was so over-the-top, was something done about it?

I can't vouch for anything as I wasn't there, but if the guy was blatantly using racial slurs and was warned, why wasn't he kicked/banned (assuming it got to that point) for the appropriate amount of time?

This was my fault, sorry about that. I have not been on any servers with powers in such a long time that i actually forgot what the proper punishment was.

He occasionally said some racial slur casually between orders while being warden, and me at the time thought "oh crap, what do i do if he's warden and is actively giving orders?" It would have caused chaos, and to be honest, I wasn't sure what to do. But I am trying to enforce any others.

I usually use the same "If you don't know who to kill/what is going on, don't kill anybody at all" and apply it to using powers to avoid any abuse problems.

Also, I am usually the only staff on (however @Lithium is now more actively coming on and helping me,) and it's a headache to deal with 20 people, 3 stupid CTs and hexx at the same time all while listening to 3 other people in teamspeak complaining about a freekill or somebody being annoying.

As far as racism goes, if it's something minor like a racist joke that doesn't contain any racial slurs, I'd be okay with it as long as nobody complained(if anyone did I'd warn them), but even then they shouldn't do it too often and shouldn't take it too far. But if it's racial slurs, saying nword this and nword that, even if nobody complained I would do something about it, because it still would give us a bad reputation.

Also, if we're going to enforce racism then we should enforce all racial terms, meaning don't just punish someone who says the nword. I've always seen that staff punish those who say the nword but not someone who goes around saying chink/spic/whateverelsethereis.