Forest

Regarding MoTD "Edits"

If the T’s are locked in Cells' date=' ISO, or any other location the last CT MUST let the T's out and [b']give them at least 10 seconds to run[/b].

So, recently our members (as well as myself, including a few Staff Members) have noticed some questionable changes regarding the MoTD for our Counter-Strike: Source Division. The edit above is one of a few changes in which none of us were even notified or made aware of and is now in the MoTD Rules.

I'm not posting this thread to spite anyone or to get anyone demoted, nor am I posting it for any such negative responses. I am merely letting it be known that this is something that we, as Staff Members, should be notified of. Whether it be through a simple "Edit: (rule being edited) (date) (time of day)" or more preferably sent through our xG:Leadership group via Announcements or Events (preferably both. Events because it will pop-up on the screen, announcements because it'll be there in written text). If neither of these two are an acceptable means of letting us know, then at least post a thread in CS:S Discussion and mention all of the Staff Members (IE. @[name])

Minor/slight adjustments are the only things we shouldn't be notified of (rules that are simply fixed due to grammar or loopholing), but any edits that involve "serious" penalties such as slays (in this particular case, the slaying of Last CT for not giving time or even a teamban) should be broadcasted to us so that we may enforce it.

Just giving my opinion on this whole thing, going to be going over the MoTD Rules for any other rule changes/edits that we were not informed of. If I see any, I'll be posting them here. Hopefully next time anything else is altered, our CS:S Staff will be let known. @@Gkoo @@DarkWolf6052

- Dat guy, Forest

Honestly rule discussions shouldn't only be for the higher ups, they should be for all staff.

And we are NEVER notified of a rule change unless it's one on a thread on the forums.

There's a CS:S Discussion part of the forums for a reason. We CS:S players discuss the rules, not just DMs (which there is only 2 of anyways, >.>).

ALSO, i was told the "Must let them out of a spot like Iso, then let them run for 10 seconds", the bold part is the changed part, was discussed only between @@DarkWolf6052 and @@Warriorsfury , Ok with darkwolf i understand, but Warrior is only a mod now, if you discuss it with one mod discuss it with all of them, and Gkoo should have been involved also as the DM he is.

DMs manage the players, that is their job, why ONLY they discuss the rules is beyond me, Admins and Mods enforce the rules, so they should have a say in rules that are changed BEFORE they are changed/added.

@@DarkWolf6052 @@Gkoo @@HighSociety @@serbiansnaga I think that from now on we should have all the staff be involved in discussions of the rules, instead of requesting a change after its already changed.

Rules i noticed were changed (and not discussed): The 10 steps in 10 seconds rule (Forest was DM at the time, and said it wasn't discussed with him)

The thunderdome rule (It was just changed back, but someone still changed it without permission)

The must give 10 seconds after them being stuck in iso and getting let out

Rules i noticed were changed (and not discussed): The 10 steps in 10 seconds rule (Forest was DM at the time, and said it wasn't discussed with him)

The thunderdome rule (It was just changed back, but someone still changed it without permission)

The must give 10 seconds after them being stuck in iso and getting let out

That first rule Warrior I believe added, I think it was mainly because people would get confused between 15 steps in 10 seconds and 10 steps in 15 seconds.

The Thunderdome one was just ridiculous, and was never a valid rule. I removed it for it not being a valid rule.

I can't grave dig threads such as my stickied Updated MOTD, but I will make sure to notify staff from now on about any changes done in the MOTD. I'm sorry about the most recent changes not being mentioned to others, but again, the Thunderdome rule wasn't a valid rule ever.

Honestly rule discussions shouldn't only be for the higher ups, they should be for all staff.

And we are NEVER notified of a rule change unless it's one on a thread on the forums.

There's a CS:S Discussion part of the forums for a reason. We CS:S players discuss the rules, not just DMs (which there is only 2 of anyways, >.>).

ALSO, i was told the "Must let them out of a spot like Iso, then let them run for 10 seconds", the bold part is the changed part, was discussed only between @@DarkWolf6052 and @@Warriorsfury , Ok with darkwolf i understand, but Warrior is only a mod now, if you discuss it with one mod discuss it with all of them, and Gkoo should have been involved also as the DM he is.

DMs manage the players, that is their job, why ONLY they discuss the rules is beyond me, Admins and Mods enforce the rules, so they should have a say in rules that are changed BEFORE they are changed/added.

@@DarkWolf6052 @@Gkoo @@HighSociety @@serbiansnaga I think that from now on we should have all the staff be involved in discussions of the rules, instead of requesting a change after its already changed.

i agree with dis.

There will no longer be mishaps such as this as we now have a way to notify all CS:S Staff Members. Please refer to this thread for any future changes of the MoTD Rules. I will be #Closing this thread as it is no longer needed.

~ Forgotten in the Lost Woods