Scootaloo

2016 Is Almost Here! Upcoming Changes To Usher In The New Year! (please Read.)

Hello again to all my TF2 cohorts! 2016 is just around the corner, so I thought it'd be a good idea to make a thread and give you all some insight to the changes that are just around the corner! This affects both members and staff, so everyone read up!

I hope you all had an excellent holiday break. It was a crazy past few weeks. Lots of our staff let us know that they would be inactive for the holidays, but I fully expect that everyone has had a chance to recharge their batteries and are ready to jump back into their duties! We were not taking activity very seriously during the past few weeks for obvious reasons, but now that the holidays are over and done with, it's time to resume business as usual.

-POINT OF INTEREST 1-

Call Admin Bot

The first thing I would like to address is the use of the !calladmin plugin. I know many of us already are responding to the calls, and to those of you who take the effort to make sure that bot isn't driving us all insane, I personally want to thank you. I do my best to answer calls when available as well, so hopefully that bot isn't driving anyone insane. XD

When you DO answer a call, please make sure the first thing you do is use the plugin /calladmin_handle (#). The number will be which ever number the bot gives for the call resolution. As soon as you get in server, type in the command, then solve whatever issue you are responding to. This lets the rest of us know that somebody has answered the call. This way, we don't have 10 staff members rushing to the same call.

If a call is made and somebody has alerted you to the issue beforehand, you MAY change your Steam Name and go undercover in an attempt to gather evidence. It isn't necessary, but sometimes it does help.

-POINT OF INTEREST 2-

Membership Applications

The next big point of interest I would like to address is with how we will be handling membership applications from here on out. Beginning tomorrow, January 1st 2016, our age requirement of 16 years old to become a member is being lowered to 13 years old.

Before some of you lose your collective shit over this change, please note that this is not the only change being made. In the event of a user applying for membership where the individual is under the age of 16, they will be required to secure 13 +1 votes instead of the basic number of 10. One of those votes MUST be a vouch from a staff member who is a DM or higher. By doing this, I feel that we can effectively filter out the more immature individuals who want to be members, as the DMs+ will be directly involved with their membership.

Also on that note, any member who is accepted under the age of 16 will be put through a probationary period of 30 days. After becoming a member, they are still able to wear tags and all that fun stuff, but they must not acquire any strikes against them within the 30 day period. If they do, their membership will be revoked. We feel that this measure is an adequate solution to the concerns of maturity within our clan, and still allow us to accept membership applications of our younger players. TONS of people have been rejected this past year solely due to age, and I feel it's a shame we are automatically denying people membership because they are too young. TF2 has a predominantly young playerbase, so we will no longer alienate them. It's also proven highly successful to the CS:GO division. Ever since @Snackbar lowered their age requirements, they've seen tremendous user growth. After consulting with the other higher-ups, we feel we should start doing the same. Start spreading the word!

-POINT OF INTEREST 3-

Vouching for Members

This is a big one. First off, I do want to remind each of you that we rely heavily on your input on who becomes a member in our community. Any time a Membership Application is posted, the vouches are what dictate who becomes a member. The best way to make our community grow is to be active in our servers, get to know the people playing in them, and directing them to our forums so they may apply for membership.

That all being said, this has actually become a point of concern recently. I'd have to argue that a majority of the time vouches are counted, they are counted incorrectly, because a lot of the vouches being counted are not valid vouches. PLEASE BE ADVISED that when you vouch for someone's membership, you ABSOLUTELY MUST follow the vouching format:

(+1/-1)

A (Activity): 1 - 10

M (Maturity): 1 - 10

(Short sentence why the person in question would or would not be a good member.)

It's that simple. Leave a number for the Activity and the Maturity, then leave at least one short sentence as to why you think the individual in question should be a member of our community.

HENCEFORTH, any vouches not following this format will be discredited and not applied to the final vouch total. If your vouch does not meet the minimum requirements, a DM+ will comment on the vouch and let you know it isn't valid. You can either edit the vouch or create a new one. DMs+, please make sure we are being diligent with this!

With these points all addressed, the thread is now open to discussions and input. Here's to hoping xG has a hell of a New Year! Everyone's got a clean slate, so let's etch some good things into them. Promos/Demos will be much more rigorous, so be diligent in your work! You guys make this place a great community! Thanks for everything you do! :D

Edited by Scootaloo (see edit history)

@metalslug53 the god.

I was gonna start bitch in about the new membership age but everything is more than fair.

Well done higher ups.

And happy new beers from Canada. Cheers!

The points that were addressed are very well put and make a lot of sense awesome job, cant wait to see what this clan does in the next year time.

ps-Merry halloween...

XD

XD

TONS of people have been rejected this past year solely due to age, and I feel it's a shame we are automatically denying people membership because they are too young.
membership isn't really that big of a deal imo tbh fam

also about the vouching format thing most people are gonna go:

+1 cool guy and i really really really think this guy is cool and have i mentioned he's a cool guy? +1

A: RandomNumberBetween1And10/10

M: RandomNumberBetween1And10/10

so i dont think that was really necessary, but other than that you guys seem to have done a good job so uhh...

Well done!

and umm also happy new christmas everyone

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Happy New Year xG!

I’m really glad that the younger people trying to apply are now able to have a chance in by proving they are mature, because they are people that are young and very mature for their age, and would fit all the other requirements, but the age part kept them from getting in.

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)