Vexx

Poll To Add A Unicode (lenny) Filter To All Servers

Add a unicode filter to all xG TF2 servers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Add a unicode filter to all xG TF2 servers?

• No
    • Yes

I'm fine with whatever you guys decide, just understand that it can feel like a slippery slope if you start filtering out memes like lennies. People might question what else you might filter out in the future.

Just my 2 cents

Lenny faces are annoying, and it's a shame that we seem to be the "Lenny Face Graveyard". Although, do we really need to filter lenny faces? No we honestly don't. They're annoying as hell, but you really shouldn't let a stupid set of characters put your knickers in a bunch.

Lenny face gives more of a "haha joke!" or smug emphasis onto a statement, but even without the face the statement could still be offensive/a joke. For example, let's take these two phrases: "Wow, you are fucking stupid and suck at this game." and "Wow, you are fucking stupid and suck at this game ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)". Both statements could be considered a joke/offensive, but you're going to look at the statement with the lenny face and erupt.

Stop and think about what's angering you. A damn meme.

What Blank said is what should be worried about. Putting a filter on racial slurs or other super offensive material.

If a person on the server is trolling around (using lenny or not), then staff should be punishing them. If not, then there is a problem.

Again, I don't care for lenny faces, but you don't see me grabbing a pitchfork and torch to kill them. Like come on, guys.

All the people saying it's annoying and immature so we should remove it, are even more annoying and immature for getting triggered by lennies but I digress.....

Actually no I don't lol WTF is this, we've been here before, and Lennies are still here so I'm predicting a repeat win by the memers.

Since when is TGH North Korea? with this and the random crits it seems like people just want a quiet DM server without chat, or fun.

If these goes through and xG still wants to be honest, change the name to DMGH, traders won't be hanging around, and neither will us filthy casuals.

Lol edited for -1

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

According to some bello is not going to make a unicode ban or remove random crits so can we close these threads if that is true?

If that's how @Bello feels, then yeah I guess he can close these. Wasn't ever my idea anyway, just making the polls for those who wanted them.

What? Both is possible.

Eh, cool to see that both are possible. I just saw some people on pokemon saying bello wouldnt do it. Could we do a test run on the week of the next promo/demo?

Eh, cool to see that both are possible. I just saw some people on pokemon saying bello wouldnt do it. Could we do a test run on the week of the next promo/demo?

No, it has already been tested and it's working just fine. We will disable crits/lennies if the votes pass.

All the people saying it's annoying and immature so we should remove it, are even more annoying and immature for getting triggered by lennies but I digress.....

Actually no I don't lol WTF is this, we've been here before, and Lennies are still here so I'm predicting a repeat win by the memers.

Since when is TGH North Korea? with this and the random crits it seems like people just want a quiet DM server without chat, or fun.

If these goes through and xG still wants to be honest, change the name to DMGH, traders won't be hanging around, and neither will us filthy casuals.

Lol edited for -1

Holy shit, people are actually comparing this shit to north korea. I can't believe it. It's blizzard and GG EZ all over again.

Holy fudge, people are actually comparing this fudge to north korea. I can't believe it. It's blizzard and GG EZ all over again.

*Actually comparing this shit to north korea*

*Actually*

*I posted it*

Bit of a stretch m8

*Actually comparing this shit to north korea*

*Actually*

*I posted it*

Bit of a stretch m8

I have no idea what you're trying to say here fam.