ampersand

R.i.p. Cristo Xg:a - Counter-strike: Source

Calling this admin abuse

Anything (from a simple freegag to a freeslay to slaying @all) is still considered admin abuse, no matter how insignificant said abuse may seem. The whole purpose of these threads is to report any and all abuse seen by players and to evaluate whether or not the abusive admin should be demoted or not as a consequence of his actions. Don't interpret this as support for the idea that Cristo freeslayed, because I think that Cristo's slay was valid, just not entirely for the exact reason why he said so in the video.

The fact that Cristo slayed you (ambersand) does not negate the fact that you broke another rule other than causing a confusing situation with your orders. The motd requires that warden must repeat his original orders at least once, no if's, and's or but's, which you failed to do. While Cristo's reasoning to slay you might have been semi-invalid, the slay itself was still valid as you did break another rule. If you're going to argue that T's should have been doing orders immediately, then why are you also trying to support yourself by saying that you gave them an excess amount of time to do orders? If you're going to take the more hardline approach and say that T's should have been doing orders immediately after cells opened, you essentially allowed T's to rebel by giving them 5-6 seconds to complete orders, which by your own logic would be considered detouring or delaying as T's were supposed to be doing orders immediately. Additionally, I can't see anywhere in the video an instance of you being mocked by cristo. Also, if a CT breaks a rule because of faulty/invalid orders coming from the warden, both the warden and the CT that broke rules will be punished, as it's the warden's fault for giving unclear orders which lead to rulebreaking. -1.

The motd requires that warden must repeat his original orders at least once, no if's, and's or but's, which you failed to do.

The warden must repeat the orders at least once and it must be clear when asked (only the beginning order when out of cells).

Am i missing something, or the meaning of this? Because nobody for a long while has repeated if they weren't asked, even with a crap-ton of admins on. I'm starting to get confused by these posts now.

I also don't remember seeing anybody say "repeat" in the video.

Am i missing something, or the meaning of this? Because nobody for a long while has repeated if they weren't asked, even with a crap-ton of admins on. I'm starting to get confused by these posts now.

I also don't remember seeing anybody say "repeat" in the video.

No one did say repeat, but it does say in the motd that "Warden must repeat orders, and they must be clear when asked.". If warden doesn't repeat orders, I will pretty much always remind them to repeat or the T's in-game will hound the warden like a bunch of rabid tiger sharks for a repeat if the warden forgets to repeat. If the warden doesn't repeat their orders and it leads to deaths due to confusion among the T's, I would imagine that it would warrant a slay 100% of the time.

"Do this by now" = They should already be done with the orders.

"Do this immediately" = They should get to trying to do it .. Like right when you say it.

I'm not using a dictionary for this one..

I agree with most things, but this is confusing for some people, and i'm not trying to place all blame on you for CT actions (Except when you give a 'tarp' order, which most people consider everything, but it really isn't.)

The most that will come out of this is a rule change and notifying all staff members about it. Cristo's choice to apologize since we really can't force him, i don't think. But he is highly inactive on forums, and barely focuses in-game on stuff like this. So good luck, and have a good day sir.

Also there should be an edit button, i don't know why there isn't, i think it has something to do with 5 minutes after posting you can't edit anymore??

I said the order before I even opened the cells, did you watch the video? The time for them to follow that order was already well passed by the time the cell doors were open, AND I gave them an additional 8 seconds. I gave them plenty of leeway, if this was confusing for anybody in the server, they would have to have a pretty low IQ, to the point of not being human. You don't happen to have any dogs playing on your server do you? Actually, a dog can follow a simple order. Never mind. And I'm really happy to see that you are dismissing my report entirely, despite the fact that an ADMIN on your server freeslayed. If you cannot make a simple message to this person to apologize to me, then why are you a division manager? Aren't you supposed to be managing your division? I would think that you could tell him to apologize, or would that be overstepping your power?

Anything (from a simple freegag to a freeslay to slaying @all) is still considered admin abuse, no matter how insignificant said abuse may seem. The whole purpose of these threads is to report any and all abuse seen by players and to evaluate whether or not the abusive admin should be demoted or not as a consequence of his actions. Don't interpret this as support for the idea that Cristo freeslayed, because I think that Cristo's slay was valid, just not entirely for the exact reason why he said so in the video.

The fact that Cristo slayed you (ambersand) does not negate the fact that you broke another rule other than causing a confusing situation with your orders. The motd requires that warden must repeat his original orders at least once, no if's, and's or but's, which you failed to do. While Cristo's reasoning to slay you might have been semi-invalid, the slay itself was still valid as you did break another rule. If you're going to argue that T's should have been doing orders immediately, then why are you also trying to support yourself by saying that you gave them an excess amount of time to do orders? If you're going to take the more hardline approach and say that T's should have been doing orders immediately after cells opened, you essentially allowed T's to rebel by giving them 5-6 seconds to complete orders, which by your own logic would be considered detouring or delaying as T's were supposed to be doing orders immediately. Additionally, I can't see anywhere in the video an instance of you being mocked by cristo. Also, if a CT breaks a rule because of faulty/invalid orders coming from the warden, both the warden and the CT that broke rules will be punished, as it's the warden's fault for giving unclear orders which lead to rulebreaking. -1.

