Forest

Organization

So, I'm about to spew out a bunch of suggestions and stuff that may be akin to several other threads that discussed "changes" in or out of the forums/XenoGamers. Just a heads up.

To put it mildly, I feel that the forum and its sections need to be cleaned and tidied up. I realize this is a very broad.. Suggestion, and so I will take the liberty of stating what I mean, hopefully without making this post "TL;DR" material (lets face it, its going to end up as such anyways). By no means am I commanding it or anything of the sort, but merely suggesting ways to re-organize things. Now, without further ado, lets begin:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall

Important and miscellaneous stuff that should be noted, but won't be included below as "major" content. This applies to most, if not all, of the sections discussed (or to the Forums in general):

• Titles of the threads that are stickied need to be altered. Sections are afflicted with threads that are properly titled with threads that aren't properly titled seen here. Notice the threads that are properly capitalized and the threads that look like a sentence (IE. "xG Member Gallery" as opposed to "Staff roster, helpful notes, rules and other things")
  • Stickied threads that belong in another place should be re-located

• Invalid rules and other content around the forum (confined within Stickied threads) need to either be re-vamped or removed entirely

• "Consoles" section should be re-named to "Games and Consoles" to better accommodate both sides
  • "Computers" should be relocated as a sub-section of "Tech Talk"
  • "Uncategorized" should be re-named to better reflect (after all, they technically are categorized already), perhaps "Miscellaneous" (wasn't it that before?)
  • "Divisions" should be re-named "Game Divisions" to clarify further

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Rules" Section

I personally feel like this particular page should consist only of XenoGamer's policies and regulations, and as such would need to be re-named ("Rules and Regulations") to reflect these things . Threads such as the "admin handbook" or others that revolve around policies/regulations. With that said, I realize it is also the home of our several Division's sets of rules. This results in what looks like a big cluster ***k of rules that can be overwhelming to some.

My proposition is to include a new section along with each particular Division that pertains only to the rules/guidelines of that particular Division. What this will allow is an ordered set of rules that are relevant to each other as well as to their Division. No more scrolling through 10+ threads that are irrelevant to what you need when you need it.

If this isn't an option, then at the very least add sub-sections to the "Rules" section that leads to a particular Division's rules/guidelines so that you aren't greeted with a giant mess of threads upon clicking on it.

I would also suggest cleaning up out-dated sets of rules. This applies to literally everything. I realize this will be tedious, but there are some pretty out-dated or otherwise invalid rules floating around the forum and they need to either be re-vamped or removed entirely.

"General" Section

Not much to report here other than the content of some of the stickied threads. Obviously this section is for anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but there are a few stickied threads that belong in another place.

As mentioned in the "Rules" section, the "admin handbook" should be re-located (although generalized, it still pertains to Staff and should therefore be shoved into a section like "Rules" or if altered "Rules and Regulations").

The thread "Want to get unbanned?" should also be re-located. Again, although it applies to the general public, it specifically gravitates around getting out of a ban, and should therefore be found in the "Ban Protest" section.

This one has been bugging me the most. "xG Member Gallery" located in the "General" section, but not in the section labelled "Gallery". Self explanatory.

These are just some of the things I've noticed and wanted to point out as problems with the Forums. There may be others, but I'm counting on people to post below what else they think should be re-formatted, re-organized, etc. Going through each section will take some time, but hell, it'll look a lot more presentable when it's done. Just to re-cap, these are all merely suggestions and should be treated as such. I also apologize for making this a "TL;DR" post even though I tried to keep it short.

.. Not really.

... I didn't try at all. Deal with it. :coffee:

- Dat guy, Forest. Da real CL

~ Community Leader Tree (Nom was here)

- Lee hopping on the editing bandwagon

You are the one and only CL, do something about this

But, yes, we really should delete some of the old rule threads. I shall delete all the out-dated rules thread in a moment. I'm also going through the stickied threads so I can edit the capitalization. All else will be delt with later today or is out of my reach as it deals with the site's set up itself, not the threads. I rarely find the time I need mod in the steam group, but I'm wondering how I can get steam notifications for whenever someone posts in the 'comment section.' That'd probably require me to post there myself, right?

is out of my reach as it deals with the site's set up itself, not the threads

@Rhododendron Still would like your input bby.

ALSO. @Hidingmaster ai.gyazo.com_b1f214aecafe2c4a199bceb330fc3d60.png.e5e330f1932a7b74038589c10375abd8.png

ai.gyazo.com_0910f41271d60942356ab1e8587d99c7.png.2d4093f5d75aef142ad2dc20ddf7967c.png

@Rhododendron Still would like your input bby.

ALSO. @Hidingmaster [attach=full]21161[/attach] [attach=full]21162[/attach]

I'll get into depth of it this weekend, and offer my opinion.

Keep up the discussions though, anyones opinion is welcomed here!

And what have we learned today kids?

That the "edit silently" option is the biggest load of crap. Also is the biggest lie in the history of internets.

I used to think it did what you thought it did. But all it does is hide this ai.gyazo.com_ac5c5ce2778aa1e6f5e2958621ea320d.png.1bbd8440f3e20f9f3f4753c2a6c2c7a0.png for example, from showing up so it isn't as obvious that it was edited :coffee: