StarmiX

Xbox1 Or Ps4? (or Even Wii U)

What console is better XBOX1/PS4/Wii U  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What console is better XBOX1/PS4/Wii U

Let's just end the big debate over what console is better. But before voting try and at least read SOME of the specs below. (All information is from- PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U Comparison Chart - Xbox One Wiki Guide - IGN)

FeaturePlayStation 4Xbox OneWii U

Price$399.99 [1]$499.99 [2]$349.99 / 299.99

Release DateUS: 11.15.2013

EU: 11.29.2013 [3]11.22.2013 [4]11.18.2012

Optical DriveBlu-ray/DVD [5]Blu-ray/DVD [6]25GB Optical Disc (Proprietary)

Game DVRYes, PS+ subscription not required [7]Yes, with subscription to Xbox Live Gold [8]No

RAM8GB GDDR5 [9]8GB DDR3 [10]2GB DDR3 [11]

CPUSingle-chip x86 AMD "Jaguar" processor, 8 cores[12]8 Core Microsoft custom CPU[13]Tri-Core PowerPC "Espresso" CPU[14]

GPUAMD Radeon Graphics Core Next engine w/ 1152 shaders [15]853 MHz AMD Radeon GPU w/ 768 shaders[16]AMD "Latte" 550 MHz GPU w/ 320 shaders[17]

Peak GPU Shader Throughput1.84 TeraFLOPS/s[18]1.31 TeraFLOPS/s (estimate)[19]0.352 TeraFLOPS/s[20]

Storage500 GB 5400 RPM SATA II hard drive[21]500 GB Hard Drive [22]8GB or 32GB Flash

External StorageNo [23]Yes, USB [24]Yes, USB

Removable Hard DriveYes, must be at least 160 GB, thinner than 9.5mm [25]No [26]No

Cloud StorageYes [27]Yes [28]No

Play As You DownloadYes [29]Yes [30]No

Remote DownloadYes [31]Yes [32]No

Account Access from Multiple ConsolesYes [33]YesNo

Mandatory Game InstallsNo [34]Yes [35]No

Required Internet ConnectionNo [36]No, but required for mandatory day one update. [37][38]No

Used Game FeeNo [39]No [40]No

Digital game sharing or giftingNoNoNo

Backwards CompatibilityNone [41]None [42]Yes, Wii

Cross Game ChatYes [43]Yes [44]No

ControllersDualShock 4 (included)Xbox One Wireless Controller(included)Wii U GamePad (included), Wii Remote + Nunchuk (sold separately), Pro Controller (sold separately)

Controller BatteriesRechargable (built-in)AA (2). Rechargable battery packs (sold separately)GP & Pro: Rechargable (built-in). Wii Remote: AA (2).

Motion ControlDualShock 4, PlayStation 4 Eye (not included), PlayStation Move (not included)Kinect 2Wii Remote (sold separately), Wii U GamePad (included)

Second ScreenVita (not included) [45]

Playstation App[46]SmartGlass (devices not included) [47]Wii U GamePad (included)

Voice CommandsYes (scope, TBA)[48]Yes [49]No

Subscription ServicePlayStation Plus[50]Xbox Live [51]No

USBUSB 3.0 (2 ports)[52]USB 3.0 (3 ports)[53]USB 2.0 (4 ports)

Live StreamingYesYesNo

Reputation PreservationTrophies will be portedAchievements will be ported[54]N/A

Web ConnectionGigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi [55]Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 & 5Ghz)[56]Gigabit IEEE 802.11 b/g/n dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 & 5Ghz, LAN via USB dongle

BlueToothBluetooth 2.1 (EDR)[57]No*Bluetooth 4.0[58]

Wi-Fi Direct (for Device Connection)NoYesYes (for GamePad video streaming)

A/V HookupsHDMI output (4K Support [59]) Optical output [60]HDMI input and output (4K support), Optical output[61]HDMI out, Component/ Composite out

IRNoIR out, IR Blaster (Kinect)IR Transceiver (GamePad)

Power Supply (PSU)InternalExternal (power brick)External (power bricks)

Near Field Communication (NFC)NoNoYes (GamePad)

Region LockedNoNo [62]Yes

*Confirmed to IGN by a Microsoft representative.

