Goblin - Team Fortress 2

Division:

Team Fortress 2

Staff Name:

Goblin

Staff's Steam ID:

U:1:71068509

Evidence:

Gaming History server had a map change to a overly played map. I said rtv 10 times in a row when there was only 2-4 people on the server. in this moment he said "Don't Spam" after the third rtv and I wasn't looking in chat so I didn't see. he then proceed to mute me for 30 minutes and I had zero warning of this until I was muted. after being forced to sit out the 30 minute ban with zero chance of communication (I attempted to send a trade to communicate he denied it and said "don't send random trades" and denied friend request.) after trying to reason with him every response from him was "Drop it" or "your where warned and punished fairly" he then kicked me for continue trying to reason and at this point I was very aggravated so I rejoined and he continued to ignore reason. I then accidentally hit a key bind which said in chat "Welcome to TF2. Home of Script Kiddies, Tryhards, And Bad Admins." I then said I was testing a key bind to avoid causing drama and then my game crashed. I tried to rejoin and he had day banned me. after waiting 2 days for the ban to end (it was supposed to be a one day ban) I played several hours with no incidents or problems. and then they joined and I asked why he day banned me and he immediately just said "Drop it, kiriy" I continued to try to reason and he 5 minute muted me. upon looking on the ban list after he had just day banned me he had banned 2 others less then 6 minutes apart for "inappropriate language" and his reasoning for banning me was "Ignoring staff, trolling, and instigating arguments." I had not trolled anyone so trolling is invalid. I had not ignored him either he had simply ignored me in trying to reason. and I did not instigate anything in this scenario he has caused all of the arguments. I unfortunately do not have any pictures and or documentation of this except for your ban listing website. This server is a trade server and it is heavily populated so these messages where quickly erased by the chat limit before I thought to record this information in anyway.

Here is the users ban: Xeno Gamers

Alright, story time!

I joined the server right after a map change. As I joined, I saw Kiriy spamming "rtv" into chat. I told him to stop spamming after he typed it the fourth time. He continued to spam it, so I gagged him. He sent me random trades (which isn't allowed), and tried to add me to talk about it. There was nothing to talk further about it since he spammed, I warned him, and I punished him as he continued.

Alright, so after his gag had ended he began to question me saying that the gag was unfair. Saying that I should of muted him for 5 minutes at first offense. After I told him that the 30 minute gag was fair, he began to claim that I never warned him. Which I did of course.

He kept instigating the issue further to the point where I had told him that the punishment was fair and that the issue needed to be dropped. He kept going, so next thing that happened is me kicking him. He returned saying that the kick was unfair. So now at this point he is just instigating and essentially trolling.

He carried on with the issue after I continuously told him to stop. There was nothing more that needed to be said about the issue. It came to the point where he created a bind at an ironic time. He was "testing" the bind. So I banned him for a day.

Even if there is minimal people on the server, that is not reason to disregard the rules. The punishment that was put out was fair. I wouldn't have gone through with those actions if I knew they weren't fair.

well I knew you where gonna leave bits out or just lie. but let me add some straightness to this response. I said repeatedly that I had no chance of seeing the warning as you had everything relating to your chat disabled so that your chat was darkish light green. it made it hard to notice considering my chat colors where purple and yellow with a light teal colored title. not only this immediately after gagging me he turned everything about his account back on making a deep dark red chat color a bright name and a bright title. I had almost no chance of seeing that he warned me because of the colorings he picked. and then he knew very well that I was trying to open a trade to communicate with him and accepted once said "don't random trade" and then closed it before I could say much. and again rather then just apologize and drop the issue, hes been bending the story so it seems like he was the good guy. he has been being a as many people on that server has said "a hardass" and something I forgot to mention. someone sent 3 lenny faces in chat and he without warning muted him for 10 minutes. saying I spam when there is a user who spams keybinds that say "that's going in the montage" and "say hello to youtube" every time they kill someone (well spawn camping so they are getting a lot of kills) and hes worrying about me typing rtv 10 times? that seems like fair and unbiased staff duties to me.

I said repeatedly that I had no chance of seeing the warning as you had everything relating to your chat disabled so that your chat was darkish light green.

No one has had issues with my chat colors. I can see them just fine, so can others.

ot only this immediately after gagging me he turned everything about his account back on making a deep dark red chat color a bright name and a bright title.

I haven't changed my chat colors for around a year and a half. They've been those colors for a long, long time. That statement right there is 100% false.

I was trying to open a trade to communicate with him and accepted once said "don't random trade" and then closed it before I could say much.

I wasn't aware that you were sending me trades to communicate, and sending trades without forewarning to the other player counts as random trades. There wasn't anything to discuss. You were warned, then punished accordingly.

someone sent 3 lenny faces in chat and he without warning muted him for 10 minutes.

I had warned him to not spam, he continued, and then I punished him. I had warned people about using not using racial slurs, which I also gagged for continuing to use racial slurs.

saying I spam when there is a user who spams keybinds that say "that's going in the montage" and "say hello to youtube" every time they kill someone (well spawn camping so they are getting a lot of kills) and hes worrying about me typing rtv 10 times?

