Sign in to follow this  
JimenyCrickets

Up the Membership App Requirements

I don't really feel like making a long post so I will keep it short:

The membership requirements are laughably low. LAUGHABLY.

Reading Duckii's thread on Membership apps, it appears that you need 10 +1's to get in.

There are 7134 members in all of xG. This means that 10/7134 = only .1% of the clan needs to like you for you to be accepted.

Let me restate that for you.

CURRENTLY, IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED INTO THE CLAN, YOU NEED TO HAVE .1% OF THE CLANS APPROVAL

That is absolutely ridiculous; especially when there are so many post count hungry people spamming posts who will literally +1 every application they see, we definitely need to make the vote requirement ATLEAST 20, if not even higher.

Xenogamers group: >7000 members

Being in the xG group doesnt mean you are in the clan, I dont know if there's a way to know how many members do we have atm.

the 7134 people is the xG steam group, we just recently (being a few weeks ago) achieved 1,000 actual xG members, not counting those of us who have left the clan for other things (T3k and personal reasons)

^theres your answer

yup problem solved inb4 sealed away in the great time war.

Also most people you ask to +1 your app -1 cause of it from what i see.

^^^^ +1 with reason stated above, by smoker

Also Id say you shouldnt be allowed to use that crap either " ^^^^ +1 reasons stated above"

Really your going to -1 or +1 something by saying "ditto"?

Also I feel the person who's app it is shouldnt be allowed to reply or comment on his own app. Period. If they do, the app should be closed.

Its just not good form, to talk on your own app.

Also can we add to the app- that they must know AND understand the motd?

When I say this to people, they say: its required already. But no where in the app does it say that or in the outline given for applyin.

Example of basic app---

Heres my name:

My steam ID;

My reason for wantin to join:

Now wait.....

Heres my +10 popularity voches.

Hurray im in, n i dont even understand the motd :)

Joy xD

That is absolutely ridiculous; especially when there are so many post count hungry people spamming posts who will literally +1 every application they see, we definitely need to make the vote requirement ATLEAST 20, if not even higher.

So that 10 MORE "post count hungry people spamming posts" can +1 before the thread closes?

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Also I feel the person who's app it is shouldnt be allowed to reply or comment on his own app. Period. If they do, the app should be closed.

Its just not good form, to talk on your own app.

So saying "thanks guys!!" is bad form? LOL. Every member submission ever would have to be closed lol. Also its common knowledge that sometimes apps get buried especially in all the weekend posts and its perfectly fine (even ENCOURAGED) to humble "Bump" your app if it gets buried, granted ---> not the second IT ISNT THE FIRST POST, but if it slides to page 2 or 3, theres no harm in bumping it. So you want them to lose their chance If they want someone to notice? Wow. Ive seen people who had MORE THAN ENOUGH vouches to earn their tag who had their post buried before a co leader could award them their tag, and bumping brought it to their attention. TO punish someone for this is just a silly concept.

I don't really feel like making a long post so I will keep it short:

The membership requirements are laughably low. LAUGHABLY.

Reading Duckii's thread on Membership apps, it appears that you need 10 +1's to get in.

There are 7134 members in all of xG. This means that 10/7134 = only .1% of the clan needs to like you for you to be accepted.

Let me restate that for you.

CURRENTLY, IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED INTO THE CLAN, YOU NEED TO HAVE .1% OF THE CLANS APPROVAL

why is every single post you make so dramatic? chill out.

..anyway, I do agree the requirements could be bumped slightly but other then that, its not a problem

of upping the clan requirements to join, its a problem that people aren't active enough which makes it seem

the percentage is so low.

With the possibility of the new vouch committee, we probably shouldn't worry too much about anything.

Also, as serbian said, an astronomically low percentage of people in the steam group are in the clan and are active on the forums. And only persons under such criteria are worth considering in this situation.

Our clan is not a jailbreak clan anymore, so why would we make it a priority to know MOTD? We have alot of new members coming from minecraft, surf, and mini-games. Not only that, Members do not get any special powers, so why does it matter ? We do not have everyone in our clan active on the forums, to make something substancially hard to be a member. That being said, I was thinking of making a post requirement before APPLYING to be a member. That I will discuss at a later time though. For now, please do not make huge speeches without doing a background check, we do not have 7000 members, our steam PUBLIC group does not in any way state our actual clan size.

~Closed