Tekk

Policy On Slurs

28 minutes ago, tree_ said:

If that's the case, then why not allow playful use of all of them instead of just one? That's an idea. 

I have never warned someone for saying "My nigga". My thing was more so saying if someone says "dipshit" out of frustration during a game, it's not a big deal, but I don't want them yelling the N word out of frustration which is why I would warn them. 

56 minutes ago, Aegean said:

I have never warned someone for saying "My nigga". My thing was more so saying if someone says "dipshit" out of frustration during a game, it's not a big deal, but I don't want them yelling the N word out of frustration which is why I would warn them. 

Even playfully I wouldn't allow slurs like that on the server. IMO, that is the kind of stuff you do with your friends in a friend-only session, knowing they're ok with it. Also again as I previously mentioned I do think that they can promote more immaturity and toxicity and that is not the kind of audience I want xG attracting to.

55 minutes ago, DiaperHyperWolf said:

Even playfully I wouldn't allow slurs like that on the server. IMO, that is the kind of stuff you do with your friends in a friend-only session, knowing they're ok with it. Also again as I previously mentioned I do think that they can promote more immaturity and toxicity and that is not the kind of audience I want xG attracting to.

So what would be your solution, warning/mutes on slurs, regardless of context?

2 minutes ago, Aegean said:

So what would be your solution, warning/mutes on slurs, regardless of context?

I haven't really thought too hard on a better solution but I think something like what Tekage suggested could work. Instead of warning > muting > kicking > banning we could start with a warn and then from there on just do extended mutes instead of handing out kicks/bans. I do think that could be a quite fair compromise. Keep them against the rules but reduce the punishment that is given out for them.

9 hours ago, DiaperHyperWolf said:

I haven't really thought too hard on a better solution but I think something like what Tekage suggested could work. Instead of warning > muting > kicking > banning we could start with a warn and then from there on just do extended mutes instead of handing out kicks/bans. I do think that could be a quite fair compromise. Keep them against the rules but reduce the punishment that is given out for them.

Not going to a higher punishment isn't that bad of an idea but the thing is staff never really take extended mutes seriously and it just ends up with the same person receiving tons of 30 min mutes because people don't bother checking or caring about past ones which makes the punishment mean almost nothing, which is what happened a lot back in the day when it came to extended mutes for mic spam.

6 hours ago, MinerTeddy said:

Can I call Mince "wheels" and can I call all TF2 players "yiffers" or "yiffas"

You can say yiffas but not yiffers

6 hours ago, Rabid said:

later niggas

Later my n word with a hard r

On 6/25/2019 at 5:05 PM, Aegean said:

So are you saying we should let people say "my nigga", but no other racist slurs (including hard r)? As long as it's not extensive?

Finding it a little hard to reach a conclusion here 😞

3 hours ago, Tekk said:

So are you saying we should let people say "my nigga", but no other racist slurs (including hard r)? As long as it's not extensive?

@Jacklyn you were right all along

4 hours ago, Tekk said:

Finding it a little hard to reach a conclusion here 😞

No, if you're uncomfortable with "nigga" in the servers, feel free to warn.

I said I personally don't warn for something like that when it's clear there's no discourse between the two people because the whole point of being staff in a server (in my opinion) is to make sure everyone is having a good time. If there's immature dialogue but it's all in good fun, I tend to not ruin the atmosphere. That being said, I won't let racism run rampant, and there is a difference for most people between the hard R and nigga, but it's not the end of the world if you feel necessary to enforce them the same way.  

Policy on slurs will remain unchanged.

However, if if it's all in good faith and everyone is enjoying themselves, please use lesser punishment (admin discretion) unless it becomes excessive.

If anyone has any inquiries, please feel free to dm me on discord.