Forest

Paid Ranks

Just curious to hear from the Higher-Ups what the situation is on Paid ranks such as Paid Moderator and Paid Administrator. Are these ranks still a thing? If so, what is the one-time fee for each respective rank? @Rhododendron @Nomulous @Scootaloo @kbraszzz @Hidingmaster

Reason I ask is out of curiousity and the fact that our Steam Group still highlights it as a feature in our community :coffee:

Personally I am against these ranks. They can pollute the server with people who do not deserve or can handle the powers. There have been issues in the past where immature members paid and had powers and we're disruptive to the server. I know it is a good way to raise money to pay for servers but what are we giving up in order to get that money?

Personally I am against these ranks. They can pollute the server with people who do not deserve or can handle the powers. There have been issues in the past where immature members paid and had powers and we're disruptive to the server.

This right here.

There was a guy who had paid to receive moderator status. He was nothing but a problem. Plus why would people be able to buy promotions? You wouldn't pay someone to hire you as a store manager. You have to prove that you're capable of holding that role.

Personally I am against these ranks. They can pollute the server with people who do not deserve or can handle the powers. There have been issues in the past where immature members paid and had powers and we're disruptive to the server. I know it is a good way to raise money to pay for servers but what are we giving up in order to get that money?

I know you guys are lazy but damn... is it really too hard to just remove their powers when they abuse and then not let them buy it a second time?

I know you guys are lazy but darn... is it really too hard to just remove their powers when they abuse and then not let them buy it a second time?

Yes it's easy but then it reflects bad on the community as a whole. Nobody wants to join the servers because anyone can simply purchase powers and have at it with the players.

It's probably not coming back.

Yes it's easy but then it reflects bad on the community as a whole. Nobody wants to join the servers because anyone can simply purchase powers and have at it with the players.

I was under the impression that not ANYONE could just do it, and that you had to be sort of approved of by the CLs before buying it.

I know you guys are lazy but darn... is it really too hard to just remove their powers when they abuse and then not let them buy it a second time?

It's not about being lazy. If the only way someone can get mod is by paying for it then there is a significantly higher chance they are not going to be a good mod. They dont even have to abuse they will just bring down the quality of moderation we have on the server. With summer here pretty much we are trying to have the best staff possible why would we willingly pollute it with kids (it is mostly kids who buy it) who have no idea what they are doing. Why not just stop it before we have a problem.

Seems like it isn't gonna be a thing for any division, but paid mod has been absolutely awful in cs history and 99.9% will not be coming back

I was under the impression that not ANYONE could just do it, and that you had to be sort of approved of by the CLs before buying it.

If the CLs think they can handle being staff, why would they have to buy it?

All I needed to hear. Steam Group has been updated to reflect that and as such is no longer promoting Paid Moderator/Administrator ranks in the description. #RequestClose