Tsuchikure

Admin "Rule changing"

What has pissed me off lately, Is who i should trust with following rules. I've had talks with many admins so i made a thread about it (I don't have 100% proof but the people who i've talked to can probably tell us in this thread.

[attach]4751[/ATTACH][attach]4752[/ATTACH] Nevermind the pictures if they don't show up. Hopefully the people who are mainly in this will know what i'm talking about and reply (to fix it all up). @@Forest @@Gkoo @ShdowSpy - since im stupid and am bad with forums and this is my first thread ever made (Other than applying, which gave me everything to "fill in"). This is about confusing "Rule-changes" that i am going through. (Forest/Gkoo say one thing, Other admins say otherwise about rules) (((((And if those goddamn screenshots dont show up... Someone's gonna pay.. And Autumn will be bad))))) Everything is too long for me to say, it always is. :D the main point here is STOP CHANGING RULES AND JUST SAYING OTHER STAFF ARE DERPS FOR NOT FOLLOWING IT YOUR WAY (if you can). (This is not posted to aim at few admins, im talking about ALL of them.)

Fucking pictures, man. I'll leave this to my good buddy Imgur, (not advertising incase <3)

[MEDIA=imgur]V56M3sQ[/MEDIA] - [MEDIA=imgur]59Mi3aN[/MEDIA]

+1, some admins say something is a rule, and then the next one says the complete opposite, then the MOTD says one thing, and I hear someone DM say another. Too much confusion, needs to be handled and i KNOW someone got demoted (dont remember who) for making up rules that aren't true/didn't consult with other DMs or higher ups about the rule,and when a new rule is made, instead of only the admins that are on when its said there is a new rule hear it, it should be added to motd as soon as possible, for less confusion.

I am thinking about making a thread in css discussion where if you don't know if a rule is actually a rule, you can put that "rule" in as a post and me or someone els of HIGHER stature can answer their question.

Well looking at these, it seem you only questioned Shadow and Gkoo.. It's best to ask the higher up such as DM+ who works on the MOTD for jailbreak. Such as Serbian or Forest. They should understand the rules already since they're the one to work on them. Higher ups make the finial decision and admins under should follow by the rule of their understanding, If you disagree on a rule ask someone of equivalent power or higher.

1: I only questions shadow/gkoo/forest because they were basically the only 3 i lately remembered doing the same thing.

2: I've talked to admins/dms and each one say the others are derps and they're really following the true rules, and both of them goes like this: no DMs on to clarify their rules and enforce them? an admin slays you for not knowing and thinking your not following his own rules properly.

You should add these "changed" rules to the MOTD to reduce confusion, as said by shdowspy, regardless of higher ups saying it, mods/admins who don't know about their decisions will derp around.

Then many more things would be added to the motd.. We're still working on it, Just ask the higher up about the rules, Like DM or DL.. you could also ask me or Serbian. With the understanding from the higher-up, simply just follow base on their understanding of the rules and if any other admin below them follows a different understanding let them know and they are to follow it until they question about a rule they disagree on.

I'm still following the DM's rules since they gave it to me other than the admins, but you know. I don't wanna give it out because then i'd be a meanie... But whenever i tell someone theres just a "WHO TOLD YOU?" everywhere and (well i forget everything). Thus the server goes on following the wrong rules (sorta) :3

Before I even say anything, keep in mind that MotD Rules > Whatever Staff Members say, UNLESS whatever it is you're dealing with is NOT implemented or in the MotD Rules, in which case it is up to a Staff Member to clarify. That being said, i'll give my opinion on the Questions/Statements you have written down (my apologies for a lengthy post);

"If a T enters a 'cheap spot' instead of a vent, are you allowed to kill them?"

- This is a perfect example of what is/isn't explained via the MotD Rules. No where in the rules does it say that entering a Cheap Spot deems you as a Rebel. This is completely up in the air and differs from each Staff Member's opinion. As Shadow said, it depends on the context of this "Cheap Spot". Does it have a weapon in it such as the Tele Tower in 'Lego', or the AWP window on 'electric_razor'? Or is it just a Hidden Area such as on 'blackout'? Depending on the area, we Staff Members have to make a call because it is not determined in the MotD Rules.

"If the Warden orders a T and CT to knife fight, (not during pokemon/thunderdome) is it only allowed if both T/CT agrees?

- If both parties are willingly up for it, then I don't see why not. However; the Warden Cannot force it if the T is not in agreeance. This is due to the fact that the Warden cannot order a T to kill a CT.

"During a Joke Day, if 2/3 or 3/3 of the judges say "Die" before the T even says his joke, are you allowed to kill him?"

- Again, there is nothing in the MotD Rules in which covers this sort of scenario. It is up to the Staff Members who are on to make a call and give their judgement. I honestly do not condone killing a T when the joke has not been stated, as it is a Joke Day, not some sort of 'Executioner Day'. Consider this; If you were able to vote on the T before the Joke is given, what's stopping the CTs from voting No/Die to All of the Ts until the minimum amount of Ts are left?

