Scootaloo

No More Drama. At All. Period.

Well boys and girls, here we go with yet ANOTHER thread about how we should be treating each other. I thought my last post about this very subject would have been enough to set the guidelines, but apparently I was wrong.

Back in May, I post a PSA about how the upper staff were going to be handling complaints about other members in our clan. If you are unfamiliar with that thread, or if you need a refresher, you can read about it here: Psa: There Is To Be A Change To How We Handle Complaints.

In the last thread, we addressed many issues in hopes of bringing the levels of drama down to a minimum. The biggest issue we were facing was that our members were, for whatever reason, incapable of communicating with each other in order to work out little issues, as to prevent them from snowballing into big issues. The tl;dr of it was that it was expected that if a problem were to arise, you would work it out with the person you're having issues with, that way the upper staff wouldn't have to hold hands and babysit our members when a small conflict became an issue.

Obviously, this measure has failed entirely. I'm quite frankly baffled at the stupid, inane bullshit that we are having to pander to, and quite frankly, I'm sick of it. I tried being nice and being helpful, giving friendly reminders to play fairly, but if it isn't going to get results, I'll have to take a harsher course of action instead.

For the most part, we are all adults here. Some of us are not quite there yet, but I feel that in this clan, we hold a very high sense of responsibility and respect here, to a certain degree, that we expect everyone to stand up to. As adults, there is absolutely NO REASON why we should be unable to work things out with each other, or ensure that we just ignore each other if a solution cannot be met.

Without naming names, I can attest that there is still a LARGE issue with drama and talking behind others' backs. @Ohstopyou, @kbraszzz, and myself were ankle deep in it last night, and literally EVERY SINGLE ISSUE that was presented to us could have been solved if the people involved had talked with one another instead of complaining about each other to other members behind each others' backs. Really? This is what we are STILL struggling with? THESE are the problems we are making for each other?

I'm honestly at a loss for words. I honestly have no idea what the next measure should be. All I know is that all this unnecessary drama is creating a rift in our clan, and if we don't find a way to squash it, it will tear us apart. I graduated high school nearly ten years ago. I shouldn't have to put up with this.

In the end, we are a TEAM. ALL of us. Whether you like someone on your team or not, you are expected to maintain a level of respect and communication with your teammates. Personal feelings be damned. I don't give a rat's ass who likes who or who hates who. If you're going to be a part of my moderation staff, you will treat each other with respect and dignity, not go behind each other's backs to spread rumors and speak ill of each other.

So, effective immediately, I'm just NOT going to deal with it anymore. My higher up staff is NOT going to deal with it anymore. Nothing nice to say? Don't say anything at all. Dislike someone? Ignore them and stay away from them. Keep your opinions to yourself and don't spread toxicity to each other. Don't speak ill of people who cannot be there to defend themselves, and don't be an asshole when you're trying to talk to each other. Be mindful in the fact that context is a VERY real thing, and when we have multiple people saying multiple things that are taken out of context, it creates HUGE problems. Escalating these petty issues to the higher-ups when it has nothing to do with our clan can and will result in punishment for all parties involved. If we honestly cannot deal with each other in a respectable way, I don't feel you deserve a place on my staff.

I would like everyone to, effective immediately, begin treating your staff position like a job, because for all intents and purposes, that's what it is. This is a job minus the pay. And while you are here, performing your duties, you are expected to handle yourself in a respectful and responsible manner. If you went into a place of business, started a bunch of unnecessary drama with a coworker, then took your personal issues to your management, their reaction would be "Get it together and handle your issues, or you can look for a different employer." We are NOT here to be guidance counselors. We are NOT here to play mediator. We are here to make sure our staff does what is expected of them and ensure our game servers are being moderated.

If you have beef with a member, fix it. I'm done putting up with this. If you can't fix it, ignore the people you have problems with. If issues continue to be issues, your staff position will then be at stake, whether or not you feel you are the cause of the problem. If you can't keep your personal life out of the work place, we will replace you.

To everyone who was involved with the issue last night, and you know who you are, I suggest you work it out pronto. I will not be naming names, but you will all be tagged in a conversation shortly after this post goes live. You're all capable of rational discussion. I suggest and expect that you fix the problems. I'd hate to have to let any of you go because you can't work as a team. There is to be a conversation held to give you guys one last chance to solve these problems, because after the conversation, if I still see the issues that are being complained about, I am going to lose it.

