Mr.LogicToast

Mac Address Banning.

It's not like evading is of a incredibly big deal to take as drastic of measures as to MAC ban. How the reprehensions of evasion are issued is fine as is.

It's a interesting suggestion, regardless I see no use.

I probably will stand neutral on the matter for the current time.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

It's not like evading is of a incredibly big deal to take as drastic of measures as to MAC ban. How the reprehensions of evasion are issued is fine as is.

It's a interesting suggestion, regardless I see no use.

I probably will stand neutral on the matter for the current time.

If someone keeps coming on the server and hacking over and over again to annoy people on the server and waste staff's time, I do not see how this isn't useful. The fact that anyone we IP Ban can still get on the servers proves that the current system is not "fine as it is".

MAC Adresses are impossible to access unless we install software in the clients pc or are on the same network as a user. (which obviously won't happen). Changing systems will not solve it and VAC will never be able to do anything unless valve decides to implement hardware bans themselves. There is nothing we can do about it and you guys simply need to be more stubborn than them on this one.

Why is this thread even a thing?

You can't get his MAC Address through tf2. Even if tf2 provided a way to access a user's MAC Address they can still change it. Anyone willing to evade IP bans would be willing to evade a MAC ban. It's a flawed idea to begin with.

The problem at hand is an issue that comes with any free game. The solution is not simple. If someone wants to ban evade over and over the best you can do is make it a hassle to do so. Inevitably, said solutions would effect legitimate players.