Vector, nope.avi, forge, twozerofour, others - mmo

Division:

MMO

In-Game Name:

Vector, Nope.Avi, TwoZeroFour, Forge and probably more

Steam ID:

N/A

Information:

Alright let me start out with a little disclaimer to make sure its clear where I am at. For the most part I have read through the recent forums that have cause some.... issues. As far as I know, Egossi has started each and everyone of them and has contributed to their derailment. Also a side note, I understand the bans are short in length, but if it was unjustified it is still appropriate to pursue this.

In the latest thread that was posted by Egossi, there was a mass ban by Chrono. Who has banned numerous people that were involved in the thread. There was a short discussion through shoutbox between me and chrono about what happened and why they were banned, but as far as I can tell there is no reason to ban the four listed above.

Whether or not you think that people's posts were low quality does not give reason to ban people for it. It is much easier to give a very clear, directed, and explicit warning to stop such activities; this is expected as a staff member. After that warning you can begin to hand out bans if deemed necessary, although that part does rely on some personal preference (some people may reach out personally one last time to try and resolve the issue, while other may ban; nothing wrong with either).

The forums also feature handy tools to help with moderation, which include but are not limited to: a warning system that allows moderators to warn people of forum violations, the ability to delete posts, and even deleting threads can stop problems before they start.

Now I begin to question where the limits are on forum powers for the moderators (CL's, DL's etc). In my opinion, and years on the internet, public forums are location for open communication that may or may not be moderated. Even when they are moderated there is a line of what is and isn't allowed; but this does not mean each and every moderator can ban as they please. In my opinion, Chrono handled the situation completely wrong. There was an opportunity in any of the threads that Chrono or others to give a clear warning, which up to this point I havent found (doesn't mean I'm right, I just don't see one). Also as far as I can tell, bans were given out prematurely. Also, stating that people are getting banned after you go do something is a very poor way of moderating. This allows it to continue, and will only lead to worse things. Had their posts been that bad and in need of banning, it would have happened immediately, not 10 minutes later.

I did not list Kendrick in the list of people to unban because of his action following Chrono's statement that he was going to ban people. I would have... but the following actions would have justified a ban anyway.

I see absolutely no reason for these bans at this point. This is meant to get an explanation, not to target Chrono. I am just looking for an honest reason to the mass bans.

Also Chrono, there has been issues with people not putting valid reasons for bans. It does not help to be putting random stuff in bans either. I have been told that reasons listed were random and did not indicate the reason for the bans.

@Chrono

+1 they didn't deserve the bans, they were definitely premature. and those reasons were not valid whatsoever. its a public forum, people will shitpost, just tell them to stop next time.

Even though the people listed did become very rude and started crap that was not necessary, I think the bans were overkill unless a good explication is given by chrono. For now I +1 this.

Even though the people listed did become very rude and started crap that was not necessary, I think the bans were overkill unless a good explication is given by chrono. For now I +1 this.

I was talking about in shout box and team speak.

First - Why would I go up to each person and warn them each time they shitpost in an attempt to troll... per each thread? They have all been warned a few times (a couple warnings coming from yourself also) in the various threads. So what you are saying they had no warning to stop (note they were warned as recent as a couple days ago even with the kittylicious thread) is A) bullshit or B ) you want me to warn them on a per thread basis which is also bullshit. all of them have been given numerous warnings about intentionally trolling on the forums (see the last few shitstorm threads and if that isn't enough, the previous major shitstorm threads, duckii jr, duckii, etc. threads)

Second - As far as clear warnings, yes it could have been much more clear than "Stop this shit right now, or I will be going on a banning spree unless chrono gets to it first" - @ThePenguin or "any further trolling will result in immediate 1 day forum bans and pending decision to increase the length based on severity" - @Nomulous

So this is I guess a shoutout to all them hood rats not giving clear enough warnings about stopping the trolling shitposts.

@Hidingmaster

also only those listed were banned + kendrick rip in pepperonis

oh and egossi, but everyone was about to ban him too, i just beat you all to it.

First - Why would I go up to each person and warn them each time they shitpost in an attempt to troll... per each thread? They have all been warned a few times (a couple warnings coming from yourself also) in the various threads. So what you are saying they had no warning to stop (note they were warned as recent as a couple days ago even with the kittylicious thread) is A) bullshit or B ) you want me to warn them on a per thread basis which is also bullshit. all of them have been given numerous warnings about intentionally trolling on the forums (see the last few shitstorm threads and if that isn't enough, the previous major shitstorm threads, duckii jr, duckii, etc. threads)

Second - As far as clear warnings, yes it could have been much more clear than "Stop this steaming pantload right now, or I will be going on a banning spree unless chrono gets to it first" - @ThePenguin or "any further trolling will result in immediate 1 day forum bans and pending decision to increase the length based on severity" - @Nomulous

So this is I guess a shoutout to all them hood rats not giving clear enough warnings about stopping the trolling shitposts.

@Hidingmaster

also only those listed were banned + kendrick rip in pepperonis

oh and egossi, but everyone was about to ban him too, i just beat you all to it.

Never said that you need to warn them each time, but a clear warning is necessary. I cannot go into a random thread and say no more shitposting and assume it applies to everyone; it in fact does not. Also everyone would like to know why each person was banned. Not what reason you have to go on a banning spree, but reasons and PROOF for each person. Correct me if I'm wrong, but nomulous posted that in Kitty's thread, something completely unrelated to the current situation. It can see an argument being made that it applies at minimum to all in that thread, but there is also some argument for saying that it really has no effect on this situation due to the different environments.

Beyond saying stuff, I would be able to see your side much clearer with visual evidence of these warnings that they have been given. Also you failed to address another critical issue, that of which you put invalid reasons for bans.

I let it sit there for like 20-30 minutes while i did stuff to prep for dinner, they were for the most part in the same teamspeak channel, they were for the most part all spamming shoutbox (not as bad as kendrick), and they all were participants in the previous several threads, they knew what "BanningSpree" was in reference to, and it was a 1 day ban, not a 1 week ban. If it was more than a day or 2, maybe then yes I could see some issues, or if it was a sourcebans reason that is made public, then yeah. but since it is a private ban reason only they and silence can see, and the person who wrote it knows. as long as they know what it was for then i dont think that is an issue.

if they claim they don't know why they were banned, that is the biggest bullshit i have ever seen. and believe me, i went to a school full of cholo wannabe gangsters and plastics.

The proof is public, it's not a deleted thread yet. you can see it. why do i need proof to ban someone for something that is obviously bad, it's like asking me to prove someone i perm ct banned on a full server actually mass freekilled. do i really have to record a demo of that shit? no.

Also, why should i have to warn everyone for something they know is not gucci, and something in the GLOBAL RULES IS NOT ALLOWED

Sidenote (Just trying to keep informed): Where can you see the bans for how long and why? I've been looking everywhere to see and can't find them. Help?

*Just trying to keep up. I may not reply to a lot of threads but I try to keep up with the ones in Management.*

Edit: Never mind. Apparently not visible to public.

I know the thread is public and I went through each of their profiles to track what they have posted recently. Nothing I see is worth a ban. You don't let it "sit there" for time and expect things to go swimmingly. Obviously banning was not necessary if you could let them continue for 30 minutes; this simply means a ban did absolutely nothing in terms of solving a situation. You also say for the most part on a lot of things, sounds a lot like they were actually doing all those things. Also, spamming shoutbox isn't something worth banning unless its an issue like Kendrick. Day ban or not, an improper ban is still wrong.

Also no matter if a ban is public or not, you need to have a correct reason for situations just as these. I have yet to find out why each individual person was banned.