To address another problem that was presented last night, let's talk about Promo/Demos. I have no idea why this became an issue in the first place, but I'm just going to be very blunt to get my point across: If ANYBODY is threatening another user with a demotion in order to make them feel bad, that individual is going to face immediate removal of their staff position. This is absolutely unacceptable, ESPECIALLY since the only people who need be concerned with Promos and Demos are the active DMs and DLs, and our DMs and DLs will NOT be discussing the promos and demos with anybody until after the information has been made public. Obviously, we will still be taking the opinions of our staff into consideration, but the final decision lies with us. We will be reporting our Promos/Demos directly to Kbraszzz or Hiding, and Kbraszzz/Hiding will be the only person(s) who knows that information. Outside of those individuals, it is NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS. Mods have no say in Promos/Demos. Admins have no say in Promos/Demos. If you hear about someone getting a promo or a demo, whoever told it to you is a liar. So DO. NOT. USE. IT. AGAINST. ANYONE. It is grounds for an immediate demotion, as it is a SUPER shitty thing to do.

I hope this clarifies where we stand on the issues. At this point, I can't make you all get along, but I CAN dictate how much we are going to be tolerant of. I'm done. My staff is done. And we will not be putting up with it any longer. If you can't be adult enough to work out your issues, I can't bring myself to keep you a member of my staff.

Hardass mode has been engaged. I don't want to resort to this, but at the same time, I shouldn't have to.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I have NO PLANS on taking any sort of disciplinary action against ANYONE who was involved in the events last night. Nobody has any consequences they need to fear. Just know if it is STILL an issue after this post, THEN we will be having problems. I also don't want anyone thinking that we don't care what our staff has to say. Obviously, your input is an integral part of how we manage the system. We will continue to touch base with you all on various things. I don't want anyone to think we are being inclusive of you guys, as that's not what this thread is addressing.

If ANYBODY is threatening another user with a demotion in order to make them feel bad, that individual is going to face immediate removal of their staff position.

Scootaloo Im demoting you :^)

But in all seriousness about time. I tried to do the same thing to no avail back in the day. Backing this 100%

Scootaloo Im demoting you :^)

But in all seriousness about time. I tried to do the same thing to no avail back in the day. Backing this 100%

Allow me to also use this as a perfect example.

You see boys and girls....this is called SARCASM. Sometimes, we use this as a form of comical relief! It's best to learn when sarcasm is being used, as if I didn't know that Bach was being a smartass, I'd have to demote him now. :D

Yes, please. Use your words and talk to the person. There is not enough time in the day for us to sort these complaints out.

Rule of thumb. Unless you hear something DIRECTLY from a person, you shouldn't believe it (we're back to xG telephone again).

I tried to do the same thing to no avail back in the day.

As did the CS:S Division. For some reason it's incredibly difficult for people to grasp :coffee:

I've been wishing that people would just talk their crap out since I got DM of CSS. Unfortunately, as forest said, people just dont grasp it. By all means be harsh on them, it may be the only way to stop shitstorms from cropping up. Also, as far as promo demos are concerned, they are going back to the way they used to be: only seen by DM+ and if people start asking if they are getting promo'd feel free to take them right off the list.

I've been wishing that people would just talk their crap out since I got DM of CSS. Unfortunately, as forest said, people just dont grasp it. By all means be harsh on them, it may be the only way to stop fudgestorms from cropping up. Also, as far as promo demos are concerned, they are going back to the way they used to be: only seen by DM+ and if people start asking if they are getting promo'd feel free to take them right off the list.

Eeyeppers.

my favourite part of all this was me realizing that I was oblivious to all these problems.. and also realizing I want to remain oblivious to said problems... if not oblivious then just neutral.... lmao #NeutralxGBestxG

Oh and Scoot there was a problem yesterday? weird I was in ts for a while still don't know what happened... welp Guess I don't need to know if it's already been resolved

That is, if it has been resolved

Nothing nice to say? Don't say anything at all. Dislike someone? Ignore them and stay away from them. Keep your opinions to yourself and don't spread toxicity to each other.

even though everyone is being like "yeah he's right guys +1+1+1+1+1+1+1 yeah guys we should be mature and deal with our problems like adults" I know for one fact NO ONE in this thread will be even SLIGHTLY affected.

The reason being the fact that this is the internet

this thread has a nice purpose and i totally respect the effort put into it but if you actually want this to have any impact on anyone, you need to re-evaluate your promotions first (take a hint on how im talking about certain moderators and mostly admins (who have been re-promoted recently (do i need to be more specific?)))

edit: also i know nothing about the "events last night" so this came outta nowhere for me

I would like everyone to, effective immediately, begin treating your staff position like a job, because for all intents and purposes, that's what it is. This is a job minus the pay

I joined here for fun, not to be super serious. :rolleyes:

I agree with @Egossi , however I'm gonna handle conflicts myself (@ChickenPanda xD) and definitely appreciate the work behind this thread.

EDIT: By the way, the majority of the tf2 staff might wanna go work out their issue with @Vector.