I don't believe anyone was using those binds while I was on. And I don't think that the player could spam when you, Shutter, Noose, and I were talking in chat. The whole discussion the other day took up most of the chat.

Oh boy here we go. I was there that day and there are also chat logs I can pull up to back up anything I say here

So let's get started:

I said repeatedly that I had no chance of seeing the warning as you had everything relating to your chat disabled so that your chat was darkish light green. it made it hard to notice considering my chat colors where purple and yellow with a light teal colored title

@Goblins was most likely using All chat at that time. Now, his message would most definitely stick out from your Purple, Yellow, and Teal chat, especially with the little (All) before his message

and again rather then just apologize and drop the issue, hes been bending the story so it seems like he was the good guy

I mean let's be honest here, you were spamming, you were gagged, he kinda is the good guy. I don't see any reason for him to apologize about your spamming and your constant arguing after the fact. Which leads me to my next point:

after trying to reason with him every response from him was "Drop it" or "your where warned and punished fairly"

Now most of the time when someone is punished (after the 30 mins of course) they realize what they did wrong and usually drop it then. Since you know... you had 30 mins to cool off... But nope, you began to argue with him, tell him he wasn't doing his job correctly, and saying he should be demoted. Calling him things like "Princess", "Queen", and an abuser in chat. You were then kicked for continuing the argument when @Goblins said to stop

You then rejoined. After more arguing and Goblin saying that you'll be banned if you continue you finally said "Whatever. I'll shut up now" to which Goblin replied "Nothing else needs to be said" and "Thank you"

You then for some reason decided to re-rustle all your jimmies and said "YOU DID IT AGAIN". A lot like how you react when you die in TGH. You then called him a 5 year old, he tells you to drop it and you say that it's in fact Goblin causing it.

Goblin tells you one last time to stop instigating, to which you respond "I'm not the one instigating" then you use your bind: "Welcome To Tf2. Home Of Script Kiddies, Tryhards, And Shitty Admins"

I then accidentally hit a key bind which said in chat "Welcome to TF2. Home of Script Kiddies, Tryhards, And Bad Admins."

But in server chat you said this right afterwards: "sorry i was testing a bind i just made"

You didn't "accidentally" hit that bind, you just made it and decided to use it

In the end, I feel @Goblins shouldn't apologize, since he was doing his job, and that you just need to calm down from what was originally a VERY small punishment. Oh, and don't say you aren't mad, I see how you talk to others on TGH :^)

If you read the admin handbook, and the TF2 general Motd, and read how it went down (Thanks @Bone ). you can clearly deduct that you were in the wrong here. sorry mate.

What I got from this is that you are salty about your ban and about goblin doing his job. He could've banned you for MUCH longer if he really felt like it, if you care about the servers at all you should be happy it was only a day ban. All I can say here is learn some respect and listen to people and you won't have to deal with a ban or making threads like this. Not trying to be a dick, just tellin the truth, lol.

i retyped this reply twice. I'm sorry. I said it. I have anger issues so my temper is extremely short. I just want to drop this already. but every time i try to he says "You where warned and punished fairly" if he hadn't said that every time i tried to drop this I wouldn't have gotten so pissed off. I'm sorry for being a bitch about this. I'm sorry for fighting as much as possible basically. ill try to be more calm from now on its just hard with my anger issues. I get bullied IRL and have no friends so its really hard on me sometimes. I am sorry about causing this big ordeal I realize how stupid i sounded before and I'm sure you probably think I'm lying or something now to get pitty or something. I'm not. I'm sorry and ill try not to complain anymore about things like this.

P.S. I have no idea why but at I get bullied IRL it started putting the typo line under everything i typed so sorry if i misspelled something.

As someone who's played quite a bit with Kiriy I think this might all be being blown out of proportion. He hasn't been playing on the server for very long, and I really don't doubt him being confused by the things he's said he's been confused by. I haven't had any problems with him and he's by and large added the fun to the server when he's been on, which is quite a lot. I guess all I can say is that I give Kiriy the benefit of the doubt for being new but super active and while Goblin isn't in the wrong here, I can see how things not being explained past a warning could be irritating seeing as he honestly wouldn't know why this happened. Nothing should happen to either party, Kiriy should read all the rules, and then he should apply for membership c:

• Use teamchat with an @ at the beginning to communicate with staff, it works even while gagged.

• A gag can be used in place of a warning/as a warning

• You should not continue to argue once asked to stop

• The ban should have only been a max of 6 hrs

I'm sorry and ill try not to complain anymore about things like this.

There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism. If you are concerned, feel free to voice your opinion on things.

You should have just not mentioned it again and everything would have been fine, that's probably what he meant by saying "drop it".

• The gag was justified.

• The ban was justified.

I think that's it for now, try not to argue with staff and make sure you're familiar with the rules: Tf2 General Motd. OP even admitted he was wrong.

No action will be taken against @Goblins.

-closed

Edited by Bello (see edit history)