Like I said in the above post, I did not make a confusing situation. I gave very clear orders, and the terrorists who remained in the cells, even going so far as to hide from me inside the cells, were killed for not following the very clear orders. There is no mistaking my clear orders, they were clearly rebelling by staying in cells. His slay reason was not even semi-invalid, it was completely invalid. And if you did not see where he was saying "Do you HABLA ESPENEOL" and other trash talk because I was telling him how immediately is a time, then you might want to rewatch the video.

I would also like to say that nobody forces people to repeat orders unless asked to repeat orders. Selectively enforcing rules is horsecrap, and if you guys aren't doing it, then why even keep that in the rules?

I said the order before I even opened the cells, did you watch the video? The time for them to follow that order was already well passed by the time the cell doors were open, AND I gave them an additional 8 seconds. I gave them plenty of leeway, if this was confusing for anybody in the server, they would have to have a pretty low IQ, to the point of not being human. You don't happen to have any dogs playing on your server do you? Actually, a dog can follow a simple order. Never mind. And I'm really happy to see that you are dismissing my report entirely, despite the fact that an ADMIN on your server freeslayed. If you cannot make a simple message to this person to apologize to me, then why are you a division manager? Aren't you supposed to be managing your division? I would think that you could tell him to apologize, or would that be overstepping your power?

Like I said in the above post, I did not make a confusing situation. I gave very clear orders, and the terrorists who remained in the cells, even going so far as to hide from me inside the cells, were killed for not following the very clear orders. There is no mistaking my clear orders, they were clearly rebelling by staying in cells. His slay reason was not even semi-invalid, it was completely invalid. And if you did not see where he was saying "Do you HABLA ESPENEOL" and other trash talk because I was telling him how immediately is a time, then you might want to rewatch the video.

Considering 3 T's died wandering around their cell and an admin had no idea why T's were being killed, I would venture to say that you did create some confusion. Your completely assholian and condescending attitude throughout this little escapade is not going to help you get anything out of this thread, all it's doing is making you look like even more of a derp. Once again, you giving leeway when T's were supposed to be doing orders immediately is basically allowing the T's to detour/delay, so your logic just makes you look like a hypocrite. If I were to slay you for baiting, but you mass freekilled as well without actually baiting any T's, does my slay suddenly become invalid just because you didn't break the rule I thought you did?

If you cannot make a simple message to this person to apologize to me, then why are you a division manager? Aren't you supposed to be managing your division? I would think that you could tell him to apologize, or would that be overstepping your power?

Well i would say it wouldn't be a real apology, and i don't think managing a division means tell admins to go apologize for no good reason to a player because i said so. I have powers but i'm not gonna be a strict-as-hell DM and give orders for no valid / good reason or just because a player asked for it. I think the slay was valid, but you would still complain about it.

Your completely assholian and condescending attitude throughout this thread is not going to help you get anything out of this thread, all it's doing is making you look like even more of a derp.

Leave it up to Diabaddus to solve everything.. lel

Considering 3 T's died wandering around their cell and an admin had no idea why T's were being killed, I would venture to say that you did create some confusion. Your completely assholian and condescending attitude throughout this thread is not going to help you get anything out of this thread, all it's doing is making you look like even more of a derp. Once again, you giving leeway when T's were supposed to be doing orders immediately is basically allowing the T's to detour/delay, so your logic just makes you look like a hypocrite. If I were to slay you for baiting, but you mass freekilled as well without actually baiting any T's, does my slay suddenly become invalid just because you didn't break the rule I thought you did?

I'm sorry, but I perceived Eulciwood as giving me lip, so I gave it back. If I was wrong, then I am deeply sorry for my sarcasm. However, I would like to rebuke your claim that I caused confusion, in that out of those 3 T's, one ran to the side of the cell trying to hide, one wasn't moving and one was hiding inside that person's body. I would think that they knew very well what they were supposed to do, and in fact were trying to rebel. And how is it hypocritical to give people time to react to the orders? I have to give them five seconds. I gave them eight, which is more than five, yes, but I responded to their rebelling immediately. And apparently not even your Division Managers know which rule to follow in regards to repeating orders, so maybe before you consider that a rule, you should decide which one is the rule. Having to repeat when asked, or having to repeat ALWAYS, regardless.

Well i would say it wouldn't be a real apology, and i don't think managing a division means tell admins to go apologize for no good reason to a player because i said so. I have powers but i'm not gonna be a strict-as-hell DM and give orders for no valid / good reason or just because a player asked for it. I think the slay was valid, but you would still complain about it.

First and foremost, I would like to say sorry for being pretty snippy at you in that last post. I thought you were being quite blunt and cold to me, in that whole "So good luck, and have a good day sir.". I was not sure if you were being sincere in that, and assumed the worst. For that, I am sorry.

