Ms.Spooks

Pokemon Trade Has Too Many Goldenrods

Which goldenrod to keep?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which goldenrod to keep?

• Trade_Goldenrodcity_v1b(The classic)
    • Trade_goldenrodcity_b3(The updated)
    • Trade_goldenrodcity_v1c(Classic but night time)

In case anyone's confused, I'll try to explain the differences, if someone wants to give the actual names for each one, feel free, I don't remember and don't have them all downloaded atm.

- We have the first Goldenrod with textures from the original GB/GBC original Gold/Silver/Crystal games, made to-scale with the characters from TF2. This is the one where projectiles and bullets will not pass through trees. (The Original.)

- We have the second Goldenrod, made by Cold Endeavor (I think), this version is slightly smaller than the original Goldenrod, and is notable for its skybox (accessible via noclip), as well as its "purple-ish" water. Within this map, projectiles and bullets will pass through trees.

- We have the third and final Goldenrod. This one is notable for its textures and models from the DS' Heart-Gold/Soul-Silver versions. (I also think it can only be "night" on the map, but I don't remember and can't check atm.) Within this map, projectiles and bullets will pass through trees. (This map is also the only one with the train rail elevated above the main road near read spawn.) Essentially this map just looks better.

In case anyone's confused, I'll try to explain the differences, if someone wants to give the actual names for each one, feel free, I don't remember and don't have them all downloaded atm.

- We have the first Goldenrod with textures from the original GB/GBC original Gold/Silver/Crystal games, made to-scale with the characters from TF2. This is the one where projectiles and bullets will not pass through trees. (The Original.)

- We have the second Goldenrod, made by Cold Endeavor (I think), this version is slightly smaller than the original Goldenrod, and is notable for its skybox (accessible via noclip), as well as its "purple-ish" water. Within this map, projectiles and bullets will pass through trees.

- We have the third and final Goldenrod. This one is notable for its textures and models from the DS' Heart-Gold/Soul-Silver versions. (I also think it can only be "night" on the map, but I don't remember and can't check atm.) Within this map, projectiles and bullets will pass through trees. (This map is also the only one with the train rail elevated above the main road near read spawn.) Essentially this map just looks better.

thank you Lan I have a very low mental capacity

If this is the case I think we should keep the night one and the updated one personally.

Personally, I dislike Cold's version of goldenrod. The skybox includes more buildings (in addition to the ones in the main city), which just makes it harder to render if you have r_3dsky enabled, people constantly roll noclip to it, then teleport their whole team there, effectively separating both teams and eliminating any action for however long they please. I also find the map being small just annoying in general, as there's less space to move, and a lot of the "sneaky spots" are no longer available. It also has that obnoxious orange lighting, and kool-aid water. +1

Edited by Guest (see edit history)