Bone

Second Language Advice

It's actually correct but I think learning German is really useless, especially if you're living somewhere in the U.S.

Also it's not as easy as you have portrayed it ;).

It really is useless but you can shout almost any word and sound like Hitler. You can scare people by yelling mustard (senf)

depending what type of job you gonna work as in the future. For example a business major usually goes mandarin as their second language due to chinas economic growth and most foreign businesses are from china. But if you live in states like texas or california, spanish is always a great choice because most of the states population consist of latin americans.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Learn other language it's hard and takes too much time. If you don't practice a lot,probably you will forget the grammar and the vocabulary.:(

When I started coming to the surf server I didn't know any single word of English,I used to change the colors of my trails to comunicate, I got ban once for bad understand the rules Since I used To traslate the rules by Google Translatetor ( DO NOT TRUST GOOGLE ) ....PLOP , look at me now! thanks for the Constant practice at the Surf server ,i can speak and understand english. if the surf server weren't exist , i would NOT speak English right now.Personally, I recommend you spanish in your case because You are living and working in Texas now, there are people who speak Spanish So you could practice Spanish with those people to improve your language quickly like me with my english.(y)

¡Concha de mono!....Este párrafo me tomo como una hora.. Plop! y me olvide hacer mi tarea de ingles.

I'll be learning it through a program my employer offers. Plus, I have to log in a certain amount time in a month, so I think I'll learn it fairly quickly.

It really is useless but you can shout almost any word and sound like Hitler. You can scare people by yelling mustard (senf)

This was my plan if I were to go with Norwegian. I'm also part Norwegian, so that's another excuse why. I could always go with Icelandic and no one would know what the hell I'm saying.

depending what type of job you gonna work as in the future. For example a business major usually goes mandarin as their second language due to chinas economic growth and most foreign businesses are from china. But if you live in states like texas or california, spanish is always a great choice because most of the states population consist of latin americans.

In Houston there's also a huge Chinese population, which is why it's somewhat practical, but Spanish probably more so.

I'll be learning it through a program my employer offers. Plus, I have to log in a certain amount time in a month, so I think I'll learn it fairly quickly.

This was my plan if I were to go with Norwegian. I'm also part Norwegian, so that's another excuse why. I could always go with Icelandic and no one would know what the hell I'm saying.

In Houston there's also a huge Chinese population, which is why it's somewhat practical, but Spanish probably more so.

Do Icelandic. It's unique and I have actually never heard Icelandic before. But I would actually want to learn Russian tbh

I'd personally suggest French and Mandarin Chinese.

Since there is a huge amount of the world that speaks Mandarin, I'd suggest that. However, Mandarin is a hard language; especially written letters in Chinese, which requires complicated strokes. But I'd say speaking is easier.

I'm Canadian so I'm kinda biased to French, and you'll find quite a lot of people that speaks french in North America& Europe. Grammar in french is a hassle.

Both these languages will likely increase your chances at work, etc. But I'd say Mandarin will be more commonly used, as French is rarer, but usually higher level people will speak it more commonly.

I'm Canadian so I'm kinda biased to French, and you'll find quite a lot of people that speaks french in North America& Europe. Grammar in french is a hassle.

Both these languages will likely increase your chances at work, etc. But I'd say Mandarin will be more commonly used, as French is rarer, but usually higher level people will speak it more commonly.

What country in Europe other than like France, Belgium and Switzerland speak french? Also, what do you mean with "higher level people"?

Personally, i would go with Spanish(or Portuguese), Chinese or German if you're looking for learning a language that might be useful later on/putting on a resume. If you're looking to learn a language purely for fun, I'd say any language that doesn't use the roman alphabet would be really fun to know.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

What country in Europe other than like France, Belgium and Switzerland speak french? Also, what do you mean with "higher level people"?

Personally, i would go with Spanish(or Portuguese), Chinese or German if you're looking for learning a language that might be useful later on/putting on a resume. If you're looking to learn a language purely for fun, I'd say any language that doesn't use the roman alphabet would be really fun to know.

Scratch that, It's hard to define.

But, there are many individuals that speak French all around the world, not just in Europe, they may be kinda scattered, but it'll be worth your time.