jaygoki

Idek What To Title This

stupid, pointless post?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. stupid, pointless post?

• yes
    • no
    • go fuk urself

This is something I've been wanting to kinda get off my chest for a while, and right now probably isn't the best time to post it as people are taking finals this and next week and won't be able to be active as much, but if I don't post now I'll fukin forget it, so here goes. There is obviously some flaw in our staff system right now, whether it be the lack of staff or the staff themselves. Now before you get in a fit about me being a hypocrite, I want to make it 100% clear that I am in no way an exception to this. I do the same things I'm complaining about more often than I'd like to admit. With that being said, lets get on to it.

Nearly every day I've gotten home in the past week or two, there have either been no staff on or one lone member moderating/administrating a server full of 15-25 people, and I either have to get on or I get on to help the lone person. There's also the issue of what I am presuming that is happening: staff glancing at the server list, seeing one person on, and thinking, "oh he's got it, I can go comp/scrim/play whatever game/etc". I'm not saying that all of us are guilty of it, or that anyone besides me is even doing it at all- it's just what I think is happening. Also another note, most of the time that I'm chilling in the server and I have to do something, whether it be homework, eating, or showering probably about 75% of the time there is nobody that I can message that will get on because they are either in the middle of a competitive, or they are just not there/offline, and then I have to leave the server free to chaos for a little bit(also a bit unrelated but inactive staff should also probably be demoted *cough cristo)

Now, I understand that we all have school/work/family to be with/other things to do, and I understand that sometimes we just don't want to be babysitting a server full of 14 year old's that think they know the rules better than we do.

As for a solution, I think that having more staff would help tremendously, and I'm fully aware that we just don't have the qualified people for that, so until we find/get people that are qualified, that's out of the picture. Another possible option, albeit not as solid, is that as a general rule of thumb, if you see one person watching the server alone, then hop on and help him, and the person that was watching don't leave the server to the person that got on to help.

rant over, just wanted to make this known. do with it what you will- ignore it if you want, if you think there might be another solution post here

to some of you this might seem like a pointless/stupid/needy post, and likely you're right, but I'm pretty tired of being the only person to watch the server and I'm confident that the rest of the staff are too.

mass tag- @Snackbar @Chrono @Lithium @Duke @Owl @orangejuice @SyrJirk @Sojodak @SolairefAstora @Pvt.Parts

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This brings up a big problem I've been having lately, which is how fucking hard it is to moderate the server alone during peak hours. At least 60% of our playerbase is incredibly immature and theres 3 total members who aren't staff who are on ts ever, and if they're on usually a majority of the staff is on too. The only form of communication that comes to me is dumbasses spamming SLAY SLAY SLAY SLAY and me having no clue what actually happened, and nobody to ask, because theres 1 me and 24 11 year olds. It's pure chaos. I'm not honestly sure how to fix this, but having more staff members would certainly be one of the ways. I believe me, bonk, duke, syrjyrk, lithium, chrono, and orangejuice all put in a reasonable amount of time looking after the server, it's just not enough. We had what like, 20 moderators at least in css?

Also, the immature mic rule (for warden, at least) needs to come back. There is so many children lately its actually horrible

@Owl we never removed the immature rule for warden? Just made it more up to mod discretion in that if they are doing fine as warden and don't absolutely annoy the world with a literal squeaking voice its cool. if they cant warden just ban them from it.

@Bonk i feel ya dawg on the server having staff and passing it up, or scrimming instead of populating/helping... but also look on the other side of things in that when CS:S was in its peak, it was actually pretty common to see 1 mod on the server with 63 members and randoms all just chilling playing JB. while I don't want to say get over it you can do it alone, I also don't want to sacrifice taking time in choosing who gets mod, so we can keep our staff roster in tip top shape with nothing but the best.

@Chrono but back during CSS we got decent reports of what happened most of the time on csgo when its 20+ the ammount of bullshit you have to deal with to get simple answers if they even look at chat is annoying, thats why i just ct ban for a day min they can learn rules if i see em fuck up, thats why i've told others to do same fuck em they wanna ignore staff and break rules punish em we arnt baby sitters. But yea we really need more active staff *cough* CRISTO *cough* i can handle it by myself but i cant play while doing it.