Online Feature Comparison Chart

Online ServicesPlayStation 4Xbox OneWii U

Online Game PlayPaid Access Via PS+ SubscriptionPaid Access Via Xbox Live Gold Subscription [63]Free

NetflixFree Access to Application [64]Paid Access to Application Via Xbox Live Gold Subscription*Free Access to Application

HBO GoNoneTBANone

SkypePossible[65]Paid Access to Application Via Xbox Live Gold Subscription [66]None

ESPNNoneTBANone

Hulu PlusFree Access to Application [67]Paid Access to Application Via Xbox Live Gold Subscription*Free Access to Application

IGN AppYesTBATBA

Game DVRFree Access to ApplicationPaid Access to Application Via Xbox Live Gold Subscription [68]None

Streaming Game VideoFree Access to ApplicationTBANone

Web BrowserYes[69]Paid Access to Application Via Xbox Live Gold Subscription [70]Free Access to Application

NFL ApplicationNonePaid Access to Application Via Xbox Live Gold Subscription [71]None

*Based on current Xbox Live Gold requirements

Console Bundle Comparison Chart

This chart compares the physical contents of the launch day bundles of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Wii U. Other console comparison features are outlined above.

Pack-In GamePlayroom (Requires PlayStation Eye, sold seperately) [72]None [73]Nintendo Land(included inDeluxe bundle)

ControllersDualShock 4 Wireless ControllerXbox One Controller,Kinect [74]Wii U GamePad

HeadsetWired Mono Earbud [75]Wired Mono Headset [76]Not included

AV CablesHDMI Cable (2.0m) [77]HDMI Cable (Cat2) [78]HDMI Cable

Charging CablesUSB Charging Cable [79]Not included[80]Wii U GamePad Charging Cable

CameraNot included[81]Kinect [82]Wii U GamePad Camera

Trial SubscriptionAll PS4 owners get 30 days of PS+[83]All Xbox One owners get 14 days of free Xbox Live[84]N/A

ColorsBlackBlackBlack, White

Doubtful you read all of that but you can read what you want. I'll let some of the people decide what is better

~StarmiX

PC + Wii U Master Race reporting in.

There's not that many note-worthy PS4 or XBONE games coming out that really convince me to buy the console. I got the Wii U because of Bayonetta 2, the Wonderful 101 and my favorite game series of all time, Pikmin 3. Everything else is either being released on the PC, or not even worth the box it comes in.

There's not that many note-worthy PS4 or XBONE games coming out that really convince me to buy the console. I got the Wii U because of Bayonetta 2, the Wonderful 101 and my favorite game series of all time, Pikmin 3. Everything else is either being released on the PC, or not even worth the box it comes in.

<3 Pikmin

Guys guys.... We all know Gamecube is the shit.

This is what mine used to look like, I played Pokemon 24/7. I wish they made new pokemon games for other systems. I don't have a DS or nuthin

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_512OPcng5IL._SY300_.jpg.44982e0fea4c8801e803be199c8ad463.jpg

The only noteworthy game i could think of coming from the XBOX1 is Ryse: Son Of Rome

There's not that many note-worthy PS4 or XBONE games coming out that really convince me to buy the console.

^ Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

The only noteworthy game i could think of coming from the XBOX1 is Ryse: Son Of Rome

Ryse did look somewhat promising, but a lot of these "next-gen" launch titles are more just tech demos than anything else. Despite the fact that both Killzone: Shadow Fall and Ryse: Son of Rome both look beautiful, they both suck pretty hard and are getting shat on pretty much universally by both critics and players. All these day-one releases seem to offer are good visuals, which isn't really enough to get me sold on even just buying the game, let alone an entire new console just to play it on. While there do seem to be some interesting titles down the road (The Order: 1886, Destiny, Watch Dogs), they're just too far away to justify buying the new console now, and on top of that a lot of those games I mentioned (and many more) are coming out on PC as well, effectively giving me no real reason to buy a ps4 or xbox one. This is probably the worst day one lineup of games I've seen for a new console, as most of the launch titles are either rehashed/upgraded versions of games that have already been released or uninspired, glorified tech demos that are put out just to show the technical capabilities of the new console, while offering relatively little substance.