SpookyToast

New Hales And New Maps

So I checked out our list; based off of what normally gets played and the bosses I haven't seen in a while, these are probably our down in the dumps bosses

Seeman

Staregineer

Bob the Builder

Wheatley

Servant Grunt

Sergeant Painus

Zerstorer

The Rock

Oogie Boogie

Joker

Pacman 2

Phoenix Wright

I've only seen these bosses at little times because someone forgot to actually choose their boss and was randomized to the following which was also followed by a "I didn't want this boss"complaint. But that's just my speculation, please feel free to add or disagree to the list!

I mostly agree:

Demonic always chooses Pacman though

Zerstorer is a scrubby boss. Way too fast and has melee and projectiles plus an explosive rage

Joker's alright

Phoenix Wright is alright, but instead of removing him, remove Merasmus since he's basically a silent and really awkward looking Phoenix

Oogie is almost never chosen since he's kinda ass

Just my thoughts

So I checked out our list; based off of what normally gets played and the bosses I haven't seen in a while, these are probably our down in the dumps bosses

Seeman

Staregineer

Bob the Builder

Wheatley

Servant Grunt

Sergeant Painus

Zerstorer

The Rock

Oogie Boogie

Joker

Pacman 2

Phoenix Wright

I've only seen these bosses at little times because someone forgot to actually choose their boss and was randomized to the following which was also followed by a "I didn't want this boss"complaint. But that's just my speculation, please feel free to add or disagree to the list!

I agree with everything, removing Merasmus too, like @Bone said. I'd also like to remove Piss Cakehole and BLU Nnggh Sniper.

These bosses always are chosen if the player did not use the !ff2boss command. Like, it's 9/10 chances you will get one of these, and people hate most of these bosses because they are either too bad or too easy to fight against.

For example, I once killed Merasmus alone with a mini sentry, dispenser and a short circuit. His rage couldn't break/deactivate any of my buildings, and the burn damage was nullified by the dispenser, while I stunned him over and over; same thing happens with Phoenix Wright, as his rage only covers the screen and makes a big radius of fire damage. Things like these shouldn't be happening, and I agree with @NitNat 's idea that this is why people aren't playing so much on this server like they used to. We need to implement newer, more fun bosses to play as and against.

At least, that's my opinion.

Seeman

Staregineer

Bob the Builder

Wheatley

Servant Grunt

Sergeant Painus

Zerstorer

The Rock

Oogie Boogie

Joker

Pacman 2

Phoenix Wright

Out of these, I'd say to keep Wheatley, The Rock, Joker, Pacman, and Phoenix (and use bone's suggestion :^)

Just to get my thoughts in on this I believe we need to throw out junk hales/maps to minimize download times because many ff2 servers have a shit load of bosses and the download times are ridiculous as garbage, so not many thinking is put on having an actual max boss cap when it comes to other servers running the same gamemode.

When it comes to bosses you want there's always 3 road blocks (for me atleast) The boss either A. doesn't exist nor does a model, B. You have to make it yourself using a model and rigging it to tf2 (trust me I've tried, not easy), or C. The bosses are server exclusive meaning ff2 servers actually pay people to make bosses for their server or have people within the server community that has that type of skill. (We don't have much of that here)

Please add links to bosses you want and maps you want @SpookyToast

When it comes to an undertale map for ff2? It's not easy seeing how most of undertale's area's are pretty linear and would be kinda small for ff2, sure you can use outside and open environment from the game and convert it into a map, but it wouldn't be as amazing as you'd expect. Nonetheless since the game has some really cool small areas they can be perfect for other gamemodes such as deathrun and when it come's to dr I actually have an undertale dr map in the making (Ruins) trying to make it as canon as possible, but at the same time I'm still a novice so don't expect it to be done for a while.

When it comes to bosses and maps we can remove here are my 2 cents on it.

Towertop_final

Citydirtbox

Orange

Square Saxxy

These maps are either low in quality and not voted at all or aren't really fit for ff2(Towertop and citydirtbox look horrendus and aren't really good hale maps and Square Saxxy and Orange aren't great either. Orange can be glitched and players can leave the map while square saxxy has that one secret room people just love to camp it and it really deteriorates the fun of being an actual boss)

When it comes to bosses

Heisenberg (decent model, well made with the show voicelines, but bad and no one ever plays him)

Merasmus (outdated boss with weird hitboxes and a crumby rage)

Joker (Decline in people picking him)

Oogie Boogie (I like him, but he's bad and no one plays him)

The Rock (rage is complete garbage, but I remember in his boss submission on the allied modders forum you can choose from different rages)

Servant Grunt (Decline in people picking him)

Bone if you haven't seen this already I think you might be interested [FF2] [TOOL] Freak Fortress 2 Boss CFG Generator - AlliedModders @Bone

Ideas, thoughts, opinions? @NitNat @Ohstopyou @Diamonde @SnowyMinion @HaleRegulars

Just to get my thoughts in on this I believe we need to throw out junk hales/maps to minimize download times because many ff2 servers have a fudge load of bosses and the download times are ridiculous as garbage, so not many thinking is put on having an actual max boss cap when it comes to other servers running the same gamemode.

