Brian

Great Job

*cough* no one answers gkoo

Long story short, A guy called 8bit got pissed at Silence for taking his TF2 map without his consent. So he makes a blog post about it saying how everybody on XG is a liar and a thief. Silence then addresses the issue saying that 8bit posted the map online for people to use and it's under Valve's ToS so he wasn't doing anything bad. The part that pisses off 8bit is because they talked about it before and he still said no but silence went behind his back and took it anyway but it was still under Steam ToS so, once again, he wasn't doing anything wrong since the map was public for people to use.

Hail Satan.

I think the level this guy is getting upset on is truly ridiculous. It is the internet and these maps will be going around regardless of what he wants, if it wasn't Silence it just would have been someone else. In a perfect world, the map makers would be rewarded for their contribution to the community and the game, but it's the internet and Valve's TOS don't allow for that.

It's understandable that the guy's upset about Silence lying, but I mean at the end of the day what Silence is doing isn't breaking any actual set rules. The act of lying to the map maker may have upset him, but it doesn't exactly warrant releasing IP's and calling xG a community of thieves because of the actions of one man.

Silence messed up by lying, but this guy is blowing it way out of proportion and some of you seem to be taking this reallllly seriously. I mean think about it, unless server owners make every single one of their maps on their own they are essentially "stealing" other people's map. It was bad that he lied and put the map up, but it isn't anything that deserves calling an entire community false things..

Not only did you manage to piss off one of the largest map/model makers in TF2, but now you're in even deeper shit, because he has a ton of connections.

OH SHIT!!! YOU PISSED OFF SOME GUY WITH NO JOB!!! LOOK OUT! HIS PAREN....I MEAN CONNECTIONS ARE GONNA GET YOU!!!

First, if it's uploaded anyone can use it, VALVe's ToS states that any map online is fair-game for use. It's only a copyright violation if I were to decompile it and release an edited version (which I have not done).

This ^

INB4 bunch of noob leave xG

#Matsi4C2013

Not only did you manage to piss off one of the largest map/model makers in TF2, but now you're in even deeper shit, because he has a ton of connections.

#Matsi4C2013

You're a fag.

#Matsi4C2013

You're a fag.

LOL REALLY?! Being called that by people stopped hurting me when I was like 10, and realized it was true :p

AND THAT'S FURFAG!!! GET IT RIGHT #YIFFINHELLFURFAG

*cough* no one answers gkoo

Short version:

~Silence got this guys map and put it on TF2

~Guy is mad

matsi shut the fuck up, if we wanted your opinion we would ask for it, until then, try a little something called "not opening ur mouth or mashing ur keyboard"

just adding that, also anyone causing grief to 8bit or his servers will be permed and kicked out from the clan, u will never be able to be unbanned either