Ms.Spooks

Pokemon Trade Has Too Many Goldenrods

Which goldenrod to keep?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which goldenrod to keep?

• Trade_Goldenrodcity_v1b(The classic)
    • Trade_goldenrodcity_b3(The updated)
    • Trade_goldenrodcity_v1c(Classic but night time)

I think it's time to clean out these goldenrod maps. I get it's the most popular map, but it's like Tgh having 2 clocktowns or surf having 2 air arenas. It's time for some of them to go in my opinion. Pokemon needs more maps anyways.

The one with the secret room in the lake due to people building nest and me and Val destroying it ever time. (No idea what map it is but maybe updated)

Honestly, just get rid of v1b or v1c, some people like b3 and I myself enjoy playing on v1b/v1c because both are easier to run my game on (my pc blows :[ )

V1b = no secret room (frewie's room (frewie is the creator))

b3 = the only one that has the secret room

V1c = same thing as v1b, but night themed.

And to clarify, b3 is the oldest one out of the bunch, b3 was built by Frewie, and v1c and v1b were created *I think* by someone in this clan. Otherwise, the guy was the one who created Kogane and Enju City. Again I am not sure of this myself, but none of them are on the workshop as of right now which confuses me so I cannot solidify this fact.

If it is possible to change the poll, or close this one and open a different one asking "Which theme would you rather have for the classic goldenrod map? V1b, or V1c?"

Edited by Tatost (see edit history)

And to clarify, b3 is the oldest one out of the bunch, b3 was built by Frewie, and v1c and v1b were created *I think* by someone in this clan. Otherwise, the guy was the one who created Kogane and Enju City. Again I am not sure of this myself, but none of them are on the workshop as of right now which confuses me so I cannot solidify this fact.

The creator you speak of is @ColdEndeavour . He created enju, kogane, v1b and v1c, ecruteak, general trade, bunker, and delfino plaza

As for my opinion keep the night one and b3

Edit: also as tatost said this poll should be redone. It's filled with inaccuracies. B3 is the classic, first of all. And we should be voting to remove one only, not keep one only, since b3 is different enough, well liked, and has history on our server (pokemon was 24/7 b3 for years)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This is mainly just a request to remove the other goldenrods. Sorry if there are some confusions about which map is which. I just remember the one with the secret room as being the classic one, while b3 Has more music options and cleaner design overall. That's why I thought it was the updated version. However. There is no denying that they are all still the same map 2 of which are exactly the same but day and night skyboxes. I just find it detrimental to the health of the pokemon servers when it's stuck on the same map with slight variation. Then when people try to vote off it another one takes it's place. It's just redundancy at it's finest in my opinion. Besides if we can get rid of the extras we should have more reason to introduce more maps into rotation. Pokemon isn't getting the same treatment as the other more popular servers at the moment and I would like to push to get new attention and growth. That's ultimately the goal I have in mind for removing the other two. Obviously it's the higher ups decision in the end, so if you can get more people to comment that you think it should be redone I'll gladly close it early and make another one more appropriate forall of your tastes.

This is mainly just a request to remove the other goldenrods. Sorry if there are some confusions about which map is which. I just remember the one with the secret room as being the classic one, while b3 Has more music options and cleaner design overall. That's why I thought it was the updated version. However. There is no denying that they are all still the same map 2 of which are exactly the same but day and night skyboxes. I just find it detrimental to the health of the pokemon servers when it's stuck on the same map with slight variation. Then when people try to vote off it another one takes it's place. It's just redundancy at it's finest in my opinion. Besides if we can get rid of the extras we should have more reason to introduce more maps into rotation. Pokemon isn't getting the same treatment as the other more popular servers at the moment and I would like to push to get new attention and growth. That's ultimately the goal I have in mind for removing the other two. Obviously it's the higher ups decision in the end, so if you can get more people to comment that you think it should be redone I'll gladly close it early and make another one more appropriate forall of your tastes.

People favor b3 and some the other two, this is our point. Keep b3 100%, but vote on the remaining two.

We need variety in the server, with only 2 maps.... it would get old really fast.

Uh Variety isn't in these maps. and there isn't only 2 maps in rotation even after 2 removed. Getting rid of redundant maps is part of variety. I don't understand what you're saying could you clarify.

1 of the goldenrod is updated day and night....

I really don't understand what you're talking about, no offense.

You say that we have little variety but we have 3 of the same map just small tweaks that hardly make them unique and then 3 other entirely new maps. If you're saying that 3 of the same map, 2 of which being just day/night, is a variety, that's wacky.