Tekk

In Regards To TF2's Future

Here we go! Alright, for the first step to improving servers I would say is to be more lenient when it comes to rules however at the same time make sure its well secured to prevent any sort of loopholing and to be as descriptive as possible because before hand there were multiple times in which something seemed like a loophole but I wasn't really sure just because it barely touched up on to that very bare bone rules of "no loopholing" if it could be more descriptive all the while removing some of the more so extra rules that aren't really needed it can allow for more freedom on servers while still keeping a very tight structure of the rules to ensure nobody slips by via barely really messing with a rule to the point where if you do an action that is unliked I can easily check against the rules and be able to decide if its a loophole, against the rules, or not, so more descriptive rules with more freedom is what I am getting at. Along with that if anyone server isn't really getting popular I believe that community hosted nights should be able to be started by admins and + to get said servers to be populated, the reason why I say this is because higher ups most of the time can't actually host a community night and if all the admins who don't have as much stress decide than servers can be up and more populated more often, the reason why I say admin and not mod is because they are obviously more trusted, I will most definitely post more ideas soon, just right now I am a bit busy with other things, also if you need help with plugins I know a thing or two (not really but I can try my best, I have the basics down lol). Good luck you guys!

I think it's also important to note, that this should be just about the game itself either, as TF2 in general is dying off. We need something to bring players in and a reason to play the game. As it stands right now, there are not a lot of active American servers as much as their used to be. We need to keep up a YouTube channel that represents the server/game well in order to increase the player base as a whole. Having a game mode rotation server would be a must this way we wouldn't have to get rid of dead servers, instead we could place them on rotation to encourage variety, and prevent bland game play for longer than 20 minutes. If we can't get them to actively play for 20 minutes, they are not going to want to stay for 5.

On 5/13/2019 at 2:53 AM, Giraffes said:

I think it's also important to note, that this should be just about the game itself either, as TF2 in general is dying off. We need something to bring players in and a reason to play the game. As it stands right now, there are not a lot of active American servers as much as their used to be. We need to keep up a YouTube channel that represents the server/game well in order to increase the player base as a whole. Having a game mode rotation server would be a must this way we wouldn't have to get rid of dead servers, instead we could place them on rotation to encourage variety, and prevent bland game play for longer than 20 minutes. If we can't get them to actively play for 20 minutes, they are not going to want to stay for 5.

If I made add, sorry not trying to double post here, is that you guys are going to need some heavy marketing to redirect everyone to Xg. A lot of people beat our FF2 servers by a long shot. Game Variety Rotation is something no one really does.So instead of having a normal rotation, having Murder, hidden, etc. on our servers could be very fun. 

Do you guys have any time frames, or plans layed out yet, because we can talk all day, but unless there is an actual time frame initiative/ project, this will always just stay as talking.

I have some unedited footage that i recorded while i was playing on xg when the server was really popular and i think it could be used from a xg youtube channel if there is a youtube channel for xg

19 minutes ago, kelly678 said:

I have some unedited footage that i recorded while i was playing on xg when the server was really popular and i think it could be used from a xg youtube channel if there is a youtube channel for xg

@Thorax_

I'll edit the video for you, only 6 pesos mi amigo