jaygoki

Idek What To Title This

stupid, pointless post?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. stupid, pointless post?

• yes
    • no
    • go fuk urself

I'll admit, I did (and do) have concerns about his activity. But it's not like he's a new member who won't follow the rules, or is really at risk for abusing. If it doesn't turn out as well, then we can demote him just as easily. It doesn't cost anything to have someone as mod/admin and there is no limit to the number of people we can have, which is also the same reason I don't think cristo needs to be demoted. He's not on much but he does great when he is on, and we have no real reason to demote him.

I would like to say that I'm part of the problem in this scenario, as I haven't been active on the server for a while. My mom came back from Alaska, and having lots of dinner dates with family and mounting homework, I haven't been able to moderate for a while.

That being said, @Duke being salty about Insane being promoted is something I don't agree with. Is there any downside for him to be promoted? I get that you want to have quality mods who are serious about wanting to moderate the server, but there's no need to call @Snackbar's decision a "joke." It is very clear that he is trying to help the situation, and even though I understand that you are miffed about Christo being largely inactive(Which I can attest to, as in my entire[Albeit short]time in xG, I have seen him on server ONCE) and Insane being in the same situation, there's no need to shake salt onto the matter.

Edited by SolairefAstora (see edit history)

Its December, this is typically a rough month for everyone, we have the biggest Hallmark Holiday tm to deal with. With that comes family time, work stress, school stress with finals, and a whole slew of other things. Theres going to be bouts of inactivity from everyone ffor whatever reason around this time.

This is my slowest month, I work on commission only and NO ONE spends money on themselves this time a year as they are busy getting gifts for others. I am stressed, struggling, and constantly having a headache right about now.

That being said, despite all of the real life stress that actually matters, I am still doing my best to devote time to this place because I actually give a fuck about you guys and the community, and by taking the position of division leader I knew full well I would have to work this into my schedule. One of the early promises I made was that I wasnt going to be a dl wh0 does it for a while then bails- Im in this for the long run.

I read every post and I do my best to deal with peoples concerns GRANTED they fall under my jurisdiction. Some things I cant make a final call on until @Rhododendron signs off on it, but also be aware that believe me when I say it, soon as he gives me an hours time to approve some things, I will be spearheading some of the bigger issues you guys have brought up, until then Im just doing my best with hat Ive got to work with.

I have said it time and time again that I am 100% influenced in my ideas by the community- you ask, and if its fair and people agree, I give. I know I cant please everyone - but at least im trying to do SOMETHING rather than just sit back and watch the world burn.

Im going to take a few things brought up here and make a few posts with some updated rules regarding membership vouches among other things.

Until then, stop getting pissed at me people, I'm simply doing what you ask with what I got.

That being said, despite all of the real life stress that actually matters, I am still doing my best to devote time to this place because I actually give a fuck about you guys and the community
probably the nicest thing you've said to us :)

on a more serious note, while I think that Insane would be a great mod if he was one more, I agree with Duke in saying that Cristo has been inactive for long enough that he should at the very least be demoted back to mod. It's been plenty long enough that he's been inactive for a demotion, and even though he has been here longer than most, that in theory shouldn't give him immunity to demotion. imo, there are people more eligible for his spot(orangejuice, *self promotion- hell, even Rabid would be a good fit for his position IMO). just my $0.02