Kypari

Remove The Teleport Spawncamping Rule?

Remove the teleport spawncamping rule?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Remove the teleport spawncamping rule?

I'm fairly sure this rule was added in the first place to prevent spawncamping on insanely difficult maps to escape the spawncamp from such as Nimbusland. However, that map was removed and this rule just makes everything really awkward to enforce for staff unless there is an active sentry nest by the teleporter to the outside, and if so it could be deemed unbreakable by an admin. This also gives very unfair advantages on some maps such as Rusty Bucket Bay as blu team cannot be spawncamped but red can. My suggestion is to remove the spawncamp rule altogether and just allow people to spawncamp as much as they want on any map, but if it is unbreakable such as a sentry nest in front of the teleporter then it can be deemed unbreakable and broken by an admin. The spawn protection should be enough for people to break out of it for the most part.

But there is still maps with teleport spawns..

I still dont get it, what makes tele spawns worse than regular spawns? If anything spawncamping at regular spawns are worse because you can shoot inside the spawn but there are no rules against that.

I still dont get it, what makes tele spawns worse than regular spawns?

Is it not obvious? Teleporting out of spawn puts you at a disadvantage versus normal spawn doors opening. For example, say you're getting camped on a teleport spawn map. You have a uber ready for you to release your inner rage at the spawncampers. You leave the spawn first, you get gunned down. Your medic is either too late, ubers you barely on time, or is shot right up into the air away from you and mowed down after the uber is up.

Normal spawns there is more possibility to your actions.

I still dont get it, what makes tele spawns worse than regular spawns? If anything spawncamping at regular spawns are worse because you can shoot inside the spawn but there are no rules against that.

It's because literally not even uber can break a semi big to big camp on a tele spawn without pure luck, because during the delay of being placed in that new area the heal stream is broken, which makes re finding the heal target and popping uber without being moved away, killed, or both by enemy players next to impossible.

I'm gonna -1 but as long as we still put a stop to sentry camps after tele spawns I'll grudgingly accept it. I am just of the opinion that camping teleporter spawn exits (especially with buildings or pixel perfect backstab spies) because you know you'll have an advantage is shady business for shady people, and leads to more upset people leaving the server than fun havers staying.

It's because literally not even uber can break a semi big to big camp on a tele spawn without pure luck, because during the delay of being placed in that new area the heal stream is broken, which makes re finding the heal target and popping uber without being moved away, killed, or both by enemy players next to impossible.

I'm gonna -1 but as long as we still put a stop to sentry camps after tele spawns I'll grudgingly accept it. I am just of the opinion that camping teleporter spawn exits (especially with buildings or pixel perfect backstab spies) because you know you'll have an advantage is shady business for shady people, and leads to more upset people leaving the server than fun havers staying.

Is it not obvious? Teleporting out of spawn puts you at a disadvantage versus normal spawn doors opening. For example, say you're getting camped on a teleport spawn map. You have a uber ready for you to release your inner rage at the spawncampers. You leave the spawn first, you get gunned down. Your medic is either too late, ubers you barely on time, or is shot right up into the air away from you and mowed down after the uber is up.

Normal spawns there is more possibility to your actions.

We have spawn protection for a reason though. You'd be fine for the first few seconds walking out and the medic can just uber you as you leave.

I think the main problem is how you can't camp the area as like a Scout or Soldier or something. Sentry nests I agree should be banned.

We have spawn protection for a reason though. You'd be fine for the first few seconds walking out and the medic can just uber you as you leave.

I think the main problem is how you can't camp the area as like a Scout or Soldier or something. Sentry nests I agree should be banned.

Even with spawn protection there is still airblasts/sentry knockback. Separating the heal pair even when they have spawn protection is EZPZ

Even with spawn protection there is still airblasts/sentry knockback. Separating the heal pair even when they have spawn protection is EZPZ

If you know how to actually play the game breaking the spawn camp is pretty easy too.

I just see this rule as a sort of forgotten rule and it feels so wrong to warn people for. People break this rule again and again (different people) and it just becomes more of a hassle.

If you know how to actually play the game breaking the spawn camp is pretty easy too.

This is the problem. People seem to think everyone on the servers are professionals who can outplay the other team. This isn't the case. Most people on the trade servers are at an average skill level.

I just see this rule as a sort of forgotten rule and it feels so wrong to warn people for. People break this rule again and again (different people) and it just becomes more of a hassle.

Sorry, but if you should be enforcing it as long as it's a rule. Not just you, but the other staff should be too. Even if it's a hassle, you're staff for TF2 xG servers. It's what you signed up for.

People seem to think everyone on the servers are professionals who can outplay the other team

Doesn't matter. It's not hard to break a spawncamp and I'm no professional either. In the case that it is impossible then that's where admins+ step in and stop it.

Sorry, but if you should be enforcing it as long as it's a rule. Not just you, but the other staff should be too. Even if it's a hassle, you're staff for TF2 xG servers. It's what you signed up for.

No I'm not saying that I'm not enforcing it. It's a rule that we have to constantly enforce that always seems to happen and it makes a lot of maps infuriating to play on. Feels like a pointless rule.

Edited by Kypari (see edit history)

I've seen this for years, biggest fallacy of the server. Playing the game doesn't help the camped team have less afks/people in spectate trying to join the other team/ or people leaving because of the camp.

And if there is a spy who isn't bodyblocking, but is pixel perfect behind the exit backstabbing those who leave, it doesn't matter if you know how to play the game, because it's a race to turn your mouse before they click. It has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with luck.

The rule should be enforced only against nests.

If you can't break a camp that has a combo and Sniper that means you're just not trying. The other team camping doesn't get spawncamped because they don't try; only stay friendly and want things handed to them. The no camping teleport spawns should be changed rather than removed.

Alot of people stay by the spawns and complain about spawncamp, how are staff supposed to know he was out and stayed there or not. Besides spawn protection is there anyways, especially on TGH, Lasts long enough for you to kill 2 or 3 people.

Trying to balance something based on lowest levels of play isn't really that effective @Goblins . Imagine any sport or game balanced around kindergartners. I'm not trying to say that xG Trade servers are really competitive or anything, but if you balance around lower-skilled play, you'll only have more problems with people who're better than it. Teleport spawns are pretty godawful imo, but you do have significant time to pop an uber with spawn protection, and pyros can deny an uber regardless of the spawn type.

My personal issue with the "no teleport spawncamping" rule is that killing Snipers who literally just sit hard-scoping right outside their spawn will be often mistaken as spawncamping, and then you'll get a "tut-tut-ing" from the admin or whatever.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)