Kypari

Suggestion: Staff Get A Private Sub-forum

I know it's possible to have private sub-forums that only DM's, DL's and CL's can see. I think it would be neat to have a private sub-forum for staff members of each division. For example a private Sub-Forum for TF2 Staff including moderators, admins (etc). There could be one for CS:GO, Garry's Mod and other games that have active servers. Maybe implement this? @all higher-ups

Isn't this already a thing? I remember hearing some of the higher ups talk about about this existing before.

It was mentioned briefly, but it never happened. Personally I'm indifferent on it.

It was mentioned briefly, but it never happened. Personally I'm indifferent on it.

You could discuss new rules, newly found exploits (etc) in the sub-forums and would make communication of these issues and ideas a lot simpler for all of us. That's what I think it should be intended for personally.

Having spent some more time thinking about this I'm having a hard time figuring out some actual good uses for a admin/mod forum. Mods and Admins honestly aren't anything special and most issues either get brought up to dms/dls or are discussed here on forums and then get resolved (usually within 24hrs).

@MineCrack has a good point. Why do we need to keep stuff hidden between divisions? I personally get on TF2 sometimes and if rules were considered being changed i would like to be able to discuss it with others, or atleast get to know about it. Members are also as encouraged to discuss rules and report glitches as anyone else and taking that away from them and locking them behind a forum just makes thing hard for the community to voice their opinions. The only thing i can see this being used for is drama, and that's not a good enough reason to have one imo.

EDIT: Besides, there's already an admin forum for people that are dm+

Edited by virr (see edit history)

no.

considering at least 2/3rds if not more of the current people who actually post on the forums are server staff this would just fuck any forum activity that we barely have in the first place

aside from this, mods/admins have very little power. having their own forums couldn't possibly amount to anything useful. if you need something done by the higher ups you ask them. if you want to suggest changes you would do so where everyone can see, including members, because members are also important to the discussion they just might not have as much time to spend babysitting unlike the mods/admins

bad idea overall imo

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I personally think this is a great idea because we can hide the activity of each division from each other. This is also good because we successfully achieve our goal here of segregating all of the divisions even further.

[attach=full]26357[/attach]

It's not hiding anything. CL's, DM's and DL's of each division could be in them. It's just so much simpler than going around every single staff member to tell them something just to post a thread and deal with things privately so that members can't see the private discussions. Things like exploits and whatnot found on the servers can be discussed there because if they're posted openly on the forums, more people will find out about them. This happened before: you could move the vending machine on one map into a door so the door would be permanently closed. If this was discussed behind the scenes, then multiple people would never have gotten banned.

I can definitely see how this would be hiding things from other people but I just feel like if there was a private forum things would be so much easier. Each to their own I guess :/

It's not hiding anything. CL's, DM's and DL's of each division could be in them. It's just so much simpler than going around every single staff member to tell them something just to post a thread and deal with things privately so that members can't see the private discussions. Things like exploits and whatnot found on the servers can be discussed there because if they're posted openly on the forums, more people will find out about them. This happened before: you could move the vending machine on one map into a door so the door would be permanently closed. If this was discussed behind the scenes, then multiple people would never have gotten banned.

I can definitely see how this would be hiding things from other people but I just feel like if there was a private forum things would be so much easier. Each to their own I guess :/

With this you remove transparency other members want. Not only that you give members from other divisions even less interaction with the other, I do not think a gaming clan should be like that at all.

Also, if someone were to abuse an exploit on the forums and gotten banned then it is their own fault. Someone willing to break rules like that would have done it eventually, better sooner than later.

I'm happy to do this and create a global staff section. I think discussion amongst staff would be helpful and bring attention to issues that we as a whole can fix. It wouldn't be per staff group though but for any and all staff.

However the criticism about segregation between staff and the rest of the community is a sound argument, and we really do need activity spread across the entire website rather than just one spot.

I just want to see forum activity increase and get new members and new content so I can view the website and see tons of new things posted.

I'm happy to do this and create a global staff section. I think discussion amongst staff would be helpful and bring attention to issues that we as a whole can fix. It wouldn't be per staff group though but for any and all staff.

However the criticism about segregation between staff and the rest of the community is a sound argument, and we really do need activity spread across the entire website rather than just one spot.

I just want to see forum activity increase and get new members and new content so I can view the website and see tons of new things posted.

I completely agree with this. Having a private staff sub-forum for all staff members to use should prove very useful. If things need to be addressed with members we can talk about it in a public sub-forum.

If everyone else if happy with this I'm happy. Whatever everyone else wants goes in my book. :)

As long as we can support both an admin forum and a "normal" forum in down for it. I Don't think we currently have the population for it though. -1 for now, +1 in the future.

What would this admin fourm even have?

You could discuss new rules, newly found exploits (etc) in the sub-forums and would make communication of these issues and ideas a lot simpler for all of us. That's what I think it should be intended for personally.
exploits that are found can be posted in a normal thread can't they? Or you could just pm dms or dls. As for new rules I clarify them with other staff members then enforce them as so.