Dethman

New Age Rule Is Bad?

Please change the system?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Please change the system?

• Yes, go back to the old ways
    • No, keep it the same
    • Adjust it a little

So...as of yesterday, there was a new age limit placed for people who want to become a member. You at first had to be 17 to make a member submission. Then it was lowered to 15 to make a member application and 16 to become staff member. That was ok, then it was raised to 16 to become a member and staff. I think this new age rule will hurt the community to be honest.

1. The main base in certain games that we have divisions in are under the age 17 and mainly around the ages of 13 - 14. This would not be a problem but a lot of the people who play on our servers are younger from what i have observed. If this limit stays, we probably will lose a lot of interest in people even wanting to be member. I could be wrong but that is how i see it going.

2. Age does not really reflect maturity. I do not know why people think that just because someone is 14, they are more immature than a 16 or 17 year old member. I have seen more older members act immature than i have ever seen a 14 year old member.

3. It is extremely unfair to people who have waited. There are a lot of people who have been waiting for quite a while just so they can make a member app when they turn 14. They put in a lot of time on the servers and now we have to turn them away for another 2-3 years just because of there age? Does not seem right to me.

Some possible solutions to fix this.

1. How about if a 14/15 year old person makes a member application, they have to get 15 vouches including those from the Division Leader or Division Manager. (Shadowspys idea)

2. If not 15 vouches, how about 20 like former members? It is a lot harder for them to get in so maybe this will work.

3. Have a voting system, Silence was talking about a voting system instead of vouches. Maybe we could try it out and see if it works.

3. Have a voting system, Silence was talking about a voting system instead of vouches. Maybe we could try it out and see if it works.

It wasn't voting to influence whether they would join the clan, but a general opinion of all members if they approve of the user joining this clan. Just clarifying.

3. It is extremely unfair to people who have waited. There are a lot of people who have been waiting for quite a while just so they can make a member app when they turn 14. They put in a lot of time on the servers and now we have to turn them away for another 2-3 years just because of their age? Does not seem right to me.

As was posted before...

They have an entire month. Get to it.

it really makes no difference, tbh. the games we play here are all M rated games (minecraft is super questionable on rating as it is a sandbox) so in a legal speaking nobody under 17 should be playing anyway (obviously we know 10 year olds play M rated games and watch R movies)

and in the end there will either be circle jerk +1 cool guy or -1 "immature" on people you like or dont like anyway. and someone is going to take those as OK vouches anyway and they get in.

the age change is just the start of member submission reform, prepare your anus kiddos.

Well for starters, we don't have a lot of 17-20 year old gamers playing on the servers, we have 11-16. We would be losing a lot of the population if this doesn't change, we have to think about maturity. MATURITY. If you have a 17 year old immature douchebag and a 13 year old mature and kind person, think about who you would take. I would take the 13 year old, we don't need immature people here. I don't care what age they are as long as they are mature and Active I give them a +1 just because they would be a great addition. So think about this question, Would you rather... Take all the bad fruit or 1 good fruit? (meaning is Would you take older douches or would you take younger, mature, and kind people)

Not all, but the majority of this clan act like immature 12 year olds going through their rebellious years.

Why am I even posting here?

Instead of raising the age on member applications, how about we make stricter rules on how to act as a member or else you will be kicked out, just a suggestion

We are going to, this is just another part of the complete revision of the application process that we are doing.

Rules for members and staff is going to be rewritten as well.

+1 cool guy or -1 "immature"

Echhhh. Doesn't even matter like Chrono said. Whether vouches are changed, age is changed, the same shet is going to happen. Friends of the person submitting will just D-ride hard and +1 anyways. You could be the scum of the earth, and still get in because of this. I've made this point before (I won't make it again, too long) but one of the few ways to combat this is to accept valid vouches.

I feel like this isn't so much directed at the individuals who are "too young" so much as it is a way to stifle the cancerous growth of immaturity, but this is just speculation.

I feel like this isn't so much directed at the individuals who are "too young" so much as it is a way to stifle the cancerous growth of immaturity, but this is just speculation.

Honestly, it's become difficult with lack of older people that may have more experience managing users and helping with donations and whatnot. Younger people simply don't have the money and experience to contribute as much as I would like to the servers. Don't get me wrong, the staff that manages the servers is great but I just want the clan to appeal to an older demographic since I feel it would help our growth over time. With the younger people, it feels like we are a babysitting place where they come and go so frequently and the older people who want to stay are so frustrated with the amount of drama they cause that they leave.

First, increasing the age is more than fine in my opinion. You already see younger players wearing "[xG:rep]" in their name if they're not in the clan due to being too young.

Second, age doesn't matter when it comes to maturity is true for the most part, but throughout time playing on the servers, I have only witnessed a select few that really show high maturity for a young age. I don't blame xG raising the age requirement. It makes perfect sense.

Then again, what do I know. I'm not even in the clan. ;)