Aegean

Lets Talk About Minecraft Xg

On more populated servers, HG will start once the lobby is full. I do not expect that kind of activity anytime soon so the alternative is to allow whoever is on to start the game themselves once everyone is on. This won't start the game immediately it will give a 30 second grace period for more people to join in case someone does try to be scum. Yes the chests were shit (ex. @MinerTeddy always seemed to have more bows than arrows). Me and owl did not have the full understanding of how they chests worked and I am going to be testing it to try and find a good item ratio. I am not going to make it so you can break blocks. That would make it too easy to scum. You dig yourself into a hole and cover it up and hold shift? Yeah no. We know HG is not as popular as it was before so that is why it is not the main gamemode that'll bring people to the server. Just something people can come on and play for fun.

If you have any other issues or concerns about HG just come talk to me on Teamspeak

Whats to stop someone from digging a hole and hiding there the whole game? Thats not something I want to happen. What other purpose would being allowed to break blocks be used for? I could see getting into buildings but this could still be used to create some really cheap hiding spots that I don't think are good for HG

So, you want to remove a key aspect of minecraft pvp because you are worried about delays? No matter what, if someone wants to delay they're going to delay. They will hide in an obscure spot and delay, building or no building it will happen.

A death match or teleport after X amount of time solves this issue. Anyone who just camps would obviously not be as geared as someone who is actively killing players and claiming all the loots. So camping would not be the key to victory.

HG is literally a game where there is bound to be avoiding. Teleporting is really the only way to solve it as far as I know. Skywars way of solving this is always having a middle point or key point to be. After X amount of time, the map crumbles until the inner part is only left which essentially forces campers out. 100% of the time those campers will be under geared and get destroyed.

Another way to solve camping is restocking the certain chests with higher tiered gear after X amount of time. This another way skywars solves campers and rewards people pvping.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

So, you want to remove a key aspect of minecraft pvp because you are worried about delays? No matter what, if someone wants to delay they're going to delay. They will hide in an obscure spot and delay, building or no building it will happen.

A death match or teleport after X amount of time solves this issue. Anyone who just camps would obviously not be as geared as someone who is actively killing players and claiming all the loots. So camping would not be the key to victory.

HG is literally a game where there is bound to be avoiding. Teleporting is really the only way to solve it as far as I know. Skywars way of solving this is always having a middle point or key point to be. After X amount of time, the map crumbles until the inner part is only left which essentially forces campers out. 100% of the time those campers will be under geared and get destroyed.

Another way to solve camping is restocking the certain chests with higher tiered gear after X amount of time. This another way skywars solves campers and rewards people pvping.

There is already DM and chest relooting. Unless there some other good reason for having the ability to destroy blocks its not gonna happen.

There is already DM and chest relooting. Unless there some other good reason for having the ability to destroy blocks its not gonna happen.

Already gave you a reason (which you seem to have ignored). Disabling building in HG is not going to prevent delaying, its only going to change how people delay. You're only stripping PVP aspects from an already primitive minigame that is way out of season.

I personally agree with @DrPepperPhreak on not letting people break/build blocks on HG, I'll check out some HG servers to see what some of the popular servers do, but I can understand his reasoning for it and it makes sense to me.

Edit: Viewed popular servers, some do not allow building or destroying, there's pros/cons to both, but I think it would be best to just keep it as it is for now. Sky wars does seem fun as well, we can look to implementing that in the near future. All our focus will be on Towny though so we don't get sidetracked.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I mean hunger games takes too many players, and factions leaves the whole world blown up and ugly. Towny has that same feel but its relaxed. You can have pvp turned on outside towns, and have the skill system like we did before, its gonna be fun

I mean hunger games takes too many players, and factions leaves the whole world blown up and ugly. Towny has that same feel but its relaxed. You can have pvp turned on outside towns, and have the skill system like we did before, its gonna be fun

I believe there's an option to regenerate chunks that are inactive.

Does towny have raiding of any sort?

I believe so, having both towny and factions has never made any sense to me since they pretty much do the same thing but with different features. I personally prefer towny as it has always had more features and more options for town owners to utilize.

If I was given a choice I think people would like fast games like skyblock or tnt run etc. Something short if your just starting off then later add like hunger games once the sever grows a little.

We should do a factions server people love those.

I dont think youve ever been on xG minecraft.

Anyways, I dont play minecraft anymore. But if any building help is needed, Ill be happy to help.

I dont think youve ever been on xG minecraft.
What??? Factions is a great gamemode that is based around building teams and gathering resources, etc. Why would you think it's a bad idea? I mean, fast games would do much better, but factions is still a populated gamemode.

What??? Factions is a great gamemode that is based around building teams and gathering resources, etc. Why would you think it's a bad idea? I mean, fast games would do much better, but factions is still a populated gamemode.

Believe me, I know how faction goes. You start out, you build your empire. In the end, there's the 2 or 3 superempires , then it gets VERY repetitive .