YeEternalTuna

About The Gmod Division

Soon as someone capable will step up to manage moderation, population and the forums; TTT can be setup and launched. It's really not that difficult, just time consuming. I've been doing this stuff for about seven years and have no problem giving pointers, about how to be a good left-wing moderator.

There's an amazing configuration waiting for TTT that just needs updated with the latest GMOD improvements from Morbus. My favourite part of the configuration is a powerful exponential equation that reduces RDMing by 80%, without having to cast a single ban. It strips away the client's damage (karma) until they have none left. Then recalls it each map, so they have to earn it back by playing properly.

>
function KARMA.GetDF(ply)
  local k = 1000 - ply:GetLiveKarma()
  local df = 1 - 0.00004 * (k ^ 1.5685)
  return df
end

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)

We need to do something about all the dead TF2 servers, Gmod would be alive with Darkrp, TTT, or Cinematic servers. CS:GO is doing really well right now, actually. But we have like 5+ dead tf2 servers that we need to do something about.

We need to do something about all the dead TF2 servers, Gmod would be alive with Darkrp, TTT, or Cinematic servers. CS:GO is doing really well right now, actually. But we have like 5+ dead tf2 servers that we need to do something about.
tbh I myself personally enjoy Darkrp and the cinema servers but TTT would probably win if we had a poll but we should really have darkrp/ttt/cinema server, all three or just two.

A lot of the issue with darkrp

• it's too easy to farm money when nobody is there (yes you could put in a plugin that doesn't allow money printers being purchased without 4+ people on, but then you just grab 3 friends and go on when nobody else is there and afk farm money while you play other games/watch netflix)
  • there will never be enough dedicated staff to deal with the rule breaking if/when it gets populated that can watch almost literally everything and abstain from playing, not to mention the favoritism that happens when a staff member is actually playing darkrp and builds a base with his friends that can at that point do no wrong.
  • It's too easy for a moderate sized group of friends to get together and buy out/ own large portions of maps and basically control an entire section (see Detroit Gang @Rabid @Bleed @BleedsBrother @Aegean @DeathGod etc.) hordeing large amounts of money and controlling the "key jobs" such as gun dealer, thief, mob boss, etc.
  • With the ease of getting vast amounts of money guns etc. either have to cost a literal fuck ton of cash making early game impossible without being a large group that pools money together, or constantly reset server money.

TTT on the other hand has literally none of those downfalls, the largest issue is having staff able to see what happens but for a good amount of it the TTT logs are very well done for vanilla TTT and it's pretty easy to see almost everything happening since maps are relatively small.

A lot of the issue with darkrp

• it's too easy to farm money when nobody is there (yes you could put in a plugin that doesn't allow money printers being purchased without 4+ people on, but then you just grab 3 friends and go on when nobody else is there and afk farm money while you play other games/watch netflix)
  • there will never be enough dedicated staff to deal with the rule breaking if/when it gets populated that can watch almost literally everything and abstain from playing, not to mention the favoritism that happens when a staff member is actually playing darkrp and builds a base with his friends that can at that point do no wrong.
  • It's too easy for a moderate sized group of friends to get together and buy out/ own large portions of maps and basically control an entire section (see Detroit Gang @Rabid @Bleed @BleedsBrother @Aegean @DeathGod etc.) hordeing large amounts of money and controlling the "key jobs" such as gun dealer, thief, mob boss, etc.
  • With the ease of getting vast amounts of money guns etc. either have to cost a literal frick ton of cash making early game impossible without being a large group that pools money together, or constantly reset server money.

TTT on the other hand has literally none of those downfalls, the largest issue is having staff able to see what happens but for a good amount of it the TTT logs are very well done for vanilla TTT and it's pretty easy to see almost everything happening since maps are relatively small.

You're right about all of the downfall's for DarkRP but what about Cinema?

Yeah staffing is literally the only issue holding back TTT currently; more specially, a division manager to run everything except for server operation. I still think regardless of what people say, there will always be someone posting for DarkRP, even though that is completely unobtainable currently for various reasons. That gamemode would require TRIPLE the amount of staffing as TTT for back-end server operation.

Logs are not an issue. One of the Morbus improvements for RDM logs, was to dump them to a text file. Then view the full history with a ftp:// (instead of http://) handle through a web browser.

One thing that was on my to-do-list (but I never got around to it) was log condensation. The idea being to combine multiple concurrent instances of damage, from the same player, where possible. This would prevent console overloads in long rounds and further simplify viewing. The string handling and table indexing for that was deemed complex and time consuming, which is why it was pushed to low priority.

Long story short for Garry's Mod.

• TTT - Yes, just have to get staffing for this server.
  • Zombie Survival and Morbus revival would likely be the next easiest thing after TTT.
  • DarkRP - Flat out NO, stop asking. It's not by any means obtainable currently.

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)

Good to hear @Stickz, I want to focus on minecraft right now anyways after terraria is out on friday, but I will definitely keep updated with you and if I don't find staff for GMOD TTT or Cinema then I'll help set it up if there's enough interest and we can go from there

DarkRP/ at master · FPtje/DarkRP · GitHub[/url]

Pretty sure it's obtainable, just saying.

For cinema, if it happens, I'm calling it.

Someone will play pron videos.

I don't think it's about that. DarkRP servers just end up being the exact same as every other DarkRP server out there, unless you just load up a crap load of useless addons and make it confusing and laggy.

Stickz probably want's a better solution than that.

DarkRP/ at master · FPtje/DarkRP · GitHub[/url]

Pretty sure it's obtainable, just saying.

For cinema, if it happens, I'm calling it.

Someone will play pron videos.

I don't think it's about that. DarkRP servers just end up being the exact same as every other DarkRP server out there, unless you just load up a crap load of useless addons and make it confusing and laggy.

Stickz probably want's a better solution than that.

Also see what I put in my post above. unobtainable does not mean that the plugins cannot be grabbed, just not something capable of being done at the moment.

There's nothing stopping someone like MineCrack, who's "all talk and no action" from managing TTT.

No need to antagonize me for pointing out facts. I would love to manage TTT if I did not have classes, managing a TTT server is time consuming but I am sure someone with less commitment can easily manage the server.

If someone wants to step up and manage a TTT division, they're more than welcome to. I also have no problem working behind the lines to code and manage server operation.

People have mentioned they are willing to be staff on the TTT server, there just needs one to be up before that happens. I'm sure @Aegean who's goal is to improve every division in xG and the clan in general is willing to put together a gmod staff team.

People have mentioned they are willing to be staff on the TTT server, there just needs one to be up before that happens. I'm sure @Aegean who's goal is to improve every division in xG and the clan in general is willing to put together a gmod staff team.

I just have to fix up source-bans and the loading screen then I'll unlock the TTT server. I've completed everything else, only took about 45m. Waiting on a response to a private message I sent @Rhododendron for important information.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)