How is slaying for something that isn't in the rules not a good reason to apologize to somebody? And being a jerk to somebody? I can apologize for doing something wrong. Can an admin not be held accountable on this server?

And apparently not even your Division Managers know which rule to follow in regards to repeating orders, so maybe before you consider that a rule, you should decide which one is the rule.

Considering a lot of people like to throw around rules that make it look new/changed without telling anybody about any change/update, yeah. it does confuse me, considering that even came from the DL, so i was confused about it.

#fixtherules

Considering a lot of people like to throw around rules that make it look new/changed without telling anybody about any change/update, yeah. it does confuse me, considering that even came from the DL, so i was confused about it.

#fixtherules

Thank you, and I agree completely with you. If you're going to hold people accountable for rules and making confusing situations, perhaps as a server you should make the rules less confusing? I myself was confused about it, so I guess in that regard, you guys(as in the server in general) broke a rule by making a confusing situation as well. Hard to hold somebody accountable for a rule that is counteracted by another rule, right? So let's move past that "Ampersand didn't repeat his orders so he deserved to get slayed anyway" argument, since it holds no merit to this discussion and was caused by a confusing set of rules anyway, which you can't hold me accountable for.

I'm sorry, but I perceived Eulciwood as giving me lip, so I gave it back. If I was wrong, then I am deeply sorry for my sarcasm. However, I would like to rebuke your claim that I caused confusion, in that out of those 3 T's, one ran to the side of the cell trying to hide, one wasn't moving and one was hiding inside that person's body. I would think that they knew very well what they were supposed to do, and in fact were trying to rebel. And how is it hypocritical to give people time to react to the orders? I have to give them five seconds. I gave them eight, which is more than five, yes, but I responded to their rebelling immediately. And apparently not even your Division Managers know which rule to follow in regards to repeating orders, so maybe before you consider that a rule, you should decide which one is the rule. Having to repeat when asked, or having to repeat ALWAYS, regardless.

lol so when people are being rude to you, the best way to continue the situation is to be rude right back to them? I can't imagine that going wrong at all. Like I've said, the fact that you gave people time to do orders is not hypocritical, however the fact that you've been saying throughout this thread (and the video now that I think about it) is that T's should have been doing orders right away, as in right after cells opened. You giving T's time to do orders, but then turning around and saying that your orders specifically stated that T's should have been doing orders right away is hypocritical. If you think that someone saying "DO YOU HABLO ESPANOL" if offensive, then you should probably just lock yourself in your room and totally isolate yourself, because there is a lot of worse ways you could be heckled, and I don't think you would be able to handle it.

Just saying, the rules regarding the warden giving a repeat are very clear, megarobin is just a derp.

edit: the "ampersand didn't repeat so he deserved to get slayed anyways" is completely relevant and holds true to the situation. I've given several examples showing that the slay would still be valid, and I can't comprehend why you are not capable of understanding something as trivial as this.

lol so when people are being rude to you, the best way to continue the situation is to be rude right back to them? I can't imagine that going wrong at all. Like I've said, the fact that you gave people time to do orders is not hypocritical, however the fact that you've been saying throughout this thread (and the video now that I think about it) is that T's should have been doing orders right away, as in right after cells opened. You giving T's time to do orders, but then turning around and saying that your orders specifically stated that T's should have been doing orders right away is hypocritical. If you think that someone saying "DO YOU HABLO ESPANOL" if offensive, then you should probably just lock yourself in your room and totally isolate yourself, because there is a lot of worse ways you could be heckled, and I don't think you would be able to handle it.

I treat people with the same respect as they treat me. I apologized for my actions, as apparently I perceived the situation wrong. I guess if you don't understand that's how the world works outside of your room, in that you get what you give, then perhaps you too should get some fresh air.

And your argument is really, really bad. I said to do the orders immediately, but the rules specifically state that I have to wait five seconds for people to do them. So when I say "Do it as soon as cell doors are opened", that means the timer for the five seconds they have to respond starts then. I did nothing hypocritical, I followed the rules.

And if you don't see how him saying that is offensive, especially in the condescending tone he gave to me, then I repeat myself, view the video again and have some empathy.

I can apologize for doing something wrong. Can an admin not be held accountable on this server?

Apologize out of your own free will. Just i meant good luck trying to get him to apologize, because if you somehow get him to get on the forums, Maybe. But if you bring it up in-game, he will just say "You broke the rules it was a valid slay"

Thank you, and I agree completely with you. If you're going to hold people accountable for rules and making confusing situations, perhaps as a server you should make the rules less confusing?

I have no authority ( I don't think ) to edit the rules, unless i ask first. which will usually lead to them doing it themselves in the way they want it. I ask multiple times but they don't respond or they just look and leave. (They = DL, lol)

If you think that someone saying "DO YOU HABLO ESPANOL" if offensive, then you should probably just lock yourself in your room and totally isolate yourself, because there is a lot of worse ways you could be heckled, and I don't think you would be able to handle it.

This server has a lot of this kind of stuff, mostly it's just joking around, but if you seriously take offense to that, or expect an apology for this, no offense at all, then this server probably isn't for you.