"During any opinionated games (FR LR, Trivia (or something)), And the warden says "warden kills only" and the T who is suppost to get shot runs away/stacks with another T intentionally, are you allowed to kill them?"

- Regardless of whether or not it is 'Warden kills only', if at any point a T chooses to Rebel, they are Kill on Sight by anyone.

"During LR, if a CT intentionally freeshoots a T or freetazes, is he allowed to be slain?"

- Is the Terrorist rebelling? No, he isn't. The taser is only to be used against Rebels. However; I believe that if the Terrorist is fine with such actions (asking for it, etc) then it is acceptable. If at any point the T is freeshot or freetazed in a manner in which they did not want it, they are able to request a slay for the CT. Again, depending on the scenario, Staff Members must make the call and give their judgement. Freetazing as deemed by the MotD Rules is a slayable/teambannable offense. Freeshooting is not slayable. However; if it is intentionally being done (the CT is continuously shooting a T, meaning to harass them/lower their health) then the appropriate course of action would be to slay the offender.

"During LR, if the T does russian roulette, and places the CT in an area with guaranteed death (pit of doom, door, etc), is that allowed?"

- Because there are no rules for this, it is up to the Staff Members to give their opinion/judgement on the matter.

"During LR, if the T plays Deagle on Air, is the rule "Must be in the air at all times" implied?"

- Yes, because although we do not have a determined preset of rules for 'Deagle on Air', there is always a "No Cheating Is Implied" rule in general for All Last Requests. Unless stated otherwise by the T, you should be doing whatever it is that the Last Request implies (IE. Knife Fight implies you use Knives only, Shotgun Wars implies you use Shotguns only, Deagle on Air implies you use your Deagle in the Air, etc)

"During LR, if a T "Orders" you to do something, (i.e. all CTs stack up on my spray), are you suppost to do it?"

- No. The T may only give "orders" to the CT they are playing against in their Last Request. CTs however, must be in the same area as the T during Last Request at all times.

"Are CTs allowed to go rebel hunting without SEEING a rebel or getting permission from the warden?"

- Definitely not. In no way is this implied Anywhere in the MotD Rules. The MotD Rules state that CTs must be with Ts at All times. CTs are not permitted to go "rebel hunting" unless they have physically Seen a Rebel, or are ordered to by the Warden. There was a discussion a while back regarding this, and many players/members have been misinterpreting it. The discussion was whether or not CTs had to ask for permission from the Warden to Pursue a Rebel. This discussion ended with CTs being able to PURSUE a REBEL without the permission from Warden. No where in the discussion was "CTs can leave the Ts if under suspicion of a Rebel" established. Long story short, people have been lead to believe that you can go looking for rebels whenever you want. You may not just randomly go searching for Rebels unless you physically saw one, or were ordered to by the Warden.

Hopefully this clarifies any problems and answers any questions you may have.

- Dat guy, Forest

Well you should just tell them.. so they would stop questioning, They can take it to the higher up to argue about it.

Yeah. I know. These questions were already answered by Shadow (captain obvious)

But still, It's not the admins who go complaining to the higher ups about rules when they are suppost to run the server the best they can. I think it's fine, but just pisses me off when someone says "Hey, can you do this?" I try to help and give the answer the LAST staff member (or mostly the highest ranking) what was said, And an admin says otherwise about it. That's how stuff went continuously. :/

EDIT: Including those questions, I was wondering about them to avoid any confusion later on when someone thinks thats not allowed, and the staff member has no idea what to do... And just to avoid being slain, I'm not the person who'd like to know 50% of things anymore and probably get in trouble for it :p

I will still have questions later on. I demoted Shadow to my personal question-answerer (because thats all i have). Better an admin telling me than bothering someone higher up (which i dont feel good about doing)

and the lengthy post was fancy..

@@Forest If at all possible, can these "tbd by staff members" be added to the MOTD? It seems that this is causing the confusion since it can be either decison.

For example: Terrorist #1 plays Russian Roulette with CT #1 but spawns him in a place where he can be killed. He does NOT get slain. Next round, there is a new staff member who joins the game. Terrorist #1 gets lr again. He plays Russian Roulette with CT #1 spawns him where he can be killed. This staff member slays him. Now Terrorist #1 complains about how no body else slays him for it.

As by this WONDERFUL example, there is a confusion. For me the rule does not matter because I like to play fun lr games. So if this could just be stated it was be great thank you.

So @@Forest I slayed someone for the last rule and every staff member said he is allowed to rebel hunt even if there are no ts rebelling. so the guy i slayed was going to the portal without seeing a rebel or asking to rebel hunt. So this i did call right but other staff members won't say any names but it was mods/admins more than 2,that said it was a free slay and I listened. so nothing else happened. If you want i could PM you the names that I remember.

Thanks Forest for posting this i wasn't positive if it was a real rule. can you make everyone read your post please, the need to read it all, because they switch the rules around and tell everyone while its not the real rule.

~Superkiller67

• Who Viewed the Topic

3 members have viewed this topic:
    Elcark Wave420_ Kypari