There are more staff members than currently active non staff members. Cant really just pull new mods out of no where- as the server has grown weve seen new members but many people who have applied have been turned down (see the age limit discussion) and its tough. Just do your best and try to not get overwhelmed - if the server is highly populated and loads of people are being dinguses- maybe try a slightly harsher punishment when you catch a serious rule breaker. Itll show the population theyre being watched and there are consequences.

@Chrono @Snackbar honestly, I don't 100% mind watching 20 people alone; I find fun in seeing people that are being shitheads getting banned. I was leaning more towards the fact that when I need to do something there's nobody else to get on while I'm gone, and occasionally people will get mad at me for saying no to come watch the server when they just want to go queue or scrim while I'm in the middle of something else. it's selfish to say, but I'm pretty tired of it and I'd like a solution when we can find one, which I know probably won't be some time in the near future.

@Bonk if you have to leave then leave just because you are the only mod on the server doesn't mean you can't leave for your real life until someone else gets on. just message somebody and be like "yo i gotta go, no other staff on server dawg" put a message in all chat like "@remember to record demos if people are breaking rules to post them on forums along with screenshots!" then f10, enter, and go about life.

as much as we would like to be able to have staff on at all times, obviously that wont be the case, and you should never feel obligated to stay on alone and make yourself late for things etc. because other staff are being rude to you in steam chat, when you ask them to take your place. also if they really are being rude in steam chat like that and queueing instead of helping (multiple times) let us know, we can talk to them too.

We just brought Insane on today as a mod, and have one more person in mind for a promotion. Working with what I got bud

please say this is a joke, i've seen cristo on more then insane and cristo should be demoted... i'd rather have active mods then inactive ones to come back to. the most inactive staff we have is cristo then hidingmaster and hiding gets on if he can if asked(idk about others asking but he does for me <3)

Insanes activity (if serious he was given mod) Xeno Gamers - Player Sessions History

Cristos Xeno Gamers - Player Sessions History

We need ACTIVE staff not people like insane who want powers but rarly get on. I know theres not many good choices for it but i'd rather wait then promote people who dont deserve it.

Edited by Duke (see edit history)

Ah the ol xG complain-theres-no-staff-then-complain-when-someone-tries-to-help-the-situation.

No ones getting demoted, and this decision was discussed by the high ups. Unless insane fucks up bad im sure he wil fill in the blanks fine. Nothing wrong with an extra hand to help at any given time. Plus hes been in xG for quite sometime.

If you guys want more staff then bring people who would do a good job into the clan. Fuck me for trying to lighten the load a little bit though, right?

Ah the ol xG complain-theres-no-staff-then-complain-when-someone-tries-to-help-the-situation.

No ones getting demoted, and this decision was discussed by the high ups. Unless insane fricks up bad im sure he wil fill in the blanks fine. Nothing wrong with an extra hand to help at any given time. Plus hes been in xG for quite sometime.

If you guys want more staff then bring people who would do a good job into the clan. frick me for trying to lighten the load a little bit though, right?

it doesnt help, look at his activity he ISNT active you brought on somebody who wanted mod and now has it without being active gg.

Please continue to make this out to being my sole decision instead of realizing it was discussed prior. Im simply just trying to help lighten the load, im going off of what people are talking about.

Again, find me someone better for the postion and ill put it to a vote.

Also, you should know none of this is permanent - if it ends up not helping at all then we remove him- simple as that.

@Chrono @Lithium it would be nice to have a bit of support in these situations considering you both were consulted and agreed it wouldnt cause any harm to have an extra set of eyes

Lastly, Insane said he was going to be ramping up his activity. He knows this relies on that, I feel like you of all people shoould know that Im not going to put up with BS staff.

No ones getting demoted

I feel like you of all people shoould know that Im not going to put up with BS staff.

wanna explain why an admin who clearly isnt active on the server isnt gonna be demoted? its not like chrono who is busy and does get on when he can, cristos in teamspeak and on steam just doesnt get on.

Lastly, Insane said he was going to be ramping up his activity. He knows this relies on that..

its not hard to up his activity from zero, look at the link its not hard to go from zero to ONE.