Regin360

Regin360 - Team Fortress 2

Revoking the Player's mic/chat privileges would have sufficed just as well (for the duration of a round, map, whatever, don't know how TF2 works) and could have been just as effective without being detrimental.

I was going to mention that as well but I was busy and distracted at the time.

It’s not like they were spawnkilling again, if it was a second count on spawn killing or any other thing then yes a week would be adequate... doing a week for

speaking their native tongue because they got excited or otherwise enthused over something

is just nuts in my opinion.

Personally I feel it should be handled like this :

Example:

Person’s Bans

Ban 1 - Spawnkilling (1 Day)

Ban 2 - English Only (Mute/Gag or if necessary, 1 Day)

Ban 3 - Any Broken Rules (1 week)

and so on...

This seems more of a fair and less harsh thing; yes they need to be taught a lesson but for something as minuscule as a tiny bit of foreign language is NOT worth that much time.

And again, not vouching. Just voicing my thoughts.

snip

I'm basing this off of the actual system we're meant to use. I also warned OP that I would ban them for a week the next time they did it but they spoke anyway. People learn better if they're banned rather than gagging/muting. Continuously gagging/muting someone or doing so for a long period of time doesn't necessarily allow people to learn.

@Bello @Rejects for their input on this thread as it is a time-sensitive matter that should be resolved sooner rather than later; otherwise, there is no point in the submission of a Ban Protest if by the time it's dealt with the ban-time has already run its course :coffee:

@Bello @Rejects for their input on this thread as it is a time-sensitive matter that should be resolved sooner rather than later; otherwise, there is no point in the submission of a Ban Protest if by the time it's dealt with the ban-time has already run its course :coffee:

That is to say, a decision to be made (couldn't edit post, apologies for the spam).

I have to agree with what's been said. I still think that a punishment was justified, but a week is too much. With my previous posts I have been assuming the first ban was for the same offence.

I'm fine with unbanning OP today. Also @Kypari.

I disagree that a week is too much but I'm fine with them being unbanned since I know they've learnt their lesson (y)(y)