When it comes to bosses you want there's always 3 road blocks (for me atleast) The boss either A. doesn't exist nor does a model, B. You have to make it yourself using a model and rigging it to tf2 (trust me I've tried, not easy), or C. The bosses are server exclusive meaning ff2 servers actually pay people to make bosses for their server or have people within the server community that has that type of skill. (We don't have much of that here)

When it comes to an undertale map for ff2? It's not easy seeing how most of undertale's area's are pretty linear and would be kinda small for ff2, sure you can use outside and open environment from the game and convert it into a map, but it wouldn't be as amazing as you'd expect. Nonetheless since the game has some really cool small areas they can be perfect for other gamemodes such as deathrun and when it come's to dr I actually have an undertale dr map in the making (Ruins) trying to make it as canon as possible, but at the same time I'm still a novice so don't expect it to be done for a while.

Towertop_final

Citydirtbox

Orange

Square Saxxy

These maps are either low in quality and not voted at all or aren't really fit for ff2(Towertop and citydirtbox look horrendus and aren't really good hale maps and Square Saxxy and Orange aren't great either. Orange can be glitched and players can leave the map while square saxxy has that one secret room people just love to camp it and it really deteriorates the fun of being an actual boss)

When it comes to bosses

Heisenberg (decent model, well made with the show voicelines, but bad and no one ever plays him)

The Rock (rage is complete garbage, but I remember in his boss submission on the allied modders forum you can choose from different rages)

Bone if you haven't seen this already I think you might be interested [FF2] [TOOL] Freak Fortress 2 Boss CFG Generator - AlliedModders @Bone

Ideas, thoughts, opinions? @NitNat @Ohstopyou @Diamonde @SnowyMinion @HaleRegulars

I'll try to help with this by updating my previous post about bosses I'd like to be on the server, with their corresponding links, to see if that helps.

EDIT: Added links for Stripper Soldier + Other bosses by the same author and Bloodrider. Hope that helps!

Here, I have a new suggestion.

Remove Seeman and Seeldier combo and replace them with these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5dWiyLXxy0

Also, from the same author, I'd love to see these added:

- Bowser

- Female Sniper

- Female Engineer

- Bloodrider

- Dic Soupcan

- "New" Ass Pancakes

- Count Heavnich

Links for everyone are here: [FF2] M7's Bosses [FINAL FINAL UPDATE except for Bloodrider] - AlliedModders

Just to get my thoughts in on this I believe we need to throw out junk hales/maps to minimize download times because many ff2 servers have a fudge load of bosses and the download times are ridiculous as garbage, so not many thinking is put on having an actual max boss cap when it comes to other servers running the same gamemode.

Towertop_final

Citydirtbox

Orange

Square Saxxy

When it comes to bosses

I agree but this past weekend we've actually received a mass majority voting for square saxxy, so I guess that map should stay c:

Jesus, this thread is a mess.

@Bone Play points is not supported by the author anymore. There is no cvar to restrict it for teams. :(

@NitNat and @Blizzard Make a master list for me (in one post) so I can just go down the line and remove/add stuff. If you want something added, I need a link pls. If you want something removed, tell me the name. FF2 is really time-consuming, so I can't search through the 40 threads we have for suggestions :/

Jesus, this thread is a mess.

@Bone Play points is not supported by the author anymore. There is no cvar to restrict it for teams. :(

@NitNat and @Blizzard Make a master list for me (in one post) so I can just go down the line and remove/add stuff. If you want something added, I need a link pls. If you want something removed, tell me the name. FF2 is really time-consuming, so I can't search through the 40 threads we have for suggestions :/

I kinda figured, it was abandoned in like 2013. If I knew how to code, I'd build a new plugin using it. Sadly though, I don't, but if anyone wants to teach me ;)

And if I had the ability (and the time depending on work) I'd help you out on editing the server. Setting up FF2 stuff isn't that hard, but it breaks easily.

I'd love to help, but sadly I lack the ability to code. The most helpful thing I can do is suggest what I'd like to see on the server, by also adding links to said suggestions to help its chances to get added/removed.

I kinda figured, it was abandoned in like 2013. If I knew how to code, I'd build a new plugin using it. Sadly though, I don't, but if anyone wants to teach me ;)

And if I had the ability (and the time depending on work) I'd help you out on editing the server. Setting up FF2 stuff isn't that hard, but it breaks easily.

It's hard when the suggestions are scattered across multiple threads and tons of posts.