ChickenPanda

Xg: tag rule idea

So, it happens a TON where someone comes into our servers, puts on the [xG] tag to support our servers, and then is told to take the tag off. In some cases, this embarrasses them, and can even cause them to leave permanently. Some admins are very aggressive with this rule, and I honestly think it should be lifted.

But how can we tell our supporters and our members apart?

We need to add a tag specifically for members, that only members can wear, and add a rule prohibiting supporters from wearing member tags. This way, when they leave our server to go play on another, some will ask what the tag is. They'll, of course, reply with, "Xenogamers!"

This is kind of a dirty way of advertising, however, it works. I just think that we should let all wear the [xG] tags and make members feel extra special. I was thinking that members could wear an [xG:R] tag for regular, or [xG: P] for player, or something of the sorts. Obviously, just normal members are not forced to wear these tags.

Just thought I'd give my $0.02 on the rule, and I personally think the rule should be changed.

@kbraszzz @Bach @Nomulous @Rhododendron @otherimportantpeople

No need to make something so simple so complicated

As good as the idea is, it's pretty damned confusing. Also, xG: Player doesn't sound right to me.

Maybe xG:S for supporter? I don't know, it's pretty confusing

Well maybe just tell the admin not to be aggresive with the rule and politely ask them to take it off.

Ive seen lots of people faking being in xG and they must of been on servers when you can put their tag on whenever they want.

Maybe if you see someone faking being in xG say "Please take the xG tag off (name). If you do want to be in xG though just play on the servers and get members to like you and then apply on the forums (forum link here). But if you do not get accepted you cannot be in xG. Well good luck!"

About a year or two ago we tried something similar on the CS:S servers. Instead of xG:r or xG:S, we used xG-r (as in xG-"recruit") in order to distinguish people who had applied to xG but were not yet officially in xG yet. It didn't go well. It only managed to confuse people as to who exactly was and wasn't actually in xenogamers. It's a decent plan on paper, but for us the execution didn't turn out so well.

They already have the privilege of wearing the [xG-Rep] clan tag if they are in the group, this doesn't make them a Member so much as it makes them a supporter. Those who want to be recognized as a full Member have to apply to be one on Forums, and are given the rights to have "xG" in their actual name.

I see no problem other than hostile Staff, and if that's the case, screenshot the Staff Member and call them out on it. Players should feel welcomed to the Server, not ridiculed.

when I was a moderator I asked them using private message to remove tags; doesn't cause any trouble or embarrassment(?).

toplel ^ (pls dont break my bones kbraszz)

honestly, I didn't bother asking them to remove it as long as they weren't breaking rules or making us look bad in anyway, takes way too much effort to match their steam id to their member submission.

the motto I tend to follow is that rules are implemented to keep things fair, not to ruin fun.

ai.imgur.com_BbZhH3n.png.bb6c0fa65e55311f0931ea2e646c3178.png

speaking of which, why do staff members even have their tags if they place it literally at the ends of their long-ass names.

like, you can't even see it when,

• holding tab to see scoreboard
  • typing status into console
  • looking at players through server browser
  • server chat
  • our dashboard, server list

its practically the same as going undercover. ;#;

not going to name names in particular but you know who you are

ai.imgur.com_ak1SqhU.png.e03ab3e4e8bc107c1a8bf5d3bb0f97c4.png

They already have the privilege of wearing the [xG-Rep] clan tag if they are in the group, this doesn't make them a Member so much as it makes them a supporter. Those who want to be recognized as a full Member have to apply to be one on Forums, and are given the rights to have "xG" in their actual name.